oh no! not again! (broke something)

Old March 5th 06, 12:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default oh no! not again! (broke something)

they say UNICON is still far away but as I progress very slowly I
started to train. I need to keep the "old" body as fit as possible and
I was not faring bad (heartrate went down from 63 to 53 in just 6
months).
My only big problem is takeoff: this is a dangerous zone for me because
I stress from a previous serious injury while freemounting....
and I did it again! this saturday I missed a freemount and broke my big
toe ... yes my big toe from right foot
Doctor said: "boy you are lucky: since you wear mountain shoes ...
otherwise you should have broken your foot!"
and , again, I will not uni for probably a whole month
do not tell my dad: he is nagging me, he wants me to quit this crazy
sport!

--
wobbling bear

One Wheel : bear necessity
wobbling bear's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3716

Old March 5th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I broke my little toe running across the upstairs of my house because I
was late for work. Nothing much they can do about that though. Perhaps
I should stop this crazy going to work.

Cathy

--
cathwood

Say no to unicycle genre discrimination! - MrBoogiejuice

http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk

Old March 10th 06, 07:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 06:06:18 -0600, wobbling bear wrote:

and I did it again! this saturday I missed a freemount and broke my big
toe ... yes my big toe from right foot

Bear, a month of no riding, that's bad (even though the doctor says
you're lucky)! I hope you heal soon! Looking forward to 'your' geezers
meeting at Unicon.

Your dad? He must be old.

Old March 10th 06, 12:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Klaas Bil wrote:

Your dad? He must be old.

not for a bear: we stay longer younger

Old March 10th 06, 03:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

wobbling bear wrote:
they say UNICON is still far away but as I progress very slowly I
started to train. I need to keep the "old" body as fit as possible and
I was not faring bad (heartrate went down from 63 to 53 in just 6
months).
My only big problem is takeoff: this is a dangerous zone for me because
I stress from a previous serious injury while freemounting....
and I did it again! this saturday I missed a freemount and broke my big
toe ... yes my big toe from right foot
Doctor said: "boy you are lucky: since you wear mountain shoes ...
otherwise you should have broken your foot!"
and , again, I will not uni for probably a whole month
do not tell my dad: he is nagging me, he wants me to quit this crazy
sport!

Ouch,

get better soon.

Joe

--
joemarshall

my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuq44

Old March 10th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

thats too bad, I hope you get better soon.

I broke my wrist by falling down, and broke my foot by running, so I
don't think the fact that you were doing a crazy sport had anything
particularly to do with your injury (:

--
James_Potter

i still believe that all you need is love...john lennon

mikael atkinson
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
*President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)*

RR: Broke Back Epic in the Owyhees Paladin Mountain Biking 14 March 4th 06 05:26 AM
Broke uni swarbrim Unicycling 8 December 17th 05 04:08 AM
Frame broke on me today dannyfrankszzz UK 19 August 31st 05 10:14 AM
Broke my seatpost while climbing ProudYankee Unicycling 3 April 30th 05 11:01 AM
just broke another frame... Ric UK 13 December 13th 03 07:35 PM