Tyler hits the pavement one last time

Old April 19th 05, 12:02 AM

Default Tyler hits the pavement one last time

Tyler Hamilton. The boyish looks, the freckled face, the broken
collarbone, the heroic breakaway, poor old Tugboat, the Olympic gold
and all... You all know the story, but here's a summary:

May 2004 - Tyler on doping before the Tour
"I can't speak for the other teams but I can speak for my team and
myself. I feel like it has cleaned up a lot. I got tested three times
in the off-season; that's just out-of-competition testing. And with all
three teams I've been on I've signed my contract knowing if I use
illegal substances I'm fired straight away."

July 2004 - Tyler on doping allegations from ex team doctor
"I swear on my wife's life and the grave of my dog that the doping
story is not true."

August 2004 - Tyler on testing positive at the Olympics
"I can assure you of one thing, I am 100 percent innocent. I am not
going to risk my life and that of my wife with a blood transfusion,
there must have been some kind of mistake. Anybody who knows me would
accept that I would never do such a thing."

September 2004 - Tyler on testing positive at the Vuelta
"This is crazy. We will spend every cent we have to show my innocence."

October 2004 - Tyler on asking fans for donations to his legal defense
fund, in spite of his 1-million$ per year salary/endorsements
"I want to express my overwhelming gratitude to those of you who have
demonstrated your support through believetyler.org. I am absolutely
humbled by the level of outreach we've received from so many of you."

November 2004 - Tyler digging his hole deeper
"I'm a nice person and I try to forgive people, but not this time, not
with this. I've lost a lot of trust in people because they have backed
off from me when I needed them the most. When my name is cleared, I'm
going to remember those people. They'd better not come crawling back to
me when this is all over."

--

April 2005 - Tyler hits the pave one last time
"Following the full hearing, the majority of the panel rejected

"We still believe in you Tyler!!!" lmao

-Tezel

Tyler Sacked: Its about time! JayofMontreal Racing 0 November 30th 04 02:33 PM
L.A. Confidential Excerpt 'Dis Guy Racing 3 October 10th 04 05:31 AM
Marital discord - Hamilton crit pro Racing 9 September 27th 04 12:42 PM
Time spent to travel Gawnsoft UK 276 June 3rd 04 12:48 PM
Question how Polar 7xx records ride Time & Avg. Speed GaryG Techniques 3 December 2nd 03 05:16 PM