stretching 661 veggie wrap shins?

Old April 13th 05, 08:52 AM
saam

Default stretching 661 veggie wrap shins?

i purchased a pair of 661 veggie wrap shins. i tried one on in the shop
and it was very compfy, a little snug but good. neway i got home and put
them both on and again the same one fitted nicely but the other just
fits and is really tight (no matter which leg it is on). i have tried
stretching it around a post over night but i had no effect. ne ideas

PS they are the same size (here is a pic)

| Attachment filename: ba_veggieshin.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/298618|

saam - One Wheel Short of a Bike

Life is only as fun as you make it

84/603 UO NKS rating

(add me)
saam's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9168

Old April 13th 05, 12:09 PM
mango

take it back? one is smaller than the other....that sounds like good
enough grounds to get a replacement pair from the shop.

buena suerte

--
mango - unity - as 1 stand together

*I never post drunk but I always post stupid. *-harper
mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

Old April 14th 05, 08:18 AM
GizmoDuck

TonyMelton wrote:
* As I posted earlier these are really only cosmetic leg protection
when it comes to unicycling, IMHO. I'd swap 'em for the similar Comp
Shins 661 armour, which are Neoprene with hard plastic shells sewn in.
*

Cosmetic? I suppose stopping your legs from being banged/scratched to
bits qualifies

I think one of Saams legs is probably bigger than the other. He should
bring it back and ask for a refund. Saam, if you don't have any luck
with your parents, you could try not walking on that leg for about 2
weeks, and just hopping on the other leg, which should have the same
effect of debulking the muscle in the big leg.

--
GizmoDuck - NZUNI

o-kO
'www.adventureunicyclist.com' (http://www.adventureunicyclist.com/)

Old April 14th 05, 02:37 PM
bombsquad

TonyMelton wrote:
* As I posted earlier these are really only cosmetic leg protection
when it comes to unicycling, IMHO. *

I can vouch for the veggie shin wraps being great protection. I have
about 5 decent sized scars on my left shin from before I got the 661's.
Since getting them, I have whacked myself pretty damn good and haven't
even gotten a scratch... Worth the money in my humble opinion.

--
bombsquad - "Initial success or total failure"

How much you wanna bet I can throw a football over them mountains?

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and
degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing
is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is
willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal
safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless
made so and kept so by the exertions of better men then himself."
-John Stuart Mill (1806-1873)
bombsquad's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8880

Old April 14th 05, 09:20 PM
Seager

saam wrote:
*and is really tight (no matter which leg it is on). *

It's not from asymmetrical legs.

--
Seager - that one guy who does that stuff

'Team RoadShow' (http://www.teamroadshow.com)
Seager's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8840

Old April 15th 05, 01:00 AM
TonyMelton

As I posted in another recent thread about 661 veggie shins:

I've worn both Roaches (similar to, but better than 4x4s) and Veggie
shins. I've worn my veggies a grand total of 4 times. In my opinion
these are little more than cosmetic leg armour for unicycling purposes.
I tried some unispins with veggies on and got an enormous bruise through
them when I missed and the pedal hit my shin. I can still feel two
permanent bumps on my shin. And these were caused by freestyle pedals.
I'd hate to think what damage a good hit from a metal pedal with pins
would do.

Roaches or 4x4s offer much better protection. Go for them if you value
your shins! If you prefer the Neoprene type of leg armour Lizard Skins
or the 661 Comp Shins offer better protection by virture of their
plastic reinforcing.

--
TonyMelton - Head in the clouds

2005 Auckland Muni and Trials Weekend on April 23 to 25 in Auckland. Be
there! 'Muni weekend information and registration'
(http://tinyurl.com/4fagw)
TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118

Old August 31st 05, 12:27 AM
caw89

Bump! I got a paor and theyre both a lil small, a lil too tight, there
sizing charts were a lil wrong...so doesn anyone know how to stretch em,
like soak em in water or something???

--
caw89 - Dont F*ck with the Chuck

'Cody's Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Codys-Gallery)

'sixsixone' (http://sixsixone.com/)

AIM: unicaw89
caw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8228

Old August 31st 05, 08:55 AM
saam

mine have stretched out a bit over the last couple months. the smaller
one is just a tiny bit harder to do up but once they are on they feel
the same.
so my advice to caw89 is if you can live with it, they will stretch over
time but if they are too small exchange them

sam

--
saam - Half the Bike, Twice the Fun

Old August 31st 05, 08:59 AM
caw89

Well I dont think i can exchange them because they didnt send my other
things i ordered as well so they didnt charge me...yet....so il just
wear them adn hope they stretch.....

Old August 31st 05, 02:38 PM
hecklar

Where do you find these '661 Comp Shins'? I looked on the website, but
couldn't find them.

And the Lizard Skins aren't available in Canada, or even N. America, are
they?

Edit: Forget about the 661 Comp Shins. I Googled and found them. I'm
not interested in hard-shelled leg armour, so they're out. Still
interested in the Lizards though.

--
hecklar - Street Rider (Level 4)
hecklar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6917