Sheep and the peloton: which way will they break?

Old September 17th 10, 12:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.rides
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Sheep and the peloton: which way will they break?

Sheep and the peloton: which way will they break?

thirty-six explains:

Depends on which way they perceive to be the centre of the flock.
Generally they will go in the direction they are facing unless it's
downhill, in which case be prepared for them to double back despite
their position and spread. You really can't be sure until there has
been a concensious of opinion and all are moving the same direction.
There are certainly more dominant animals, if not exactly a pack
leader, and it is probably the movement of the dominant which directs
the undecided.

Old September 17th 10, 09:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.rides
drmofe

On Sep 17, 11:35*am, Andre Jute wrote:
Sheep and the peloton: which way will they break?

Sheep run faster from a peloton in New Zealand.

Old September 17th 10, 03:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.rides
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Sep 17, 9:03*am, drmofe wrote:
On Sep 17, 11:35*am, Andre Jute wrote:

Sheep and the peloton: which way will they break?

Sheep run faster from a peloton in New Zealand.

I grew up in South Africa, where rugby is compulsory. I know precisely
what you mean. In their good years, the NZ team was the only one
mightier than the home team. -- AJ
Old September 17th 10, 04:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.rides
Edward Dolan

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
On Sep 17, 9:03 am, drmofe wrote:
On Sep 17, 11:35 am, Andre Jute wrote:

Sheep and the peloton: which way will they break?

Sheep run faster from a peloton in New Zealand.

I grew up in South Africa, where rugby is compulsory. I know precisely

what you mean. In their good years, the NZ team was the only one
mightier than the home team. -- AJ

No one gives a **** about rugby. When are you going to get real?

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota