Ooh that sounds exciting..

Old May 26th 06, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Ooh that sounds exciting..

Following the giro on the cyclingnews.com live feed.. Feel the lactic
acid, experience the exitement in 1 sentence per minute commentary..

Looks like the TV will be entertaining tonight - shame I can't get it.

...d

Old May 26th 06, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Upon the miasma of midnight, a darkling spirit identified as David
Martin gently breathed:
Following the giro on the cyclingnews.com live feed..

'Scuse the interuption, but what is "giro" in this context? I assume
it's nothing to do with DSS benefit cheques, or autogyro aircraft, which
are the only places I've ever encountered the term.

--
- DJ Pyromancer, The Sunday Goth Social, Leeds. http://www.sheepish.net

Broadband, Dialup, Domains = http://www.wytches.net = The UK's Pagan ISP!
http://www.inkubus-sukkubus.co.uk http://www.revival.stormshadow.com
Old May 26th 06, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Pyromancer wrote:
Upon the miasma of midnight, a darkling spirit identified as David
Martin gently breathed:
Following the giro on the cyclingnews.com live feed..

'Scuse the interuption, but what is "giro" in this context? I assume
it's nothing to do with DSS benefit cheques, or autogyro aircraft, which
are the only places I've ever encountered the term.

The Giro d'Italia, or tour of Italy. One of the big bike races of the
world. It's on at the moment, but doesn't get much coverage on
mainstream media. Its been pretty good this year. Thanks to the French,
Italians and Spanish having different names for tour in their language
you get the Tour, Giro and Vuelta respectively.

--

JimP

"We don't have a plan, so nothing can go wrong" - Spike Milligan.
Old May 26th 06, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Fri, 26 May 2006 19:56:47 +0100, Pyromancer
wrote:

'Scuse the interuption, but what is "giro" in this context?

The Giro d'Italia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giro_D%27Italia

"Bob"