Police cruiser kills bicyclist

Old March 11th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

Default Police cruiser kills bicyclist

In article ,
wrote:

# On a good weekend, thousands of cyclists cruise the winding road
# leading to Stevens Creek Reservoir, said cyclist Steve Paterson, 49,
# of Cupertino, as he was turned away from a road block near Ricardo
# Road set up because of the crash.

# "There are so many rides up here," he said. "Club rides, sponsored
# rides, groups of friends."

# It's unclear whether the cyclists involved in the crash were riding
# as part of larger group, Morrissey said.

# Local cyclists noted that riders in large groups will sometimes ride
# two-abreast. The practice is not illegal but can be extremely
# dangerous on narrow, winding roads with a large amount of traffic.

# It was unclear if the cyclists involved in this crash were doing so,
# Thibodeau said. But cyclists said they've seen dangerous behavior
# from those on both two-wheels and four.

# "I've seen bicyclists who ride crazy," Paterson said. "And I've seen
# cars that go too fast."

This is so unnecessary and so out of place that it
qualifies as lying, and pandering to bigotry and hate.

--
Michael Press
Old March 11th 08, 03:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
wrote:

[...]

The above response contains so many indefinite references I have no clue
to what Michael Press is talking about.

Old March 12th 08, 04:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

In article ,
Tom Sherman wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
wrote:

[...]

The editor who put those paragraphs in the story meant for
people who read the story to go away with the conviction
that the bicyclists were engaged in reckless, crazy behavior.

--
Michael Press