New York, Central Park rides?

Old February 17th 10, 12:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
[email protected][_2_]

Default New York, Central Park rides?

Hello,

Have any New York cyclists here ridden in Central Park? I did a little
research on the park, and I'm surprised how expansive it is.

Regards,
Cullen Carter
Appleton, WI
Old February 17th 10, 04:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
[email protected][_2_]

On Feb 16, 7:43*pm, SMS wrote:
wrote:
Hello,

Have any New York cyclists here ridden in Central Park? I did a little
research on the park, and I'm surprised how expansive it is.

Regards,
Cullen Carter
Appleton, WI

Last April we were in NYC and rented bicycles and rode around Manhattan.
* *There are very good bicycle paths and routes through most of the
city, including Central Park, except for a stretch near the UN.

The cheapest rentals I found were at
"http://pedalpusherbikeshop.com/articles/rental-information-not-may-3r...".
Unfortunately, the rentals are not well-maintained, but they were not
horrible either.

How far did you go in central park? On a scale of 1-10, how bike-
accessible would you say New York is?

regards,
Cullen
Old March 6th 10, 09:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,nyc.bicycles
Jym Dyer

How far did you go in central park? On a scale of 1-10,
how bike-accessible would you say New York is?

=v= Thanks to years of activism, Central Park's main loop is
carfree for most of the day.

=v= H.G. Wells said that cycle tracks abound in Utopia. If
Utopia is a 10, then from my experience I would give Amsterdam
a 9, and New York (a.k.a. New Amsterdam) an 8.

=v= You can perhaps determine how bike-accessible the city is
from these maps:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/bic...bikemaps.shtml

My own experience is from biking (and living) mostly in Brooklyn
and Manhattan, and riding through Queens and the Bronx. I'm
not so experienced with Staten Island; you'd have to ask Usenet
legend Gordon Fitch about that.
_Jym_