heart attacks & cycling...

Old January 17th 08, 09:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
* * Chas

Default heart attacks & cycling...

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
snip

How do you know they are innocent? How do you know anything about it?
Everyone contributes to the situation he is in.

Well, how many have been convicted in a fair court trial?

Several British citizens that were returned from Guantanamo to Britain
were released shortly thereafter, as they were deemed innocent by
British "Intelligence".

Under the US system of law everyone is "presumed" innocent until proven
guilty.

Chas.

Old January 18th 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

* * Chas wrote:
"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
snip
How do you know they are innocent? How do you know anything about it?
Everyone contributes to the situation he is in.

Well, how many have been convicted in a fair court trial?

Several British citizens that were returned from Guantanamo to Britain
were released shortly thereafter, as they were deemed innocent by
British "Intelligence".

Under the US system of law everyone is "presumed" innocent until proven
guilty.

No, by the Military Commissions Act, they are presumed guilty on the say
so of George ****** Bush - he can declare anyone, US citizen or not, a
terrorist and detain them indefinitely without the right of habeas corpus.

"And never forget, life ultimately makes failures of all people."
- A. Derleth
Old January 23rd 08, 01:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Jan 15, 6:00 am, peter wrote:
On Jan 14, 6:44 am, " wrote:
I hear about an experiment in a prison. They inmates all had multiple
life sentences. One group would live the way they always did, the
other group got lots of vitamins. (closer to to much as to little)

After 3 months the inmates in group 2 where sitting in the hallway
playing chess, laughing, singing and making music. In group 1 they
would still kill a person per day on average.

Many of the ideas about life extension fall into the domain of 3 groups of
people looking for financial gain:

1. Food supplement hawkers.
2. Authors writing books on life extension.
3. Quacks who are also usually in group 1 and/or 2.

yes, but that is only a symptom of not doing the research.

Con-men utilize the lack of expertise in the field.

But in your previous post you claimed that there was research - i.e.
the prisoner control group study above (have any reference?)

Yes, there is research but it's not public creating the perfect soil
for con artists.

The prison story was from memory, I coudn't find a link and I have a
rather bad memory.

If
taking some extra vitamins could be shown to have such dramatic
effects then why aren't the vitamin manufacturers citing such research
in their ads?

You mean next to the holy watter? I'm sure they do that already. With
multivitamin tablets you don't have a clue about dosage. They just mix
the ingredients in a big tank and keep dosage low so that it can be
mixed enough not to kill anyone.

You don't have a problem believing vitamin C is good for you do you?
It should be easy for you to figure out:

1 - what happens if you have no vitamin C in your diet.

2 - what amount makes for an over dosage of vitamin C

3 - What happens if you have to much vitamin C in your diet.

From those figures you should be able to get a picture of the ideal
quantity. Anything above or below ideal is just "not ideal!". It means
there is always room for improvement in a diet.

Ask your doctor:

1 - should I take vitamin C (they say: no a normal meal has everything
you need)

2 - what should I eat that holds vitamin C? (something like: oranges
kiwi etc)

3 - how much vitamin C is in an orange? (not much)

4 - how much oranges do I have to eat per day to get a good daily
dosage?

5 - how much oranges can a normal stomach stomach?

Then go back to question 1

Studies have shown the medical benefits from having loads of C in your
body. But even if we take the lowest possible figure medical science
has come up with (and thats really really low) then you still have to
eat fruit all week where not just any fruit will do. With a little
research you can figure out that the old cultural dishes did have
plenty of nutrition. You eat linzen every day? Well you should ^^

Some say 100 oranges per day is enough.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m..._21024246/pg_1

See how the experts disagree what is enough. But the research doesn't
lie, the benefits are well known. The controversy is about what should
be considered to little.

And what prison is this that averages one killing per day? The
homicide rate in US state prisons in 2002 was 4 per 100,000 inmates.
Even including suicides only brings it up to about 50 per 100,000
(http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/newsroom/2005/shspljpr.htm). Using that
figure for both suicides and killings would require an inmate
population of 730,000 to average one death per day.

Yeah, I probably didn't remember that statistic correctly. Wouldn't
you think? Yes, I think thats what happened. lol I tell that story
because that was what got me interested in the topic. What a great
example of what happens when the experts are ignorant enough to leave
things up to John Doe.

Don't take my diet advice for granted. You start here for the more
credible reports :-)

http://news.google.com/news?q=vitamin

This MD girl is also hilarious if you have enough ego to listen to
her.

Try not to run away till she takes of her coat.

lol
Old January 23rd 08, 02:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Jan 17, 6:16 am, Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
Tom Sherman wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
Tom Sherman wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
Tom Sherman wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
Tom Sherman wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
Tom Sherman wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
Tom Sherman wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
In article
,
"(PeteCresswell)" wrote:

Per * * Chas:
On the other side of the coin some people like trial lawyers,
surgeons and
others who live a stress junkie life style supposedly don't seem
to be
negatively affected by stress.
I always heard that the amount of control people had over their
day-to-day lives was important.

"Stress" without control is one thing, "stress" where the person
has a lot of control - like a senior executive (as in "I don't
get ulcers... I *give* ulcers...") - is a another.
Yes, good point. No reason to make trouble for others
solely to amuse oneself, though.

And everyone, regardless of station, has, or had, the
capacity to take control of the central aspects of their being.

Prisoners at Guantanamo Bay included?
What are you talking about?

That reply is for when people post without quoting previous text for
content, no?
What is the relevance of your reply to the context?

Do the prisoners at Guantanamo Bay have the capacity to take control of
the central aspects of their being?
We all find our selves in situations.
We contribute to our situations.

Yes, getting turned in for bounty money, by those who have no morality
but greed.

You often complain about your workplace situation.
I get the idea that it is none of your doing.
In that case we disagree fundamentally.

I get the idea the Michael Press has no clue to what he is talking about
in this case.
I know more about you than I know about anyone at Guantanamo Bay.

Yes, the prisoners at Guantanamo Bay do not have Usenet posting
privileges, even the innocent ones.

There are reports out there on how the prisoners at Guantanamo Bay are
treated, if one looks beyond the US mainstream media (M$M). One can make
a strong argument that these prisoners do NOT have the ability to to
take control of the central aspects of their being.

Have you guessed by now that my point is people
contribute to the situations they get into?

Do not live in an area where innocent people are turned in for CIA
bounty money?

--
Michael Press

Yes, everyone contributes to the situation he is in.

How did you manage to forget they are innocent? O_O

try..

http://www.google.com/search?q=oklah...tiple+bombs%22
Old January 23rd 08, 10:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

In article
,
" wrote:
On Jan 17, 6:16 am, Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
Tom Sherman wrote:
Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
Tom Sherman wrote:
Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
Tom Sherman wrote:
Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
Tom Sherman wrote:
Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
Tom Sherman wrote:
Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
Tom Sherman wrote:
Michael Press wrote:
In article
vn2io31q7250m3k3m6phcc9o2ov56us...@ 4ax.com,
"(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
[...]

All I have is different people saying different things
about stuff they feel strongly about.
I am not taking anybody's word for any of this.
You think that you do not contribute to your situation?

--
Michael Press
Old January 24th 08, 05:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech, sci.med

[DISCLAIMER: I'm not a doctor, non of the below is medical advice.]
On Jan 23, 6:50 pm, still just me wrote:
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 05:36:36 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:
See how the experts disagree what is enough. But the research doesn't
lie, the benefits are well known. The controversy is about what should
be considered to little.

Most nutrition experts (those with nothing to sell) agree that the
absorption of vitamins from natural sources are at far greater rates
than from supplements.

Yes, artificial food will always be artificial.

Why make it a topic for experts?

We are all humans, I'm sure nutrition is less complicated as reading
and writing. It may even contrast as something that does make sense. A
stomach can only take this much volume. So, a business that sells food
can easily be rated (and taxed) accordingly to health benefits or
drawbacks. If it means burger king cant serve a burger without a salad
then so be it. This is just a dumb example. It tries to illustrate how
a government is capable of fighting illiteracy.

The economic benefits are as clear as the could possibly get.

Vitamin from fruit is better but a good apple holds 40 mg of vitamin C
per 100 gram.

My uneducated guess is that an average smoker needs at least 1000 mg
per day.

In reality the average person eats one apple's per week?

So that would mean the average smoker has enough vitamin C in his diet
for one day every 6 months? 2 days per year worth of it? Wouldn't have
any time left to smoke, would be eating fruit all day. haha It's a
very good idea but it's not realistic for everyone. I do agree that
artifical vitamins are still a bad idea. It just doesn't make it
worthy of ignoring how bad it is exactly.

I think we can get the hotdog guy some funding so that he can supply
subsidized oranges with the artificial stomach filling? We all know
it's not profitable for him but it would be good to have fruits all
over the place.

Just hold it in front of my nose and I would feel tempted to start
eating it. Yeah, you would also. ghehehe

People who are behind on their fruit eating should take supplements so
that they can catch up in the race.

Just stick the mars bar into a fruit basket and the magic starts
happening. If we are reasonable with mars they will fit the nutrition
back into the food. That doesn't sound very revolutionary now does it?

Woman use to buy arsenic to make blushes on their cheeks.

They use to use Rontgen devices in shoe stores while Tesla abandoned
the invention because it was unhealthy.

You have mobile phone waves blowing up cells within acceptable
margins.

I feel we can work towards survival also.

Sure preferably all vitamin should come from a natural source. It
doesn't change the fact we need it. Realistically it is impossible for
the average person to obtain that super health they need to survive or
prevent illness.

In stead we have nonsense patents on nonsense vaccines that are
mandatory by 18th century laws?

We have the technology to mechanically clean water but by law we must
add all kinds of chemicals to it? Any alternatives have been
forbidden.

Sure some scientists would argue it is impossible to figure out the
complex engineering of a mountain spring. Let us "progress" and cut
away all the trees then see what happens.

It seems like a good idea either way.

You put some watter in a bottle, you shake the bottle for as long as
you can. Then put it in the fridge and leave it there to cool. Take
the bottle out of the cooling and shake it again then put it back.
Keep doing that for a few days even. Taste the watter every time. Have
some one else taste it to avoid the new toy effect.

If you cant taste it then it's because of your taste. *grin*

People have energized water far beyond this effect.

This sounds like madness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjw8rq_28_s

But the truth is stranger than fiction....

"I am a researcher. I have researched dehydration for the past 20
years. When I discovered that the solution to most of the disease
conditions of our society is not a money maker, I decided to take my
information to the public.

My research revealed that unintentional dehydration produces stress,
chronic pains and many degenerative diseases. Dry mouth is not the
only sign of dehydration and waiting to get thirsty is wrong. Medicine
has based its understanding that it is solid matter in the body that
regulates all functions of the body. I have explained scientifically
at the molecular level that it is water that regulates all functions
of the body including functions of solid matter. 75 % of our bodies
are composed of water. The brain is 85% water. It is water that
energizes and activates the solid matter. If you don't take enough
water, some functions of the body will suffer. Dehydration produces
system disturbances. When I use the word water cure, I am referring to
curing dehydration with water.

Fereydoon Batmanghelidj, M.D.

http://www.watercure.com "

then it gets really really crazy....

"Masaru Emoto I was born in Yokohama in July 1943. I graduated from
the International Relations course in the Department of Humanities
and ... all Sciences at Yokohama Municipal University. In 1986 I
established the I.H.M. Corporation in Tokyo. In October of 1992 I
received certification from the Open International University as a
Doctor of Alternative Medicine. Subsequently I was introduced to the
concept of micro cluster water in the US and Magnetic Resonance
Analysis technology. The quest thus began to discover the mystery of
water. I undertook research of water around the planet not so much as
a scientific researcher but as an original thinker, as a human being.
At length I realized that it was in the water crystal that water
showed us its true nature.
"

lol!

Ralph Suddath: "I'm an extreme water environmentalist, so you know,
I'm like radical, and I mean radical. Now I'm leaving the country, and
I want to leave what I know behind - and my leaving has a lot to do
with our water. We're now creating water that's loaded with
supertoxins - and everybody knows abut it, but nobody's taking steps
to solve the problem. It's apathy, and it's dangerous.
"

all lies right? ....maybe not...

regards,

_____
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/factuurexpress
Old January 24th 08, 09:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech, sci.med
peter

On Jan 24, 9:10 am, " wrote:
[Much 'stream of consciousness' rambling deleted.]

This sounds like madness.

Yes, it does.

How does a heart rate monitor pickup my heart beat and transmits? [email protected] UK 1 February 14th 06 05:02 PM
Times article urban cycling and heart disease Peewiglet UK 53 August 25th 05 11:30 PM
Study Shows LSD Prevents Heart Attacks Tyler Hamillton Racing 0 April 19th 05 04:20 AM
heart attacks? Huw Lynes UK 105 December 9th 04 11:33 PM
HGH and Heart Attacks B. Lafferty Racing 17 August 16th 04 09:43 PM