Asian Women Drivers

Old December 7th 16, 03:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Asian Women Drivers

I have absolutely NO idea of what Asian women are such bad drivers. But almost all close calls I have are from Asian women.

Yesterday really takes the cake. I took my brother to his eye doctor. And EXTREMELY competent Asian/American man. My brother's eye is simply not healing from it's surgery and this man put an addition ligature into the still open cut in his eyeball with a needle the size of a hair and without any sort of hand rest.

Then upon leaving, my car was parked directly across a small side street. There was an entire string of cars waiting at a stop sign at the corner and on up the block for perhaps 8 or 10 cars. We were walking across and the Asian woman whose car was up-hill and to the right of me was apparently looking at her iPhone and as I walked in front of her out of her peripheral vision I must have blocked off her view of the brake lights of the car in front of her. So without taking her eyes off of her phone she took her foot off of the brake and rolled right into me.

With all of my experience crashing I rolled up over her hood rather than planting my legs to get broken and got away unhurt with her begging - "It was an accident". I just told her to look before driving.

It isn't as if Asian women are stupid. Some of them that I worked with were brilliant. But how does this translate to some of the worst drivers I've ever seen?
Old December 7th 16, 03:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 12/7/2016 10:35 AM, wrote:
[...]

I'm a bit reluctant to offer corroboration, but:

We don't have a large Asian* population here. But about a month ago,
riding my bike to the hardware store, I entered the large parking lot.
It was sort of a chute arrangement before the lot opened up wide, with a
curb to my right. Visualize a section of driveway with a curb on each side.

There was a car creeping slowly toward me, driven by an elderly Asian*
woman, hunched forward peering over the steering wheel. The car was
within about four feet of her LEFT curb, i.e. my right curb. She passed
about a foot from my left handlebar.

*To be clear: Judging by her features, her ancestry was not from those
parts of Asia like Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Iran, Kuwait,
Lebanon, etc. She seemed to be from, you know, further east. But I
know I'm not allowed to specify.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old December 7th 16, 05:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

https://www.google.com/search?site=i...tionality+race

Old December 7th 16, 07:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 9:06:50 AM UTC-8, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
https://www.google.com/search?site=i...tionality+race

Haha love the title of the graph "By Age, Gender, and Hispanic"
Old December 7th 16, 08:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 7:35:25 AM UTC-8, wrote:
[...]

Wes - when someone makes false assertions on no other grounds than from an extremely juvenile understanding of human nature, an ingrown hatred of religion and a clear desire to damage the reputation of anyone and anything that is a member of the "establishment" then you should be called names.

Tom, your criticisms seem to be self-descriptive here. But that's OK we're all human. See Carlos Mencia starting at 1:30 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esKwU3BrUfM for a hilarious commentary regarding this automotive kryptonite phenomenon.

Doug

Old December 7th 16, 10:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 9:06:50 AM UTC-8, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
https://www.google.com/search?site=i...tionality+race

Which one of those charts described the driving of women Asians around bicycles?
Old December 7th 16, 11:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 11:47:29 AM UTC-8, sms wrote:
On 12/7/2016 10:05 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per :
I have absolutely NO idea of what Asian women are such bad drivers.

I don't think it's Asians vs non-Asians.

Instead, I think it's people from non-driving cultures vs everybody
else.

Living in Hawaii for almost 10 years, I saw a lot of that.

The one that sticks in my mind was a 1957 Chevy station wagon full of
Samoans who had obviously been drinking. Everybody in the vehicle was
laughing their butts off - including the lady at the wheel... as she
chased a terrified middle-aged male tourist through a back street of
Waikiki, driving half-on-half-off the sidewalk when necessary.

We grow up with certain norms imprinted on us at a very early age....
without that imprinting, adults act a lot differently behind the wheel.

When I took Mandarin classes the teacher, for some reason, decided to
explain the whole driving issue. The theory, which makes sense, is close
to what you say. It's people that don't learn to drive as teens, and
instead learn as adults, and that lack a lot of experience, that is the
real issue. It has nothing to do with race at all.

That may be it. But I find that Asian men get the hottest car possible and drive like absolute maniacs in heavy traffic (though they seldom wreck - one explanation could be that they are so obviously crazy that everyone is ready for their stupid driving).

I find that Asian women do all sorts of absolute stupid things as well but in the opposite direction. They will sllllloooooowwwwwly pull out of a driveway, across a sidewalk without looking, across the parking lane and then across the bike lane when you are 25 feet from them. Then they will stop. So you have to be aware ALL the time of any traffic behind you so that you can pull out and around them. The next time you see them they will do EXACTLY the same thing.

On the other hand - Indians come from a mostly non-driving culture and they drive perfectly fine. Perhaps this is because the ones that are here did learn driving coming from highly educated and relatively rich families.
Old December 7th 16, 11:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 5:55:23 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 9:06:50 AM UTC-8, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
https://www.google.com/search?site=i...tionality+race

Which one of those charts described the driving of women Asians around bicycles?

my time is limited, not reading your fascist attempt to coordinate discussion is optimal. if there's a chart, read it. you're too fast for knowing the CF.

Can Women Build Big Muscles? Why Women Cant Build Big Muscles Easily [email protected] UK 0 February 16th 08 09:41 PM
Women Drivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dannyfrankszzz UK 38 November 19th 04 04:26 PM
Women in SF TritonRider Racing 22 September 13th 04 11:55 PM
New Article on Asian Castings Michael J. Klein Techniques 2 June 6th 04 06:05 AM