Bike Brightz lighting system?

Old February 23rd 10, 08:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
[email protected][_2_]

Default Bike Brightz lighting system?

Hello,

Has anybody had any experience with the Bike Brightz
[www.bikebrightz.com] lighting system. Or something similar?

If so, how did you like it?

regards,
Cullen
Old February 23rd 10, 10:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jim A

[
www.bikebrightz.com] lighting system. Or something similar?

If so, how did you like it?

regards,
Cullen

Looks like something inspired by The Fast & The Furious, except those
look really cheap. I wouldn't be seen dead with one.

Whatever floats your boat though...

--
www.slowbicyclemovement.org - enjoy the ride
Old February 23rd 10, 11:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
SMS

wrote:
Hello,

Has anybody had any experience with the Bike Brightz
[
www.bikebrightz.com] lighting system. Or something similar?

If so, how did you like it?

regards,
Cullen

Avoid them at all costs.
Old February 24th 10, 01:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
[email protected][_2_]

On Feb 23, 3:22*pm, Jim A wrote:
wrote:
Hello,

Has anybody had any experience with the Bike Brightz
[www.bikebrightz.com] lighting system. Or something similar?

If so, how did you like it?

regards,
Cullen

Looks like something inspired by The Fast & The Furious, except those
look really cheap. *I wouldn't be seen dead with one.

Whatever floats your boat though...

--www.slowbicyclemovement.org- enjoy the ride

They are incredibly flashy, aren't they? Stupidly flashy too!

I'd like to find a way to cycle by candlelight!

Cullen
Old February 24th 10, 08:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jim A

wrote:
On Feb 23, 3:22 pm, Jim A wrote:
wrote:
Hello,
Has anybody had any experience with the Bike Brightz
[
www.bikebrightz.com] lighting system. Or something similar?
If so, how did you like it?
regards,
Cullen

Looks like something inspired by The Fast & The Furious, except those
look really cheap. I wouldn't be seen dead with one.

Whatever floats your boat though...

--www.slowbicyclemovement.org- enjoy the ride

They are incredibly flashy, aren't they? Stupidly flashy too!

I'd like to find a way to cycle by candlelight!

Cullen

Ask Carl Fogel over at rec.bicycles.tech and I'm sure he'll find a way
for you to do that alright!

--
www.slowbicyclemovement.org - enjoy the ride
Old February 25th 10, 04:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike A Schwab

On Feb 23, 1:51*pm, " wrote:
Hello,

Has anybody had any experience with the Bike Brightz
[www.bikebrightz.com] lighting system. Or something similar?

If so, how did you like it?

regards,
Cullen

http://www.imaginarycolours.com/Merc...roduct_Count=1

Red in rear, yellow in front. No blinking, put battery case in seat
bag, wrap wire around frame tubes. 30 hours on 3 AA Duracell.
Old February 26th 10, 12:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jym Dyer

Has anybody had any experience with the Bike Brightz
[www.bikebrightz.com] lighting system. Or something similar?

=v= No experience with that, but some friends have these:

http://rockthebike.com/lights/downlowglow

They look snazzy (in a certain urban aesthtic sense) and are
certainly visible.

I wouldn't be seen dead with one.

=v= Given that these call themselves "bike halos," might we
infer that you might instead be seen dead with some manner
of bike horns and pitchfork? ;^)
_Jym_

Old February 26th 10, 08:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jim A

Jym Dyer wrote:
Has anybody had any experience with the Bike Brightz
[www.bikebrightz.com] lighting system. Or something similar?

=v= No experience with that, but some friends have these:

http://rockthebike.com/lights/downlowglow

They look snazzy (in a certain urban aesthtic sense) and are
certainly visible.

I wouldn't be seen dead with one.

=v= Given that these call themselves "bike halos," might we
infer that you might instead be seen dead with some manner
of bike horns and pitchfork? ;^)
_Jym_

Yes, anything would be preferable to those fairy-lights! :-)

--
www.slowbicyclemovement.org - enjoy the ride to hell
Old February 27th 10, 05:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

wrote:
Hello,

Has anybody had any experience with the Bike Brightz
[
www.bikebrightz.com] lighting system. Or something similar?

At the risk of stating the obvious, I think anyone looking for good
bike lights ought to go to a store with a good selection and comparison
shop. I'm all for checking the LBS first. (Don't bother with 'mart
stores; all they have is junk.)
And then if you have one near you, check out REI. Often they have
the best selection, and the one where I shop even has all their
taillights mounted side by side on a piece of pipe so that you can turn
them on and compare them that way.
In case you haven't already looked at light prices, be prepared for a
shock. I've seen bike light "systems" selling for upwards of $300,
although there are less expensive alternatives.

Bill

__o | Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live.
_`\(,_ |
(_)/ (_) | -- Mark Twain
Old March 3rd 10, 01:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jay[_2_]

wrote in message
[...]

I like DiNotte http://www.dinottelighting.com/ .

I just bought another 200 lumen Li-ion headlight for my new bike. DiNotte
has excellent customer care, if you buy directly from their online store.

I may one day buy their 800 lumen headlight. You could probably see that
thing from space.

J.