OK I admit I am a wimp.

Old June 11th 05, 10:34 PM
Maggie

Default OK I admit I am a wimp.

Today I woke up at 5:00 a.m. I had to drive my daughter to the
airport. I had two hours before I had to leave. So I thought to
myself...

"Self, ride your bike before it becomes hot, humid, hot, and more hot."

I imagine at 5:00 a.m. it was cooler than it is right now. Right now I
am sweltering. I want to be a child again and run through the sprinkers
bare ass.

Anyway, aside from that, I had a miserable ride, even at 5:00 a.m. I
am an official wuss. I am not making excuses for myself, it was hot, I
was not "cool and Sultry"....I was sweaty and dying.

The dreaded hill did me in. I sat on the curb for awhile. Found a
sprinkler, rode through it and then trudged on home just in time to get
my daughter to the airport.

I don't know how some of your endure riding in this humidity. My
doctor told me I was healthy and I have lost weight, but I am not in
any condition to ride in this weather.

It's just not fun.

What is the point if I am not having fun? It was supposed to be fun,
and it was for a time. I know I am whining, but that's my job. ;-)

My daughter is now in Chicago until Tuesday. I hope its cooler out
there. It can't be worse than Jersey. I think the pollution is a
major thing around this area. I guess that is why we have pollutions
alerts along with the weather every morning.

I looked up my county and it said the following: "Your county ranked
among the dirtiest/worst 20% of all counties in the U.S. in terms of
air releases of recognized reproductive toxicants."

Maybe I should consider moving.

Maggie

Old June 11th 05, 10:40 PM
Rich

Maggie wrote:

My
doctor told me I was healthy and I have lost weight, but I am not in
any condition to ride in this weather.

What is the point if I am not having fun?

Maybe it keeps you healthy and helps you lose weight.

I looked up my county and it said the following: "Your county ranked
among the dirtiest/worst 20% of all counties in the U.S. in terms of
air releases of recognized reproductive toxicants."

And it creates no pollution.

Rich
Old June 11th 05, 10:58 PM
Will

Maggie wrote:

Anyway, aside from that, I had a miserable ride, even at 5:00 a.m. I
am an official wuss. I am not making excuses for myself, it was hot, I
was not "cool and Sultry"....I was sweaty and dying.

Well no... you were sweaty and living and had just done a remarkable
thing, you got on the bike at 5 am. If you keep doing that you will
lose more weight, sweat less and eventually (Believe it) actually enjoy
the experience.

Beginning are always hard. It gets harder when your perspective is "It
will take 18 months to get into decent cycling shape." But that is a
realistic timeframe. There will come a time when you laugh going up
that hill. (Believe it). My wife is trying to get her girl friends to
cycle. They are always going on about how fit she is then they get in
their cars to go do the gym.

It gets done one ride at a time.

Old June 12th 05, 01:11 AM
Tom Keats

In article .com,
"Maggie" writes:

Found a
sprinkler, rode through it

I /luvs/ doing that on hot days! Wheeeee!

{\sigh_of_refreshed_relief
Aaahhhhhhh.
}

Maybe I should consider moving.

Just do the Connect The Dots thing, riding through
sprinkler after sprinkler.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old June 12th 05, 01:14 AM
Mark D

Maggie, IMO, I feel you should be applauded, and commended for trudging
out at 5am to ride. Heck, generally at that time of the morning, all I'm
hoping to do, is get a couple of cups of coffee down my throat, and get
both eyes open! lol

Everyone has good, and bad days, and also we have days in which the mind
is elsewhere, the rides are boring to say the least, and our minds, and
hearts are just not with it.

Stick with it. You should be very proud of yourself. I think others
will agree with me here.

You'll definitely get back what you put in. It's just that some days,
it sure doesn't feel like it!
I'm sure you're beginning to feel like some of here, that when you don't
ride, you'll have "guilty feelings". I know I do. Mark

Old June 12th 05, 01:15 AM
jj

On 11 Jun 2005 14:34:44 -0700, "Maggie" wrote:

Today I woke up at 5:00 a.m. I had to drive my daughter to the
airport. I had two hours before I had to leave. So I thought to
myself...

"Self, ride your bike before it becomes hot, humid, hot, and more hot."

I imagine at 5:00 a.m. it was cooler than it is right now. Right now I
am sweltering. I want to be a child again and run through the sprinkers
bare ass.

Anyway, aside from that, I had a miserable ride, even at 5:00 a.m. I
am an official wuss. I am not making excuses for myself, it was hot, I
was not "cool and Sultry"....I was sweaty and dying.

The dreaded hill did me in. I sat on the curb for awhile. Found a
sprinkler, rode through it and then trudged on home just in time to get
my daughter to the airport.

Way to go kid. Keep it up.

Best,

jj

Old June 12th 05, 01:16 AM
Mark D

BTW Maggie, Where exactly are you located? Sorry if I haven't caught
this before in your earlier posts. Mark

Old June 12th 05, 01:23 AM
Colorado Bicycler

You aren't a wimp - you are a "wimpess!"

Don't be discouraged, you may even learn to enjoy coughing your way
through a morning ride in the Jersey "air."

Put some of that air in a peanut butter jar and ship it my way so I can
share the essence of your "wimpness."

Old June 12th 05, 01:37 AM
Bill Sornson

Mark D wrote:
BTW Maggie, Where exactly are you located? Sorry if I haven't caught
this before in your earlier posts. Mark

Forget it, Mark. She doesn't run bare-assed through sprinklers
/nowadays/...

Old June 12th 05, 04:05 AM
Paul Turner

Maggie wrote:

My daughter is now in Chicago until Tuesday. I hope its cooler out
there. It can't be worse than Jersey.

Sorry. At 10:00 p.m. it's still close to 80 degrees here in Chicago. It's
been hot and humid with occasional thunderstorms for a week and it isn't
supposed to get any better before Wednesday.

--
Paul Turner