Wheel Set: Spinergy Xaero Lite

Old March 8th 04, 11:35 PM
Scott Ghiz

Default Wheel Set: Spinergy Xaero Lite

Anyone have good or bad experiences with these? I'm a recreational
rider and don't plan to race. I basically got a deal I couldn't
refuse and purchased them. I also got a set of replacement spokes.
I've ridden almost 1000 miles on the with problems yet... keeping
fingers crossed.

Thanks.

SG
Old March 9th 04, 06:49 PM
Cat Dailey

"Scott Ghiz" wrote in message
om...
Anyone have good or bad experiences with these? I'm a recreational
rider and don't plan to race. I basically got a deal I couldn't
refuse and purchased them. I also got a set of replacement spokes.
I've ridden almost 1000 miles on the with problems yet... keeping
fingers crossed.

Thanks.

SG

I have a set of these that I got because we had an older set of carbon
spinergys that had to be sent back. In a word, spinergy sucks. The xaero
lites have a weird dust seal in the rear hub that sometimes binds up,
preventing the rear hub from freewheeling. Before you have this problem as
I did (with scary results), you may want to remove the seal (Spinergy's
recommendation to my LBS...they actually told the LBS to do it or I wouldn't
get my wheel back for WEEKS). Spinergy's customer service sucks even
worse. They actually LOST one of my husband's wheels a few years ago and it
took forever to get a replacement, their turn around time for warranty is
abysmal, and they are completely unresponsive to emails. My wheels shipped
with 2 different skewers and I was completely unable to get anyone to
respond to my request that I get two matching ones (this type of crap just
burns me up). I have put about 5000 miles on them since the little seal
problem with no other problems surfacing (thank goodness). Also, note that
if they need truing, you have to remove tire/tube and rim strip (p*i*t*a),
and use a nut driver from the inside of the rim. Not too handy if anything
should happen on the road. For that reason, I do not use them on trips. I
had Vecchio's build me a lovely set of Record hubs/Ambrosio rims, and a
great lacing pattern. I will probably just burn up this set of Spinergys in
training and never buy another.

Cat who hates to be the bearer of bad news ;