Stompalicious

Old September 12th 05, 10:26 AM
Resound

Default Stompalicious

You'll fall over, they said.

"Dunno mate, if that your first set, I wouldn't ride through the city on
'em."

Utter bollarks. They're not at the right angle, and I think I want to use
the front mounting points on the shoes, not the rear ones and I need to
crank up the tension as when I was stomping away from the lights (revelling
in the ability to HAUUUUL on the pedals) I pulled out of the left one a
couple of times...BUT...they rock. It'll take a little while before clipping
in is a reflex action but I can't see how people have grief getting out of
them. Twist, click, easy. AXO MTB shoes with standard SPD cleats and Wellgo
double sided pedals. I don't see me going back to toe clips by choice

Old September 12th 05, 11:53 AM
Duncan

Resound wrote:
You'll fall over, they said.

"Dunno mate, if that your first set, I wouldn't ride through the city on
'em."

Utter bollarks. They're not at the right angle, and I think I want to use
the front mounting points on the shoes, not the rear ones and I need to
crank up the tension as when I was stomping away from the lights (revelling
in the ability to HAUUUUL on the pedals) I pulled out of the left one a
couple of times...BUT...they rock. It'll take a little while before clipping
in is a reflex action but I can't see how people have grief getting out of
them. Twist, click, easy. AXO MTB shoes with standard SPD cleats and Wellgo
double sided pedals. I don't see me going back to toe clips by choice

Must admit... I didn't have a problem going to clipless, either.

As long as you spend the first few rides chanting the mantra "unclip..
unclip .. unlip" things are fine. Haven't had any (touch-wood) falls
(due to the pedals, anyway) over two years later.

My first for today was finally buying some knicks... my arse thanked me
all the way home, even into the blustery westerly. Why didn't I get
them sooner?

Old September 12th 05, 02:13 PM
Michael Warner

On 12 Sep 2005 03:53:41 -0700, Duncan wrote:

My first for today was finally buying some knicks... my arse thanked me
all the way home, even into the blustery westerly. Why didn't I get
them sooner?

Because, like most blokes, you're not sufficiently in touch with your arse
and its needs. You never wonder "Does my arse look big in this?", for
example.

Old September 12th 05, 02:38 PM
Kim

Michael Warner wrote:
On 12 Sep 2005 03:53:41 -0700, Duncan wrote:

My first for today was finally buying some knicks... my arse thanked me
all the way home, even into the blustery westerly. Why didn't I get
them sooner?

Because, like most blokes, you're not sufficiently in touch with your arse
and its needs. You never wonder "Does my arse look big in this?", for
example.

i don't understand all that ******** about "Does my arse look big in this?"

i know my arse is big. i don't wonder about it.
i know i need knicks. its just a cash issue =/
SPDs came first =)

cheers,

kim
Old September 12th 05, 03:18 PM
Bleve

Kim wrote:
Michael Warner wrote:
On 12 Sep 2005 03:53:41 -0700, Duncan wrote:

My first for today was finally buying some knicks... my arse thanked me
all the way home, even into the blustery westerly. Why didn't I get
them sooner?

Because, like most blokes, you're not sufficiently in touch with your arse
and its needs. You never wonder "Does my arse look big in this?", for
example.

i don't understand all that ******** about "Does my arse look big in this?"

i know my arse is big. i don't wonder about it.
i know i need knicks. its just a cash issue =/
SPDs came first =)

My first pair of knicks cost about $50 - that's less than a slab
of guinness.

Old September 12th 05, 07:07 PM
hippy

Bleve Wrote:

My first pair of knicks cost about $50 - that's less than a slab
of guinness.

But more than a 4-pack. Hmm.. tough call.. :P

hippy
"ein radler bitte"

--
hippy

Old September 12th 05, 11:16 PM
Michael Warner

On 12 Sep 2005 07:18:08 -0700, Bleve wrote:

My first pair of knicks cost about $50 - that's less than a slab
of guinness.

And it's hard to balance the slab on the saddle while you get on,
too.

Old September 12th 05, 11:19 PM
EuanB

Resound Wrote:
It'll take a little while before clipping
in is a reflex action but I can't see how people have grief getting
out of them. Twist, click, easy. AXO MTB shoes with standard SPD cleats
and Wellgo double sided pedals.

Don't get cocky ;-)

I'd been using clipless pedals for over a year with no problem then
one day I rolled up to the lights on Clarendon Street on the way in to
the city and stopped.

And forgot. Forgot to put my feet down. Not forgot to unclip just
forgot that when the bike's not a moving the feet need to be on the
floor.

Cue slow motion topple to one side, still clipped in. Cue calls from
concerned pedestrians asking if I was OK. Cue MUCH embarresment.

The trouble with clipless is that you truly do feel part of the
machine which is normally a good thing. Just be wary of stop lights
;-)

I don't see me going back to toe clips by choice

Quite :-)

--
EuanB

Old September 12th 05, 11:57 PM
Duncan

Bleve wrote:
Kim wrote:
Michael Warner wrote:
On 12 Sep 2005 03:53:41 -0700, Duncan wrote:

My first for today was finally buying some knicks... my arse thanked me
all the way home, even into the blustery westerly. Why didn't I get
them sooner?

Because, like most blokes, you're not sufficiently in touch with your arse
and its needs. You never wonder "Does my arse look big in this?", for
example.

i don't understand all that ******** about "Does my arse look big in this?"

i know my arse is big. i don't wonder about it.
i know i need knicks. its just a cash issue =/
SPDs came first =)

My first pair of knicks cost about $50 - that's less than a slab
of guinness.

Must admit... I've been on the lookout for a reasonably prices pair for
the last few months.. have been turned off various brands for various
reasons. Finally picked up a pair on ebay for a good price.

It is hard to choose ... beer or knicks. Unfortunately, beer is
fleeting.