Hutchinson Fusion Long Distance experience?

Old January 31st 07, 08:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Hutchinson Fusion Long Distance experience?

Hi All,

Anyone here used the Hutchinson Fusion Long Distance tire? I'm
particularly interested in the 700x25. Is it really 25mm? Puncture
resistance?

Joseph

Old February 1st 07, 11:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Gary

I use the Long Distance exclusively now and am very pleased with the
flat resistance. Remarkably they are not that heavy either. I just
ordered two more at Pricepoint at a super price. Unless something better
comes along I'll be riding them this year.

Old February 1st 07, 05:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Feb 1, 12:41 pm, Gary wrote:
I use the Long Distance exclusively now and am very pleased with the
flat resistance. Remarkably they are not that heavy either. I just
ordered two more at Pricepoint at a super price. Unless something better
comes along I'll be riding them this year.

Have you tried the 25's? What sort of surfaces do you ride on?

Joseph

Old February 1st 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Gary

No, only the 23s for the past two years. Ordinary highway shoulders or
Farm to Market road surfaces. We have some bad shoulders in our area of
Texas so I wanted a tire that will hold up well. Some altitude riding in
Northern New Mexico. I always felt confident on my Fusion LDs. Even of
fast descents. The tires have reviewed well online, too. That's why I
tried them. 235 grams.

Old February 1st 07, 08:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Feb 1, 5:00 am, "Phil, Non-Squid"
wrote:
jim beam wrote:
wrote:
Hi All,

Anyone here used the Hutchinson Fusion Long Distance tire? I'm
particularly interested in the 700x25. Is it really 25mm? Puncture
resistance?

Joseph

regarding puncture resistance, i've used hutchinson carbon comp and
excel tires extensively and have never had a flat on any of them,
including 5 years of wet winter commutes on the excels. they're not
terribly "fast", but they'll get you there on schedule. can't say i
give any thought to width.

As jim and I have discussed in the past, the Excels are flatproof (yes, I
said flatproof), due to the deeply triangular tread profile and probably
some steel wire interwoven with the nylon. ; )

The ride is very harsh with the Excels. My 23mm's seemed to be true 23s.

--
Phil

They don't seem to make the Excel anymore. Is that the same as the
Quartz, or the Flash?

http://www.hutchinsontires.com/uk/velo/accueil.php

??

Joseph

Old February 4th 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Phil, Non-Squid

wrote:
On Feb 1, 5:00 am, "Phil, Non-Squid"
wrote:
jim beam wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Looks most like the Quarts, but not an identical match. Tread pattern's a
little different.

BTW, the colored tread on my set of Excels were like riding on ice.
Cornering was taken very gingerly. Once they got kinda old (~1 year) the
silica crap got really hard and started delaminating from the carbon black
tread. Not good.

--
Phil

Appropriate Unicycle for Long Distance Chris Kennedy Unicycling 3 April 26th 06 09:29 PM
thanks for long distance advice [email protected] UK 4 March 13th 06 07:07 PM
long distance [email protected] UK 52 March 6th 06 10:54 PM
DT Onyx/Hutchinson Fusion Comp Tires - $480 xavier Marketplace 0 January 4th 06 01:01 AM
long distance uni commandoH Unicycling 6 April 25th 04 07:20 AM