Female Cyclist Assaulted

Old May 21st 07, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Female Cyclist Assaulted

http://tinyurl.com/24ofto

Old May 21st 07, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc Brett

On 21 May 2007 02:57:41 -0700, "
wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/24ofto

In Glasgow, no less! Skelped by a belt, probably...

Here's the real URL:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/6676223.stm

Old May 21st 07, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 21 May, 11:14, Marc Brett wrote:
On 21 May 2007 02:57:41 -0700, "

wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/24ofto

In Glasgow, no less! Skelped by a belt, probably...

Here's the real URL:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/6676223.stm

Happened to me only a few weeks ago too! As I've said, I am 5ft 1 and
look like a young girl when in my kit. Sick idiot came and kicked me
for not using the poor excuse for a cycle track.

Old May 21st 07, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Brooke

in message .com,

wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/24ofto

In Glasgow, no less! Skelped by a belt, probably...

Here's the real
URL:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/6676223.stm

Happened to me only a few weeks ago too! As I've said, I am 5ft 1 and
look like a young girl when in my kit. Sick idiot came and kicked me
for not using the poor excuse for a cycle track.

Is there any followup to that story? Have the police caught anyone?

;; IE 3 is dead, but Netscape 4 still shambles about the earth,
;; wreaking a horrific vengeance upon the living
;; anonymous
Old May 21st 07, 02:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Is there any followup to that story? Have the police caught anyone?

--

Well, I had to look for images that looked like the car and they have
circulated those around the local police. Got the standard letter with

Old May 21st 07, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
iarocu

On 21 May, 11:14, Marc Brett wrote:
On 21 May 2007 02:57:41 -0700, "

Here's the real URL:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/6676223.stm

I used to commute through that bit of Glasgow (Cadder) around that
time of night. It always felt like a good idea to move through at a
smart pace so that by the time any of the local neds saw me I was
past. Three teenagers once tried to block the canal bank near there to
stop me. I've no idea their motive and didn't wait to find out. I
accelerated through the gap and brushed past them and away.
That said I think unprovoked attacks on cyclists like this in Glasgow
are very rare. Hopefully this guy will be caught.

Iain

Old May 21st 07, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Adrian Boliston

wrote in message
ups.com...

Well, I had to look for images that looked like the car and they have
circulated those around the local police. Got the standard letter with
the crime number etc.. All a case of waiting now. No further kicks
since then.

You got *kicked* by someone driving a car? I have heard of someone getting
*punched* by the passenger of a vehicle while cycling but not kicked!

Old May 21st 07, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ambrose Nankivell

Adrian Boliston wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Well, I had to look for images that looked like the car and they have
circulated those around the local police. Got the standard letter with
the crime number etc.. All a case of waiting now. No further kicks
since then.

You got *kicked* by someone driving a car? I have heard of someone getting
*punched* by the passenger of a vehicle while cycling but not kicked!

Well, no, the driver got out and kicked her. The scumbag.

Or as the media would report it, a cyclist was in a kicking with a car.
Old May 21st 07, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 21 May, 18:29, iarocu wrote:
On 21 May, 11:14, Marc Brett wrote:

On 21 May 2007 02:57:41 -0700, "

Here's the real URL:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/6676223.stm

I used to commute through that bit of Glasgow (Cadder) around that
time of night. It always felt like a good idea to move through at a
smart pace so that by the time any of the local neds saw me I was
past. Three teenagers once tried to block the canal bank near there to
stop me. I've no idea their motive and didn't wait to find out. I
accelerated through the gap and brushed past them and away.
That said I think unprovoked attacks on cyclists like this in Glasgow
are very rare. Hopefully this guy will be caught.

They were rare a few years ago, but they have certainly intensified
over the last few months in terms of severity. I ain't been out on the
bike for a few weeks now. It really is getting worse out there for us
cyclists.