heart attacks & cycling...

Old January 25th 08, 05:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech, sci.med

Default heart attacks & cycling...

On Jan 24, 10:11 pm, peter wrote:
This sounds like madness.

Yes, it does.

keep up your mind ****ing peter little boy. And you had complaints
about my personalty Peter? Look who is talking! You are a ****ing
psychopath.

Get with the program.

You dumb ****er can address the topic or you can **** off.

Thats the order of things.

If you are to damn ****ing stooooopid to address the topic then you
should feel free to **** off.

you might be retarded,ther is no need to worry. I will explain it to
you until you understand it.

You dumb ****ing ****.

On Jan 23, 2:36 pm, " wrote:
On Jan 15, 6:00 am, peter wrote:

On Jan 14, 6:44 am, " wrote:
I hear about an experiment in a prison. They inmates all had multiple
life sentences. One group would live the way they always did, the
other group got lots of vitamins. (closer to to much as to little)

After 3 months the inmates in group 2 where sitting in the hallway
playing chess, laughing, singing and making music. In group 1 they
would still kill a person per day on average.

Many of the ideas about life extension fall into the domain of 3 groups of
people looking for financial gain:

1. Food supplement hawkers.
2. Authors writing books on life extension.
3. Quacks who are also usually in group 1 and/or 2.

yes, but that is only a symptom of not doing the research.

Con-men utilize the lack of expertise in the field.

But in your previous post you claimed that there was research - i.e.
the prisoner control group study above (have any reference?)

Yes, there is research but it's not public creating the perfect soil
for con artists.

The prison story was from memory, I coudn't find a link and I have a
rather bad memory.

If
taking some extra vitamins could be shown to have such dramatic
effects then why aren't the vitamin manufacturers citing such research
in their ads?

You mean next to the holy watter? I'm sure they do that already. With
multivitamin tablets you don't have a clue about dosage. They just mix
the ingredients in a big tank and keep dosage low so that it can be
mixed enough not to kill anyone.

You don't have a problem believing vitamin C is good for you do you?
It should be easy for you to figure out:

1 - what happens if you have no vitamin C in your diet.

2 - what amount makes for an over dosage of vitamin C

3 - What happens if you have to much vitamin C in your diet.

From those figures you should be able to get a picture of the ideal
quantity. Anything above or below ideal is just "not ideal!". It means
there is always room for improvement in a diet.

Ask your doctor:

1 - should I take vitamin C (they say: no a normal meal has everything
you need)

2 - what should I eat that holds vitamin C? (something like: oranges
kiwi etc)

3 - how much vitamin C is in an orange? (not much)

4 - how much oranges do I have to eat per day to get a good daily
dosage?

5 - how much oranges can a normal stomach stomach?

Then go back to question 1

Studies have shown the medical benefits from having loads of C in your
body. But even if we take the lowest possible figure medical science
has come up with (and thats really really low) then you still have to
eat fruit all week where not just any fruit will do. With a little
research you can figure out that the old cultural dishes did have
plenty of nutrition. You eat linzen every day? Well you should ^^

Some say 100 oranges per day is enough.http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m..._21024246/pg_1

See how the experts disagree what is enough. But the research doesn't
lie, the benefits are well known. The controversy is about what should
be considered to little.

And what prison is this that averages one killing per day? The
homicide rate in US state prisons in 2002 was 4 per 100,000 inmates.
Even including suicides only brings it up to about 50 per 100,000
(http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/newsroom/2005/shspljpr.htm). Using that
figure for both suicides and killings would require an inmate
population of 730,000 to average one death per day.

Yeah, I probably didn't remember that statistic correctly. Wouldn't
you think? Yes, I think thats what happened. lol I tell that story
because that was what got me interested in the topic. What a great
example of what happens when the experts are ignorant enough to leave
things up to John Doe.

Don't take my diet advice for granted. You start here for the more
credible reports :-)

http://news.google.com/news?q=vitamin

This MD girl is also hilarious if you have enough ego to listen to
her.

Try not to run away till she takes of her coat.

lol

Old January 25th 08, 05:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech, sci.med

On Jan 25, 3:48 am, Tom Sherman
wrote:
aka Gaby de Wilde wrote:

Ralph Suddath: "I'm an extreme water environmentalist, so you know,
I'm like radical, and I mean radical. Now I'm leaving the country, and
I want to leave what I know behind - and my leaving has a lot to do
with our water. We're now creating water that's loaded with
supertoxins - and everybody knows abut it, but nobody's taking steps
to solve the problem. It's apathy, and it's dangerous....

Just wait, in a few years almost all the clean water in the world will
be controlled by a few hundred people that WILL use that as leverage
over the 6+ billion proletariat's.

"And never forget, life ultimately makes failures of all people."
- A. Derleth

Or cycling will go really really slowly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U-mvfjyiao

lol

How does a heart rate monitor pickup my heart beat and transmits? [email protected] UK 1 February 14th 06 05:02 PM
Times article urban cycling and heart disease Peewiglet UK 53 August 25th 05 11:30 PM
Study Shows LSD Prevents Heart Attacks Tyler Hamillton Racing 0 April 19th 05 04:20 AM
heart attacks? Huw Lynes UK 105 December 9th 04 11:33 PM
HGH and Heart Attacks B. Lafferty Racing 17 August 16th 04 09:43 PM