Female mtn bike Xmas gift ideas?

Old November 16th 03, 03:50 AM
Destroy

Default Female mtn bike Xmas gift ideas?

Its getting to that time of year again.

I'm looking to get the gf some gear. She always complains that women
bikers tend to look like guys when they don the usual jerseys, helmet
and shorts.

Any mtn bike clothes out there that makes a definite female statement
when worn? ...besides a G string bikini...heh.

I did see a pic of some women in a mini skirt with short legged riding
shorts underneath and that was kind of cool.

Also I remember some mag showing a woman racer with lace sleeves on a
jersey.

Anyone know where I can buy some stuff like this for the gf?

thanks

Old November 16th 03, 04:33 AM
John Morgan

Any mtn bike clothes out there that makes a definite female statement
when worn? ...besides a G string bikini...heh.

Try Castelli for women or Shebeest.

-John Morgan

Old November 16th 03, 04:38 AM
Anthony Sloan

Destroy wrote:
Its getting to that time of year again.

I'm looking to get the gf some gear. She always complains that women
bikers tend to look like guys when they don the usual jerseys, helmet
and shorts.

Any mtn bike clothes out there that makes a definite female statement
when worn? ...besides a G string bikini...heh.

I did see a pic of some women in a mini skirt with short legged riding
shorts underneath and that was kind of cool.

Also I remember some mag showing a woman racer with lace sleeves on a
jersey.

Anyone know where I can buy some stuff like this for the gf?

thanks

Mini skirt thingy = Skort, from Terry.

Aside from things skort, this, I think, is a good goal:

http://gallery.consumerreview.com/we...es/sshoney.jpg

Old November 16th 03, 06:10 AM
Paladin

Destroy wrote in message ...
Its getting to that time of year again.

I'm looking to get the gf some gear. She always complains that women
bikers tend to look like guys when they don the usual jerseys, helmet
and shorts.

Any mtn bike clothes out there that makes a definite female statement
when worn? ...besides a G string bikini...heh.

I did see a pic of some women in a mini skirt with short legged riding
shorts underneath and that was kind of cool.

Also I remember some mag showing a woman racer with lace sleeves on a
jersey.

Anyone know where I can buy some stuff like this for the gf?

thanks

One spot to consider is the Terry company. I've dealt with them, and
they're terrific. Good customer service, back up their warranties,
etc.

Some ideas are feminine-designed baggies, because not every woman
wants her derrier the object of so much fascination by fellow male
riders. Smaller full-fingered gloves, warm base layers of polypro,
capilene or such, since women tend to run colder than men. Look at
custom-made stuff by Penny from the ng; there are lots of options.

Paladin
Old November 16th 03, 03:52 PM
Kathleen

Anthony Sloan wrote:

Destroy wrote:

Its getting to that time of year again.

I'm looking to get the gf some gear. She always complains that women
bikers tend to look like guys when they don the usual jerseys, helmet
and shorts.

Any mtn bike clothes out there that makes a definite female statement
when worn? ...besides a G string bikini...heh.

I did see a pic of some women in a mini skirt with short legged riding
shorts underneath and that was kind of cool.

Also I remember some mag showing a woman racer with lace sleeves on a
jersey.

Anyone know where I can buy some stuff like this for the gf?

thanks

Mini skirt thingy = Skort, from Terry.

I own three of Terry's skorts. Mostly I use them for running flyball
with my dogs, riding my recumbent bike and general around-town wear.
For those purposes, they can't be beat. Nice flattering look with full
coverage even in high winds and awkward squatting and kneeling positions.

I've only worn a skort mountain biking once. I disliked the tendency of
the over-skirt to flap in the wind, it tended to grap and bind after I
got thoroughly sweaty and worst of all, it wanted to hang up on the nose
of the saddle. Plus, I felt just plain silly riding in a skirt. I would
not recommend a skort for technical off-road riding.

Aside from things skort, this, I think, is a good goal:

http://gallery.consumerreview.com/we...es/sshoney.jpg

What the hell are those things in front of her knees?

Kathleen

Old November 16th 03, 03:55 PM
Sorni

"Kathleen" wrote in message

http://gallery.consumerreview.com/we...es/sshoney.jpg

What the hell are those things in front of her knees?

Whipped cream bows.

Bill " " S.

Old November 16th 03, 03:55 PM
Stephen Baker

Kathleen asks:

What the hell are those things in front of her knees?

They would be cutesy little bows, K. I guess they are a handicap device (more
wind resistance). ;-)

Steve
Old November 16th 03, 04:11 PM
Penny S

Destroy's cat walked across a keyboard and came up with this:
Its getting to that time of year again.

I'm looking to get the gf some gear. She always complains that women
bikers tend to look like guys when they don the usual jerseys, helmet
and shorts.

Any mtn bike clothes out there that makes a definite female statement
when worn? ...besides a G string bikini...heh.

I did see a pic of some women in a mini skirt with short legged riding
shorts underneath and that was kind of cool.

Also I remember some mag showing a woman racer with lace sleeves on a
jersey.

Anyone know where I can buy some stuff like this for the gf?

thanks

Personally I wouldn't be caught dead mountain biking in a "skort" but that's
just me. www.teamestrogen.com has female only bike gear, a full selection
not just one brand. They also have saddles, and all sorts of other female
specific items.
Most of the catalogs (performance, nashbar) have some sort of selection of
women's gear, just look for the section. I'd caution on the baggies
suggestions, a gift certificate might be better for those - For me at least
I've tried on about 7 different pairs and have yet to find one that I like
the fit of. What about some nice sterling bike jewelry?

A nice touch might be a jersey with some coordinating socks.
http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/jersey3.jpg I now even have a
helmet to match, look out!!

Penny

Old November 16th 03, 09:16 PM
Kathleen

Sorni wrote:
"Kathleen" wrote in message

http://gallery.consumerreview.com/we...es/sshoney.jpg

What the hell are those things in front of her knees?

Whipped cream bows.

No, I think she's blown out her knees. That's whipped sinovial fluid
leaking out.

Kathleen

Old November 16th 03, 09:38 PM
MPD Blue

Kathleen wrote:
No, I think she's blown out her knees.

butthead
huh....huh...., huh..huh...huh
she said : "Blown"....."Knees"
huh....huh...., huh..huh...huh
/butthead

--
John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg

Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price General 0 June 1st 04 04:52 AM
Bar end shifters for touring bike ? jacques General 61 December 7th 03 01:01 AM
New Bikkel Bike - Teething Problems Elisa Francesca Roselli General 19 December 6th 03 04:18 AM
my new bike Marian Rosenberg General 5 October 19th 03 03:00 PM
My bike has been stolen today:( jazu Mountain Biking 41 October 11th 03 12:13 AM