Identifying an older Cannondale road bike

Old September 15th 03, 01:34 AM
Rod

Default Identifying an older Cannondale road bike

I'm trying to determine the model number of a Cannondale road racing
bike that was made in the late 80's. The serial number, which is
engraved on the chainstay is 54021787135. I can't find any other
numbers at all on the bike frame. Any help on this is greatly
appreciated.

Rod H.
Old September 15th 03, 04:00 PM
Pat

x-no-archive:yes

I'm trying to determine the model number of a Cannondale road racing
bike that was made in the late 80's. The serial number, which is
engraved on the chainstay is 54021787135. I can't find any other
numbers at all on the bike frame. Any help on this is greatly
appreciated.

Rod H.

I have a catalog that was put out when I got my 1987 Cannondale. If you can
tell me the colors or something else--like parts, that would help.

Pat in TX

Old September 15th 03, 08:49 PM
Doug

I just went through the same thing with my older cannondale - The
information you're looking for is in the serial number:

54021787135 - your bike is a 54cm built February 17, 1987. Believe it or
not, my serial number is 54021787121 - looks like it was built shortly
before yours! Based on what I found out about mine, it's a SR500. I have a
pdf of the 1987 catalog if you're interested.

Doug

om...