[650B] Pari-Moto tire; Nous vous souhaitons adieu or buyers needed!

Old August 31st 09, 11:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
bfd

Default [650B] Pari-Moto tire; Nous vous souhaitons adieu or buyers needed!

From the 650B list:

Kirk Pacenti writes:

"I would like to take a moment to thank all those who have supported
the Pari-Moto tire project by placing orders in advance.
Unfortunately, we have not received the necessary number of orders to
meet our sales goal. I am afraid that it is time to pull the plug on
this project. I will keep the designs on file; perhaps we can pursue
this project again sometime down the road.

As you know, I have not processed any credit card payments or cashed
any checks. I wanted to be sure the project would happen before taking
anyone's money. I am willing to wait until the end of this week
(Friday, September 4th) to officially cancel the project just in case
this email produces a flood of orders. However, if we have not doubled
the current orders by Saturday morning, I will be deleting all on line
orders and shredding all checks.

Again, I thank all those who supported my efforts; I greatly
appreciate it"

At $118/pair plus $12 shipping, this prototype tire is definitely not
cheap. However, it is expected to be "a high performance, 650x38b tire
with a light, supple casing and fine file tread pattern. This tire is
sure to be lighter, faster and smoother rolling than any other 650x38b
tire currently available."

For those interested learning more and perhaps invest in this new
*fast* 584x38 tire, go he

http://www.bikelugs.com/store/index....&intItemID=137
Old September 1st 09, 04:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

The challenge of operating without enough capitalization. A mediocre
idea back by adequate capital is more likely to make it into the
marketplace and be successful than a great idea without adequate capital.
Old September 1st 09, 05:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Norman

On Aug 31, 6:35*pm, bfd wrote:
From the 650B list:

.. . .
I am willing to wait until the end of this week
(Friday, September 4th) to officially cancel the project just in case
this email produces a flood of orders. However, if we have not doubled
the current orders by Saturday morning, I will be deleting all on line
orders and shredding all checks.

Again, I thank all those who supported my efforts; I greatly
appreciate it"

At $118/pair plus $12 shipping, this prototype tire is definitely not
cheap. However, it is expected to be "a high performance, 650x38b tire
with a light, supple casing and fine file tread pattern. This tire is
sure to be lighter, faster and smoother rolling than any other 650x38b
tire currently available."

Ah, let me rush out forthwith and buy some rims and spokes
(and maybe hubs: I have a few, but who knows?) so I can buy
some $60 tires!

650_B_?!

You know what? No. If you atavastic chumps had jumped on
the 650_A_ bandwagon when you had the chance, I might be
pushing some shoring under your creaky old beams, but as
it stands, y'all can go Pacenti yourselfs in a dark place (You
are likely to be eaten by a Grue.).
Old September 1st 09, 11:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ozark Bicycle

On Aug 31, 11:52 pm, Norman wrote:
On Aug 31, 6:35 pm, bfd wrote:

From the 650B list:

. . .
[...]

The "650B Movement" is in it's death throes. Why am I not surprised?

(A bit of smirking is permitted........)

650B - expanding tire selection? Michael Baldwin Techniques 14 November 17th 07 10:27 PM
A REALLY wide tire bike for the 650B crowd Solvang Cyclist Techniques 16 December 21st 06 05:24 AM
Road camber effect and tire choice - DMR Moto Digger andy Unicycling 1 February 27th 06 03:03 PM
Adieu, Dan B. Lafferty Racing 78 December 7th 05 05:20 PM
Adieu Specialized? Chris Zacho The Wheelman General 4 February 24th 04 01:10 PM