Here's a solution. What was the problem?

Old October 25th 19, 12:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Here's a solution. What was the problem?

On Thursday, October 24, 2019 at 2:27:21 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
snip

If you mean my Kranich is a "boat-anchor", you haven't been paying attention. The specially drawn tubes from Columbus make the frame lighter than my ali Trek Smover and my ali Gazelle Toulouse. You're mouthing off your prejudices, just like Krygowski and Slow Johnny. Try facts for a change.

Gads. Doesn't the Gazelle Toulouse weigh as much as an actual gazelle?

have manged with ordinary brakes forever.

So what? Once more, you haven't been paying attention. I've posted links to the history, and many times to my short summary of the history. In the first instance in 1935, the first Kranich was a tandem, the singleton version in 1936 was called the "Unisex Crossframe Deluxe", and the last postwar version after Gazelle took over Locomotive was called the "Priesterrijwiel" or "Priest's Bicycle", for a time when priests wore ankle-length split coats. Do any of these sound to you like lively cyclists who need anything more than coaster brakes? The recreation that over a couple of decades became the Kranich I ride is an entirely different bike redesigned from the ground up, keeping only the ultra-stiff but lightweight form of the frame. If you don't like it because it doesn't look like the bikes you're used to, tough. I don't have such prejudices.

The boat anchor also has an extensive history.

BTW, I'm exhausted just looking at that bike. Too many tubes! http://coolmainpress.com/AndreJute%27sUtopiaKranich.pdf It gives me cutting/brazing/filing PTSD. The brass or silver rod for that bike probably weights two pounds by itself.

No wonder you motorized it, and maybe it does need ABS -- and a heated seat.. When it comes time to motorize, I'm getting a Trek super-commuter, hopefully pro deal.

snip

If you'd asked me politely, I would told you. What you believe is irrelevant. I don't care about your faith or sex practices. as long as you practice both behind closed doors.

Huh?

snip

As for Slow Johnny, he's a bully (and the ugliest of the Ugly Americans) and should be put down. Often, if we can't get away with doing it permanently.

We're all adults (?).

You first, and then persuade Slow Johnny, Franki-boy, Peter Howard in all his sock puppets, and Rideablot to behave like human beings, and then I'll think about it.

I would think you would do it out of self-respect.

Really? I would have thought a lawyer would have more sense than to make an "I won't respect you in morning" argument to someone like me. It's an insult to think I'd fall for something so hackneyed. You still believe I care **** what you think. On the contrary, I lost all respect for you, and with it any imperative to the social niceties, when you joined that scum in hounding Tom and me.

No, its more of an "act like an adult" argument. Hardly hounding and no more than I would expect from a man of your age and social standing.

In any event, I'm just showing those losers, in their own methods, how it is done by someone with brains. Why should I give up efficient methods because they bother you? I didn't see you complain when Krygowski assaulted my free speech?

In addition, it is hypocritical for you to keep needling me, and then to blame me for responding in kind. In short, get out of my face and I won't be in yours.

Imagine James Joyce acting that way.

In real life James Joyce was an insensitive asshole. If you knew anything about literature, you would know that. Since I do know about literature and is personalities, I don't have to imagine how Joyce acted: I already know..

I was going to say Jesus, but he wasn't Irish. Even if Joyce set a low bar, its still higher than "Franki-boy" and "Slow Johnny," which is basically third grade -- not tortured genius. Maybe its "stable genius," which is a sad commentary on modern culture.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old October 25th 19, 01:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Friday, October 25, 2019 at 12:46:27 AM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, October 24, 2019 at 2:27:21 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
snip

If you mean my Kranich is a "boat-anchor", you haven't been paying attention. The specially drawn tubes from Columbus make the frame lighter than my ali Trek Smover and my ali Gazelle Toulouse. You're mouthing off your prejudices, just like Krygowski and Slow Johnny. Try facts for a change.

Gads. Doesn't the Gazelle Toulouse weigh as much as an actual gazelle?

Which gazelle? Gazelles make up a family of buck, not a descriptor of an individual breed. Slow Johnny will look it up for you.

[...]

If you insist on being infantile...

BTW, I'm exhausted just looking at that bike.

It has that effect on people with short attention spans.

Too many tubes! http://coolmainpress.com/AndreJute%27sUtopiaKranich.pdf

They all serve a purpose, but I shan't waste my time explaining. You wouldn't understand anyway. There are some useful hints on designing chassis frames by analogy to known-successful frames in my textbook DESIGNING AND BUILDING SPECIAL CARS that would probably be more your speed.

It gives me cutting/brazing/filing PTSD.

An unexpected bonus.

The brass or silver rod for that bike probably weights two pounds by itself.

Gee, that little? If you had been paying attention, you would have noticed that I posted a film of a 90-year-old man handling the frame with one hand while painting gold coachlines with the other hand.

No wonder you motorized it, and maybe it does need ABS -- and a heated seat. When it comes time to motorize, I'm getting a Trek super-commuter, hopefully pro deal.

I have no idea what that is, and I'll leave it to you. I'm looking into a Honda Gold Wing because the owner group is more agreeable.

snip

If you'd asked me politely, I would told you. What you believe is irrelevant. I don't care about your faith or sex practices. as long as you practice both behind closed doors.

Huh?

You snipped the context, which is in your remark "I believe you are referring to a group of riders" etc. Belief = faith, see? It's pun, as Tom was trying to help you out by explaining.

[...]

Expect away, all you like. I find peer pressure amusing.

In any event, I'm just showing those losers, in their own methods, how it is done by someone with brains. Why should I give up efficient methods because they bother you? I didn't see you complain when Krygowski assaulted my free speech?

In addition, it is hypocritical for you to keep needling me, and then to blame me for responding in kind. In short, get out of my face and I won't be in yours.

Imagine James Joyce acting that way.

In real life James Joyce was an insensitive asshole. If you knew anything about literature, you would know that. Since I do know about literature and is personalities, I don't have to imagine how Joyce acted: I already know.

I was going to say Jesus, but he wasn't Irish. Even if Joyce set a low bar, its still higher than "Franki-boy" and "Slow Johnny," which is basically third grade --

For a lawyer you have an extremely poor grasp of psychology. The intellectual level of acid drip-dripping on their souls is determined by those two stoopids, not by me. I'm too old a hand to be overcome by my own cleverness.

not tortured genius.

Nothing tortured about me, sport. I'm just a businessman who happens to be a polymath. And a small town moralist: I don't let provincial scum push me around.

Maybe its "stable genius," which is a sad commentary on modern culture.

Are you drunk?

And you don't know **** about culture either, modern or otherwise, if you think a genius should be tortured. I recommend you read Jacques Barzun's history of modern culture. That should keep you out of the pubs for a couple of years or five. You can ask me for an explanation if you don't understand what Barzun says.

-- Jay Beattie.

Andre Jute
Is that all there is? -- Coulda been the title of a movie
Old October 25th 19, 04:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Thursday, October 24, 2019 at 5:46:35 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Friday, October 25, 2019 at 12:46:27 AM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, October 24, 2019 at 2:27:21 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
snip

If you mean my Kranich is a "boat-anchor", you haven't been paying attention. The specially drawn tubes from Columbus make the frame lighter than my ali Trek Smover and my ali Gazelle Toulouse. You're mouthing off your prejudices, just like Krygowski and Slow Johnny. Try facts for a change.

Gads. Doesn't the Gazelle Toulouse weigh as much as an actual gazelle?

Which gazelle? Gazelles make up a family of buck, not a descriptor of an individual breed. Slow Johnny will look it up for you.

The logo looks like a Thompson's Gazelle, which is about right weight-wise.

snip

In real life James Joyce was an insensitive asshole. If you knew anything about literature, you would know that. Since I do know about literature and is personalities, I don't have to imagine how Joyce acted: I already know.

I was going to say Jesus, but he wasn't Irish. Even if Joyce set a low bar, its still higher than "Franki-boy" and "Slow Johnny," which is basically third grade --

For a lawyer you have an extremely poor grasp of psychology. The intellectual level of acid drip-dripping on their souls is determined by those two stoopids, not by me. I'm too old a hand to be overcome by my own cleverness..

not tortured genius.

Nothing tortured about me, sport. I'm just a businessman who happens to be a polymath. And a small town moralist: I don't let provincial scum push me around.

To be clear, I was referring to Joyce as the tortured genius. Not you.

Maybe its "stable genius," which is a sad commentary on modern culture.

Are you drunk?

Probably not tonight.

And you don't know **** about culture either, modern or otherwise, if you think a genius should be tortured. I recommend you read Jacques Barzun's history of modern culture. That should keep you out of the pubs for a couple of years or five. You can ask me for an explanation if you don't understand what Barzun says.

Interestingly, Barzun and my grandfather taught at Columbia College/University at the same time. Small world.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old October 25th 19, 06:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 17:46:32 -0700, Andre Jute wrote:

I have no idea what that is, and I'll leave it to you. I'm looking into
a Honda Gold Wing because the owner group is more agreeable.

Lol, don't by a "bike' you can not pick up when you drop it.

Old October 25th 19, 06:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Friday, October 25, 2019 at 4:19:16 AM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, October 24, 2019 at 5:46:35 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Friday, October 25, 2019 at 12:46:27 AM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, October 24, 2019 at 2:27:21 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
snip

If you mean my Kranich is a "boat-anchor", you haven't been paying attention. The specially drawn tubes from Columbus make the frame lighter than my ali Trek Smover and my ali Gazelle Toulouse. You're mouthing off your prejudices, just like Krygowski and Slow Johnny. Try facts for a change.

Gads. Doesn't the Gazelle Toulouse weigh as much as an actual gazelle?

Which gazelle? Gazelles make up a family of buck, not a descriptor of an individual breed. Slow Johnny will look it up for you.

The logo looks like a Thompson's Gazelle, which is about right weight-wise.

I often saw herds of Thompson's Gazelle in East Africa. They stand about two feet high at the shoulder, so they should weight maybe 40 to 60 pounds. I'd really have to load my Gazelle up with painting gear to reach anything like that. Try again. Here's a tip to avoid wasting everyone's time: Springbok might be about right.

snip

[...]

Oh, good. I'd hate to be mistaken for victim of my own navel. Try to be clear the first time round. I have other activities calling to me urgently. I want to print some woodblocks and engravings I made before it gets too cold to dry the ink naturally.

Maybe its "stable genius," which is a sad commentary on modern culture..

Are you drunk?

Probably not tonight.

And you don't know **** about culture either, modern or otherwise, if you think a genius should be tortured. I recommend you read Jacques Barzun's history of modern culture. That should keep you out of the pubs for a couple of years or five. You can ask me for an explanation if you don't understand what Barzun says.

Interestingly, Barzun and my grandfather taught at Columbia College/University at the same time. Small world.

Right, then you already know you'll get the straight gen from Barzun. No excuse for cultural illiteracy will be accepted after today.

-- Jay Beattie.

Yada yada yada.

Andre Jute
Honda's Gold Wing is starting to look better to me by the hour
Old October 25th 19, 06:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Thursday, October 24, 2019 at 5:12:13 AM UTC+1, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

This is probably closer to the truth than Shimano wants you to blare out:

Shimano's problem is "Now that we have an eBike, what else can we do
with the electrical system"?

The next development in generic e-bike motors will be a torque sensor. Bosch/Panasonic already have one in service and by all account satisfactorily of several years. The purpose is adjusting the electrical assistance to the cyclist. But the instantaneous torque, more specifically peaks in the instantaneous torque reading, will make a fine surrogate to predicting that a driven wheel has lost or at least suffered a decline in road-interface friction. I mention this because Bosch and Panasonic probably have the more direct means of measuring torque tied up in nice expensive patent bow, so Shimano will have to do something else, which I for one, on Shimano's history, think will be clever and will work well.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

Andre Jute
The things that shoot through your mind in them moment before sleep overcomes you...
Old October 25th 19, 09:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Fri, 25 Oct 2019 05:28:45 -0000 (UTC), news18
wrote:

On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 17:46:32 -0700, Andre Jute wrote:

I have no idea what that is, and I'll leave it to you. I'm looking into
a Honda Gold Wing because the owner group is more agreeable.

Lol, don't by a "bike' you can not pick up when you drop it.

https://www.motorcycle.com/specs/honda/
A 2019 Gold Wing seems to cost $23,800, and the Gold Wing Tour costs
$27,000.

Back when Jute was building his electric bicycle he was bemoaning the
cost of the yearly tax on small motorcycles and decided on the
electric bicycle as there was no tax.

And now he is going to buy one :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old October 25th 19, 09:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Eric Pozharski

with Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 07:36:24 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

https://cyclingindustry.news/shimano...tem-for-bikes/

*SKIP*
Shimano's problem is "Now that we have an eBike, what else can we do
with the electrical system"? The eBike already has electrical head
and tail lights. Electrically actuated brakes and shifters are
already patented and can probably be integrated in an eBike electrical
system. There's probably something patented to electrically power
accessories (cell phone, GPS, performance monitoring, night vision,
cable lock, horn, bell, etc). Not much left that could be patented.
Might as well patent something that nobody really needs of wants, but
might prove useful should someone else try to make and sell it. That's
the logic of a patent troll and has been used to justify an amazing
collection of useless devices in anticipation of the associated
science fiction becoming reality.

Is it time to nag them with "$himano"?

*CUT*

Old October 25th 19, 02:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

wrote:

On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 17:46:32 -0700, Andre Jute wrote:

I have no idea what that is, and I'll leave it to you. I'm looking into
a Honda Gold Wing because the owner group is more agreeable.

Lol, don't by a "bike' you can not pick up when you drop it.

https://www.motorcycle.com/specs/honda/
A 2019 Gold Wing seems to cost $23,800, and the Gold Wing Tour costs
$27,000.

Back when Jute was building his electric bicycle he was bemoaning the
cost of the yearly tax on small motorcycles and decided on the
electric bicycle as there was no tax.

And now he is going to buy one :-)

This is all to the good. A) He'd have to actually sell some writing (God knows
where) to raise the money. That means he'd have less time for trolling here.
B) He could move his pollution to a Honda Gold Wing discussion group.

- Frank Krygowski
Old October 25th 19, 03:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

wrote:

On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 17:46:32 -0700, Andre Jute wrote:

I have no idea what that is, and I'll leave it to you. I'm looking into
a Honda Gold Wing because the owner group is more agreeable.

Lol, don't by a "bike' you can not pick up when you drop it.

https://www.motorcycle.com/specs/honda/
A 2019 Gold Wing seems to cost $23,800, and the Gold Wing Tour costs
$27,000.

Back when Jute was building his electric bicycle he was bemoaning the
cost of the yearly tax on small motorcycles and decided on the
electric bicycle as there was no tax.

And now he is going to buy one :-)

This is all to the good. A) He'd have to actually sell some writing (God knows
where) to raise the money. That means he'd have less time for trolling here.
B) He could move his pollution to a Honda Gold Wing discussion group.

- Frank Krygowski

If people didn't reply to them the Trolls would most likely go elsewhere. Every reply to a Troll just encourages them to post more.

Cheers