DPP recommends McGee face further charges

Old August 24th 05, 07:56 PM
John Pitts

Default DPP recommends McGee face further charges

From ABC News Online:

Prominent Adelaide barrister Eugene McGee is to face fresh charges
arising from the Kapunda Road Royal Commission in South Australia.

State Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Stephen Pallaras has
recommended that Mr McGee and his brother, Craig McGee, be charged with
conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

Mr Pallaras says he is recommending the new charges after considering
the second, confidential report from the Royal Commission handed down
last month.

More at http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200508/s1445479.htm

--
John
(Remove hat before emailing)

Old August 24th 05, 09:48 PM
flyingdutch

good to hear

altho a good ol' style lynching would be more satisfying :mad
:mad

--
flyingdutch

Old August 24th 05, 11:20 PM
rooman

flyingdutch Wrote:
good to hea

altho a good ol' style lynching would be more satisfying :mad

http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.a...55E2682,00.htm

this article outlines some stuff that really makes you wonder how Mcge
( and now his brother) got off so far, so lightly and why it's taken s
long

In the wild days of swift dispatch of justice of the 1880s an act lik
this by a soul-less coward like Mcgee would have seen the perpetrato
rendered unable to walk by his neighbors and probably enjoy the vie
for a few seconds from a high tree limb before the drop

This guy surely had the where-withall to know exactly what he was doin
and it certainly puts the lie to him being under "stress" at the time.
his main defence and the judicial reason for getting a low fine an
short disqualification)

Shows too, who much the prosecutors at the time were incompetent
funny what that none of them now are in their old jobs !

Now again this is more fuel for cycling advocates to roll with th
punches and ensure all drivers are responible under the law and tha
the law is such that all law enforcement officers, prosecutors and th
courts act fully and openly under their duty to society where cyclist
are involved as innocent victims

bring it on....see you all at the Goat! :mad

--
rooman

Old August 25th 05, 12:44 AM
Peter McCallum

flyingdutch wrote:

good to hear

yeah, but he hasn't been convicted yet, don't hold your breath.
--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA
Old August 25th 05, 05:25 AM
HughMann

This story also featured on Page 3 of todays Australian. Very prominen
and even though its from the same stable as the "tizer" it does giv
more/different info.

'Brothers to be charged over hit-run - link to story
(http://tinyurl.com/c75zw)

Can our faith in the legal system be restored ?
Should have taken more notice when I saw the story recently but i
appears that around the same time as Ian Humphrey was killed by Eugen
Mc Gee there was a random shooting in SA, think the victim lived (?
but the person who did it got off with a small fine ! . Thats gone t
appeal but after what we have seen I wonder what will happen.

As FD commented, so much negative ****.

Positive side - Summer is coming - FAST so get all the wish lists made
fix it if its broken, buy up now and get ready to ride off into th
sunset singing some raunchy riding song at the top of your lungs.

Have Fun

Hugh

16 to 26 and fine here toda

--