No reason an economist shouldn't be witty

Old January 6th 19, 10:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default No reason an economist shouldn't be witty

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 4:26:18 AM UTC, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 9:08:05 PM UTC-5, jbeattie wrote:
On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 5:57:25 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 7:59:25 PM UTC, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 1:42:16 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Friday, January 4, 2019 at 2:42:34 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
Worth watching not only for the sensible economics but for the cracks in the questions afterwards about the American nastiness of insulting half the populace that they voted for Putin's candidate:
Yanis Varoufakis | The Euro Has Never Been More Problematic | Oxford Union
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhSg9X3q2gc

For those who don't know, besides being an economist, Yanis Varoufakis is a famous Greek motorcyclist.

Andre Jute
Common sense

The actions of the Democrats have been vaguely familiar from my grade or jr. high. I remember a teacher going on about a group that were extremely anti-American and pro-world power. These people founded the UN and the EU later.

They were called Technocrats and he thought of them as a threat to America. Since he had served in WW II we all listened with respect and the idea of him being a loon never occurred to us.

But every time I've been hearing the Democrats that has come back to me. The Technocrats belief was that the average man was not smart enough to take care of himself or this world. Sound familiar? Hearing that we were deplorables and lately 10 tooth yokels really rang that bell. So I went looking and here's what I discovered - it is the better part of an hour but I couldn't find it on YouTube which is also highly Technocrat.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...2E&FORM=V IRE

Why not take all this political crap to a POLITICAL Newsgroup or Forum?

Cheers
Are you suggesting, Ridealot, that cyclists are one-dimensional? If you are, some where will surely take offence.

By the way, your characterisation of this thread as "crap" is by definition trolling, once more supporting my belief that you're the biggest troll on RBT after the wretched Krygowski and Slow Johnny.

Could you possibly dispense with the dopey nicknames like "Slow Johnny" and "wretched Krygowski" -- or whatever epithet you have at any particular moment for Frank. Really, you're an adult. Fifth grade behavior should be reserved for fifth graders and presidents -- and not adults.

-- Jay Beattie.

Jute's remarks are indicative of classic Troll behaviour.

Cheers

Get a killfile, Rideablot. If you don't know how to operate it, ask and someone will tell you.

AJ
Old January 6th 19, 11:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 5:36:05 AM UTC, news18 wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jan 2019 17:57:23 -0800, Andre Jute wrote:

Andre Jute Troll Hunter

Wow, you're a troll doll collector now.

Not at all. I take the view that "a troll" is merely someone expressing a minority opinion two years before it becomes common currency among the same mob who called the prescient fellow a "troll" for disillusioning their smug certainties.

Andre Jute
Rage is the satanic impulse in man

Old January 6th 19, 01:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Sun, 06 Jan 2019 02:02:46 -0800, Andre Jute wrote:

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 5:36:05 AM UTC, news18 wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jan 2019 17:57:23 -0800, Andre Jute wrote:

Andre Jute Troll Hunter

Wow, you're a troll doll collector now.

Not at all. I take the view that "a troll" is merely someone expressing
a minority opinion two years before it becomes common currency among the
same mob who called the prescient fellow a "troll" for disillusioning
their smug certainties.

Tip; don't hold your breath. Your "currency" hasn't entered this group in
all the decades I've strolled by.

Andre Jute Rage is the satanic impulse in man

Mature children learn to control it.

Old January 6th 19, 03:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 1:55:00 AM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 2:08:05 AM UTC, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

No. Krygowsky richly deserves by his vicious bullying of me when I arrived here whatever I say about him. You have no standing: I didn't hear you complain when Krygowski hounded me. I offered Krygowski the same choice I offered Vogler, apologise or run, or you will not like how I repay your bullying. Vogler was smarter than Krygowski: he ran.

In any event, "wretched" in context, above, is an adjective describing Krygowski's condition, not a nickname. If it'll make you feel better, I'll be happy to substitute "execrable", though some may take that excrementally.

Really, you're an adult. Fifth grade behavior should be reserved for fifth graders and presidents -- and not adults.

I take attempts to enforce a speech code on me as efforts by the swamp to pull me down to their level and "control" me, a chimera that's driven many aspirants off their rockers. Anyway, why are you so certain I'm not about to run for nomination in 2020 by the Potty-Mouth Wing of the Democratic Party? I'll channel Mrs Luce's speech from the platform at the 1952 Republican Convention.

-- Jay Beattie.

As for Slow Johnny, being a fashion victim at 85 is unbecoming. But that opinionated little man is merely being rewarded for having a whole lot of opinions about me, which he feels free to express. I don't you see you blustering at him. He isn't worth my time to form more than one opinion about him, and I express it only when it is time to express it. If you're bored with my single opinion about Slow Johnny, waste your own time observing the dull fellow and let me have a precis of significant characteristics you discover, if any, and I'll vary the routine a bit.

Gotta be in bed so I can be rested to ride in the best part of the day.

Andre Jute
What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander

From Krygowski's behavior here it has always been pretty clear what sort of college teacher he was - a very bad one. The sort who would take any possible chance to belittle his students even to the point of using entirely inappropriate information or simply referring to points that were never made.
Old January 6th 19, 03:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 4:10:33 AM UTC-8, news18 wrote:
On Sun, 06 Jan 2019 02:02:46 -0800, Andre Jute wrote:

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 5:36:05 AM UTC, news18 wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jan 2019 17:57:23 -0800, Andre Jute wrote:

Andre Jute Troll Hunter

Wow, you're a troll doll collector now.

Not at all. I take the view that "a troll" is merely someone expressing
a minority opinion two years before it becomes common currency among the
same mob who called the prescient fellow a "troll" for disillusioning
their smug certainties.

Tip; don't hold your breath. Your "currency" hasn't entered this group in
all the decades I've strolled by.

Andre Jute Rage is the satanic impulse in man

Mature children learn to control it.

Excuse me? You are referring to YOURSELF as mature? You aren't even close to being an adult!
Old January 6th 19, 04:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 2:02:48 AM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 5:36:05 AM UTC, news18 wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jan 2019 17:57:23 -0800, Andre Jute wrote:

Andre Jute Troll Hunter

Wow, you're a troll doll collector now.

Not at all. I take the view that "a troll" is merely someone expressing a minority opinion two years before it becomes common currency among the same mob who called the prescient fellow a "troll" for disillusioning their smug certainties.

Or alternately, a troll is someone with a histrionic personality disorder, lacking in original thought and recycling ultra-conservative or opposition talking points to gain attention, usually with a flourish here and there just to point out his superior intellect. I think the APA is working on diagnosis of "troll disorder" or "infantile trollism" for DSM-6.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old January 6th 19, 04:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 10:31:58 AM UTC-5, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

From the Urban Dictionary:

"Top definition
Internet Troll
A person whose sole purpose in life is to seek out people to argue with on the internet over extremely trivial issues. Such arguments can happen on blogs, Facebook, Myspace and a host of others.
The best thing you can do to fight an internet troll is to not answer..or report them."

That describes Jute very well.

Cheers
Old January 6th 19, 04:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 1/6/2019 10:44 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

From the Urban Dictionary:

"Top definition
Internet Troll
A person whose sole purpose in life is to seek out people to argue with on the internet over extremely trivial issues. Such arguments can happen on blogs, Facebook, Myspace and a host of others.
The best thing you can do to fight an internet troll is to not answer..or report them."

That describes Jute very well.

I think the only person who disagrees is Tom. That in itself is telling.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old January 6th 19, 05:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 7:44:56 AM UTC-8, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

From the Urban Dictionary:

"Top definition
Internet Troll
A person whose sole purpose in life is to seek out people to argue with on the internet over extremely trivial issues. Such arguments can happen on blogs, Facebook, Myspace and a host of others.
The best thing you can do to fight an internet troll is to not answer..or report them."

That describes Jute very well.

Cheers

In fact this does not describe Jute whatsoever. It is a perfect description of Slocumb who is telling us about this country while living in another. Beatie who lives in one of the most leftist enclaves in the universe other than California and makes comments only in opposition to Jute and I such as his recent ridiculous claim that you become a member of the AAAS only to get a T-shirt and Krygowski who opposes Jute and I on nothing other than general principles no matter how wrong he is. In person the comments from any of these would gain them a broken nose and that is what they are here for - to say things they wouldn't dare say face-to-face.

You might want to observe your own postings as well. I don't know about the rest of the US but the California state debt is requiring taxes so high that companies that aren't leaving are being bankrupted. Bicycle sales are at an all-time low despite use of bicycles for transportation is at an all time high in California as the roads grow progressively more and more crowded while at the same time crumbling. The State Debt is more than half of the Gross State Product and is growing larger by the minute - the state is bankrupt in reality because of Democrat policies that are taken not to help one F-ing individual in this state other than their own elections. All of the metrics of California are either at the bottom or very near it. And this is what Trump is being assaulted with and the people here actually agree with it when they are supposed to be those intelligent enough to understand what these policies do. We have our own little Club of Rome followers.