Tubeless tires

Old March 30th 05, 02:57 AM
MT

Default Tubeless tires

I recently came into some tubeless MTB tires, but don't have tubeless rims.
Can the tires be used with a tube on my conventional clincher rims?
(They're Hutchinson Python Lights 26x2.0 and are marked "UST", "Nagesti",
and "VST"
on a "compatibility" sticker on the sidewall)

Thanks.

Old March 30th 05, 03:11 AM
Werehatrack

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 01:57:56 GMT, "MT"
wrote:

I recently came into some tubeless MTB tires, but don't have tubeless rims.
Can the tires be used with a tube on my conventional clincher rims?

Yes. I'm doing that with some myself for the same reason.

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Old March 30th 05, 09:08 AM
S o r n i

MT wrote:
I recently came into some tubeless MTB tires, but don't have tubeless
rims. Can the tires be used with a tube on my conventional clincher
rims? (They're Hutchinson Python Lights 26x2.0 and are marked "UST",
"Nagesti", and "VST"
on a "compatibility" sticker on the sidewall)

Yes. Might be a bit heavy, but will work fine.

(You can also try the Stan's No Tubes system to use Tubless {sic -- correct
Usenet term} tires on your conventional rims. Or "regular" tires, too, for
that matter.)

Bill S.