The real reason Tyler was on DHEA?

Old April 23rd 10, 05:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bar

Default The real reason Tyler was on DHEA?

"LOS ANGELES (AFP) – Olympic 400 metres champ LaShawn Merritt of the
United States has been suspended after testing positive for an
anabolic steroid contained in an over-the-counter penis enlargement
product.

Merritt, who is also the world champion at 400 metres, said in a
statement via his lawyer that he was "deeply sorry" at failing three
doping controls for the banned substance DHEA.

The 23-year-old American, who faces a two-year ban, said: "To know
that I've tested positive as a result of a product that I used for
personal reasons is extremely difficult to wrap my hands around."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100422...amerrittdoping
Old April 23rd 10, 06:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Apr 23, 10:08*am, bar wrote:
"LOS ANGELES (AFP) – Olympic 400 metres champ LaShawn Merritt *of the
United States has been suspended after testing positive for an
anabolic steroid contained in an over-the-counter penis enlargement
product.

Merritt, who is also the world champion at 400 metres, said in a
statement via his lawyer that he was "deeply sorry" at failing three
doping controls for the banned substance DHEA.

The 23-year-old American, who faces a two-year ban, said: "To know
that I've tested positive as a result of a product that I used for
personal reasons is extremely difficult to wrap my hands around."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100422...csusamerrittdo...

Okay, how comical is that last sentence, given the purpose of the
product he used?
Old April 23rd 10, 06:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
heather

Scott wrote:
On Apr 23, 10:08 am, bar wrote:
"LOS ANGELES (AFP) – Olympic 400 metres champ LaShawn Merritt of the
United States has been suspended after testing positive for an
anabolic steroid contained in an over-the-counter penis enlargement
product.

Merritt, who is also the world champion at 400 metres, said in a
statement via his lawyer that he was "deeply sorry" at failing three
doping controls for the banned substance DHEA.

The 23-year-old American, who faces a two-year ban, said: "To know
that I've tested positive as a result of a product that I used for
personal reasons is extremely difficult to wrap my hands around."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100422...csusamerrittdo...

Okay, how comical is that last sentence, given the purpose of the
product he used?

very! (very very!) you read my mind (or I guess I was reading yours)
Old April 23rd 10, 06:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Frederick the Great

In article
,
bar wrote:

"LOS ANGELES (AFP) – Olympic 400 metres champ LaShawn Merritt of the
United States has been suspended after testing positive for an
anabolic steroid contained in an over-the-counter penis enlargement
product.

Merritt, who is also the world champion at 400 metres, said in a
statement via his lawyer that he was "deeply sorry" at failing three
doping controls for the banned substance DHEA.

The 23-year-old American, who faces a two-year ban, said: "To know
that I've tested positive as a result of a product that I used for
personal reasons is extremely difficult to wrap my hands around."

Garbled that metaphor.

LaShawn, when busted for dope tell them
you purposely bought anabolic steroids in Mexico.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100422...amerrittdoping

--
Old Fritz
Old April 23rd 10, 07:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bar

On Apr 23, 1:20*pm, heather wrote:
Scott wrote:
On Apr 23, 10:08 am, bar wrote:
"LOS ANGELES (AFP) Olympic 400 metres champ LaShawn Merritt *of the
United States has been suspended after testing positive for an
anabolic steroid contained in an over-the-counter penis enlargement
product.

Merritt, who is also the world champion at 400 metres, said in a
statement via his lawyer that he was "deeply sorry" at failing three
doping controls for the banned substance DHEA.

The 23-year-old American, who faces a two-year ban, said: "To know
that I've tested positive as a result of a product that I used for
personal reasons is extremely difficult to wrap my hands around."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100422...csusamerrittdo....

Okay, how comical is that last sentence, given the purpose of the
product he used?

very! (very very!) you read my mind (or I guess I was reading yours)

yes, i literally fell outta my chair when reading that.
Old April 23rd 10, 07:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

Frederick the Great wrote:
LaShawn, when busted for dope tell them
you purposely bought anabolic steroids in Mexico.

As funny as the quote is, I'll bet there is more to the
story than a quack pharmaceutical.

Fred Flintstein
Old April 23rd 10, 09:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

===================
Okay, how comical is that last sentence, given the purpose of the
product he used?
===================

Sounded like an emphatic product endorsement to me. Perhaps "Bob" may be
getting a bit long in the tooth but short on the action, and he's hoping to
replace him as the head spokesman?

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old April 23rd 10, 11:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Frederick the Great

In article ,
Fred Flintstein wrote:

Frederick the Great wrote:
LaShawn, when busted for dope tell them
you purposely bought anabolic steroids in Mexico.

As funny as the quote is, I'll bet there is more to the
story than a quack pharmaceutical.

If his story is substantially accurate, he looks a bit foolish.
If it is not, then, I dunno ... realm of the truly oblivious.

When caught out the public is looking for blood.
You may lose a pint, because they can strap you
down and take it; but don't offer it. Keep schtum.

--
Old Fritz
Old April 24th 10, 12:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Phil H

On Apr 23, 10:01*am, Scott wrote:
On Apr 23, 10:08*am, bar wrote:

"LOS ANGELES (AFP) – Olympic 400 metres champ LaShawn Merritt *of the
United States has been suspended after testing positive for an
anabolic steroid contained in an over-the-counter penis enlargement
product.

Merritt, who is also the world champion at 400 metres, said in a
statement via his lawyer that he was "deeply sorry" at failing three
doping controls for the banned substance DHEA.

The 23-year-old American, who faces a two-year ban, said: "To know
that I've tested positive as a result of a product that I used for
personal reasons is extremely difficult to wrap my hands around."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100422...csusamerrittdo...

Okay, how comical is that last sentence, given the purpose of the
product he used?

If the product really worked he would have said "difficult to wrap my
arms around."

Phil H
Old April 24th 10, 04:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steve Freides[_2_]

Phil H wrote:
On Apr 23, 10:01 am, Scott wrote:
On Apr 23, 10:08 am, bar wrote:

[...]

OK, you made me laugh out loud with that one.

-S-