First I'd heard of this....

Old January 30th 13, 02:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default First I'd heard of this....

....but it sounds horrific.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-21242077

QUOTE:
Mr Lovell is due to appear before North Avon Magistrates' Court on
Wednesday charged with two counts of causing death by dangerous driving.

Mr Lovell, 38, of West Street, Oldland Common, has also been charged
with driving while disqualified, driving with no insurance and failing
to stop at the scene of a collision.

The car allegedly involved in the crash was being followed by police at
the time of the incident.
ENDQUOTE

Whatever happened to the media habit of referring to a person charged
with an offence by the surname only?
Old January 30th 13, 01:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Anonymous wrote:
In article
jnugent wrote:

...but it sounds horrific.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-21242077

QUOTE:
Mr Lovell is due to appear before North Avon Magistrates' Court on
Wednesday charged with two counts of causing death by dangerous
driving.

Mr Lovell, 38, of West Street, Oldland Common, has also been charged
with driving while disqualified, driving with no insurance and
failing to stop at the scene of a collision.

The car allegedly involved in the crash was being followed by police
at the time of the incident.
ENDQUOTE

Whatever happened to the media habit of referring to a person charged
with an offence by the surname only?

You sometimes say interesting things so I am not going to dump you
but I'm afraid I'm missing the cycling connection.

the dead couple were riding a tandem

Old January 30th 13, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alex

Anonymous wrote:

In article
jnugent wrote:

...but it sounds horrific.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-21242077

QUOTE:
Mr Lovell is due to appear before North Avon Magistrates' Court on
Wednesday charged with two counts of causing death by dangerous driving.

Mr Lovell, 38, of West Street, Oldland Common, has also been charged
with driving while disqualified, driving with no insurance and failing
to stop at the scene of a collision.

The car allegedly involved in the crash was being followed by police at
the time of the incident.
ENDQUOTE

Whatever happened to the media habit of referring to a person charged
with an offence by the surname only?

You sometimes say interesting things so I am not going to dump you
but I'm afraid I'm missing the cycling connection.

Didn't you read the first line (it's in bold print) of the article in
the link given by the OP?

Old January 30th 13, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Anonymous" wrote in message

Whatever happened to the media habit of referring to a person charged
with an offence by the surname only?

You sometimes say interesting things so I am not going to dump you
but I'm afraid I'm missing the cycling connection.

I'm sure narrowly escaping the killfile of someone hiding behind an
anonymous remailer is of great comfort to him.

Old January 30th 13, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alex

Anonymous wrote:

In article emailer.net
Fritz Wuehler wrote:

In article
Alex wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

In article
jnugent wrote:

[...]

No, too many false links have been posted here.

Alex, if you are going to chase me about please say what I was
going to say before me so I don't have to say it.

Please.

It is nice to have a puppy but it should know what is expected of
it.

Oops! Sorry, am I annoying you? It's only a bit of fun (as well as an
education). And if I had read this post before sending off that silly
"Queen" lyric in that other group, well, I wouldn't have sent it.

Old January 31st 13, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alex

Anonymous wrote:

In article
Alex wrote:

Oops! Sorry, am I annoying you? It's only a bit of fun (as well as an
education). And if I had read this post before sending off that silly
"Queen" lyric in that other group, well, I wouldn't have sent it.

What are you interested in? Maybe I can help you to achieve what
you want.

Ooo, where would I start with that one. Under different circumstances,
I can envisage myself being very pleased to hear those words... good
of you, anyway.

Old January 31st 13, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alex

Fritz Wuehler wrote:

In article
Alex wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

In article emailer.net
Fritz Wuehler wrote:

In article
Alex wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

In article
jnugent wrote:

[...]

You are a nice person and you can say whatever you like.

I think you should find yourself rather than following me. Every
person must find the people they want to respond to on usenet.

The reason I say that is because I have old **** to deal with and I
hope you as a possibly younger person should forge your own way
rather than making the same mistakes as me.

Are you cool with that?

I wish you all the best.

I am very cool with what you have written there... the message was
apprehendable as well as kind and considerate.

Old January 31st 13, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alex

Dave U. Random wrote:

In article
Alex wrote:

I am very cool with what you have written there... the message was
apprehendable as well as kind and considerate.

did you post a link to one of Queen's better songs or one of the
bad ones?

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if it was their biggest hit and it
wasn't this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q07Zp7tQBRQ