I admit it: I'm a poser!

Old January 26th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default I admit it: I'm a poser!

Just so we know where we stand from the very outset of this thread: I
want a trials uni, or a uni that looks like a trials uni, but I don't
want to do trials on it!

So yeah, I freely admit, I wanna be a trials poser!

After breaking my leg doing trials a few years back, my interest in
trials faded. I sold the 20 inch and concentrated more on long
distance riding. Now there are times when I think it would be fun to
tool around on the smaller wheel but not in a freestyle kind of way.
Out on the street, around town, just playing around, nothing hardcore.
So I like the fat trials wheels but don't need the trials strength.

Is there a uni out there that's just made for a poser like me?

thanks in advance for any suggestions.

--
Erin
Erin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2036

Old January 26th 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Thanks for your reply John; it made me laugh!

Naw, I guess I am just a superficial poser as I really don't need the
whole 'splined hub' look. But the fat tire for sure....

And yes, I have often have gear that is better than my
abilities....hey, what can I say, I'm just a natural when it comes to
posing....

Old January 26th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Definatly the Nimbus Trials... Its cheap, looks good (with chrome
cranks), and will hold up to a bit too.

Mike

--
swarbrim

add me at
swarbrim's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

Old January 26th 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

johnfoss wrote:
My old friend and performing partner Greg Milstein
(www.centeringcircus.com) just told me he bought himself a Trials uni
for performing, to replace his old Miyata. He loves the way it rides in
the grassy circus ring where he often works.

John, I met Greg last summer when I went to see a friend who'd been
studying with him. We were talking unicycles and he mentioned a friend
called John who was into Muni. I wondered if it was you...

Small world

Paul

--
paul royle
paul royle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5572

Old January 26th 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Since you are in Canada I would strongly suggest getting a bedford light
duty trials. A friend of mine has it and its quite nice, plus the price
is about the same as the Nimbus and you will save a ton on shipping or
you can get it in fancy colours.

--
ntappin

Old January 29th 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

ntappin wrote:
Since you are in Canada I would strongly suggest getting a bedford light
duty trials. A friend of mine has it and its quite nice, plus the price
is about the same as the Nimbus and you will save a ton on shipping or
you can get it in fancy colours.

Good suggestion ntappin. Fancy colours, eh? Is that included in the
price or extra?

And do you or anyone else know if the Bedford light duty comes with
metal pedals (what kind?) and a three bolt seat post clamp?

Old January 29th 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

the colors are extra, $35 for the frame, other components cost other
prices.

--
koebwil
koebwil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11308

Old January 29th 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

koebwil wrote:
the colors are extra, $35 for the frame, other components cost other
prices.

thanks.

Do you know what type of tire in on the light duty? Is it the 2.50
Luna?

Old January 29th 06, 02:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

probably, it is the least expensive trials tire they sell. You could
call to check.