performance brick and mortar adieu?

Old January 13th 19, 09:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
patrick[_2_]

Default performance brick and mortar adieu?

Many of the performance brick and mortar locations are going bye bye. If you are fortunate enough(??) to live near one (US), you might stock up on useful consumables. Over leveraged from the sound of the type on the demise. They didn't mention the e commerce side of things- likely to continue?
Regards, Pat
Old January 13th 19, 03:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

patrick wrote:
:Many of the performance brick and mortar locations are going bye bye. If you are fortunate enough(??) to live near one (US), you might stock up on useful consumables. Over leveraged from the sound of the type on the demise. They didn't mention the e commerce side of things- likely to continue?
: Regards, Pat

You have until tomorrow to bid on the assets of the parent company.
(which owns a bunch of bike brands, a distributor, and nashbar, as
well as performance.)

--
sig 27
Old January 13th 19, 08:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 1/13/2019 12:58 AM, patrick wrote:
Many of the performance brick and mortar locations are going bye bye. If you are fortunate enough(??) to live near one (US), you might stock up on useful consumables. Over leveraged from the sound of the type on the demise. They didn't mention the e commerce side of things- likely to continue?
Regards, Pat

Some good news for the LBSes which have been negatively affected by
Performance. I went there occasionally. Their big advantage was that
they had long hours so when the LBS was closed you could still go to
Performance. Now only REI is available for stuff when the LBS is closed.
Old January 15th 19, 03:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sunday, January 13, 2019 at 6:36:43 AM UTC-8, David Scheidt wrote:
patrick patm216...mail.com wrote:
:Many of the performance brick and mortar locations are going bye bye. If you are fortunate enough(??) to live near one (US), you might stock up on useful consumables. Over leveraged from the sound of the type on the demise. They didn't mention the e commerce side of things- likely to continue?
: Regards, Pat

You have until tomorrow to bid on the assets of the parent company.
(which owns a bunch of bike brands, a distributor, and nashbar, as
well as performance.)

--
sig 27

Oh, they own Nashbar? I always used to use them for my consumables..patch kits, tubes (not so much 27" tyres, had to search far and wide to get an interesting varitey), shifter/brake cables, straddle wires (what *is* the proper name for those?) and the like.
Oh well, I guess eBay will continue to be my friend. I still remember a pair of 27" Hutchinson tires (both spelling supported here) I once had...never found another set. Those were nice.

Anyway, Pureheart in Aptos
Old January 15th 19, 04:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Monday, January 14, 2019 at 6:44:36 PM UTC-8, wrote:
[...]

There is still time to get as many patches and tubes as you could ever need.. From the bankruptcy docket:

The Auction for the Assets will commence on January 15, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. (ET) at the Durham Convention Center, Junior Ballroom A, 301 West Morgan St.., Durham, NC. The Convention Center is adjacent to the Durham Marriott City Center, 201 Foster St., Durham, NC.

ï‚· Only Qualified Bidders, the Debtors and the Consultation Parties will be permitted to attend or participate in the Auction. Qualified Bidders may participate telephonically with the consent of the Debtors and the Consultation Parties.

ï‚· The Bankruptcy Court will conduct a hearing (the "Sale Hearing") to consider the proposed Sales on January 22, 2019 at 11:00 a.m. (ET), in Courtroom #1, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, 101 S. Edgeworth St., Greensboro, NC.

Maybe we can get the NG to put together some cash and make a bid for Nashbar. We can change it back to Bike Warehouse and recreate the '70s-'80s catalog offerings. http://bulgier.net/pics/bike/Catalogs/BikeWarehouse-80/ Sell Bob Jacksons! http://www.bobjacksoncycles.co.uk/pr...he-peg-frames/ Suntour Cyclones for everyone!

-- Jay Beattie.

Old January 15th 19, 05:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 1/14/2019 10:47 PM, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

I'm in!!!

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old January 15th 19, 04:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 1/14/2019 7:47 PM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

Maybe we can get the NG to put together some cash and make a bid for Nashbar. We can change it back to Bike Warehouse and recreate the '70s-'80s catalog offerings. http://bulgier.net/pics/bike/Catalogs/BikeWarehouse-80/

I could us a few Belt Beacons for $8.95 each.

Old January 15th 19, 06:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at 10:35:17 AM UTC-5, sms wrote:
On 1/14/2019 7:47 PM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

Maybe we can get the NG to put together some cash and make a bid for Nashbar. We can change it back to Bike Warehouse and recreate the '70s-'80s catalog offerings. http://bulgier.net/pics/bike/Catalogs/BikeWarehouse-80/

I could us a few Belt Beacons for $8.95 each.

That's about $35 in today's dollars.

- Frank Krygowski
Old January 15th 19, 06:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at 7:35:17 AM UTC-8, sms wrote:
On 1/14/2019 7:47 PM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

Maybe we can get the NG to put together some cash and make a bid for Nashbar. We can change it back to Bike Warehouse and recreate the '70s-'80s catalog offerings. http://bulgier.net/pics/bike/Catalogs/BikeWarehouse-80/

I could us a few Belt Beacons for $8.95 each.

Well, according to the inflation calculator, that's $57.35 in 2017 dollars.. Hmmmm. We can beat that! Get some Alibaba $1 tail lights and put them in cut-off beer cans or little plastic pots with with belt attachments and amber trailer light lenses. Sell them to the hard-core retro crowd -- the guys who are buying up all the handlebar bags. We'll be hundredaires!

-- Jay Beattie.

Old January 15th 19, 06:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 1/15/2019 9:10 AM, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at 7:35:17 AM UTC-8, sms wrote:
On 1/14/2019 7:47 PM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

Maybe we can get the NG to put together some cash and make a bid for Nashbar. We can change it back to Bike Warehouse and recreate the '70s-'80s catalog offerings. http://bulgier.net/pics/bike/Catalogs/BikeWarehouse-80/

I could us a few Belt Beacons for $8.95 each.

Well, according to the inflation calculator, that's $57.35 in 2017 dollars. Hmmmm. We can beat that! Get some Alibaba $1 tail lights and put them in cut-off beer cans or little plastic pots with with belt attachments and amber trailer light lenses. Sell them to the hard-core retro crowd -- the guys who are buying up all the handlebar bags. We'll be hundredaires!

-- Jay Beattie.

In two weeks, my City Council and I have to interview candidates for our
Bicycle-Pedestrian Commission. As mayor this year, I have some leeway to
set up the interview process. I think that I will bring one of my old
Belt Beacons into the interviews and ask each candidate to identify it
and to tell me what kind of battery it uses. Those that know what it is,
who manufactured it, and that it uses a 9V battery, move forward in the
selection process. But I may have a hard time filling all the openings.

https://i1.wp.com/farm7.static.flickr.com/6160/6189987842_f74e520725.jpg?resize=500%2C300
https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTI1MFgxMDE1/z/Px0AAOSwQS1bhhvg/$_1.JPG

[650B] Pari-Moto tire; Nous vous souhaitons adieu or buyers needed! bfd Techniques 3 September 1st 09 11:16 AM
Adieu, Dan B. Lafferty Racing 78 December 7th 05 06:20 PM
Memorial for a Hero - We bid you adieu, oh beloved Gazzalodi. Fuego Unicycling 20 March 18th 05 02:23 AM
Thick as a Brick Yanks BCL Australia 41 November 29th 04 12:42 PM
Adieu Specialized? Chris Zacho The Wheelman General 4 February 24th 04 02:10 PM