Woman on crossing mown down by cylist

Old January 11th 13, 07:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder

Default Woman on crossing mown down by cylist

"Lieutenant Scott" wrote in message
newsp.wqra9mjsytk5n5@i7-940...
On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 23:39:25 -0000, Mrcheerful
wrote:

"Lieutenant Scott" wrote in message
newsp.wqpx7jxlytk5n5@i7-940...
On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 22:48:08 -0000, Mrcheerful

wrote:

"Lieutenant Scott" wrote in message
newsp.wqprnjqwytk5n5@i7-940...
On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 17:34:21 -0000, Simon Weissel
wrote:

On 10/01/2013 17:29, soup wrote:

There was a case a while ago of someone tripping over and falling
onto
knife left upright in their dishwasher which had the rather tragic
result of cutting their life short.

Tragic? I'd say hilarious.

There's a German spoof health and safety video somewhere (I can't find
it)
with a woman falling onto a dishwasher cutlery drawer.

While this is rare, it does make
sense to place your knives pointy end down when putting them in the
dishwasher, just in case.

They clean better pointy end up.

These things can happen, so we may as well all guard against them
happening to us.

No, we may aswell not guard against something which happens to 1 in 50
million people.

Decent quality dishwashers have a cutlery drawer.

Why would that be any better?

No possibility of knives blade upwards

It's a very remote possibility, so can be ignored.

It is a better system, every bit of cutlery is separate from each other

Which presumably means it takes longer to put them in. I can just put a
bundle in mine in one go.

which means they are better cleaned

I've never had a dirty piece of cutlery come out of it.

and (if you have valuable cutlery) no
chance of rubbing against each other and getting scratched.

Snob. I prefer products to be a tough quality rather than a fancy
quality.

If you have a
huge kitchen the whole drawer insert can just go straight into a drawer
and
you put the spare insert into the washer.

If you have a huge kitchen you should have a maid.

He is talking about the sharpest knife in the drawer, you stupid ****.

Old January 11th 13, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
soup[_7_]

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
Shut up you silly pedant.

Shouldn't that be? :-

Shut up, you silly pedant.
Old January 11th 13, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"PhilO" wrote in message
On Friday, January 11, 2013 1:43:54 PM UTC, Mrcheerful wrote:

are you making a 'faulty' search?

Alays a possibility. Unlike Dave, I do admit to being wrong sometimes.

Dave claimed that in 2006 Tony Raven posted:
"A cyclist cannot possibly kill a pedestrian, they lack the kinetic
energy, only motorists kill pedestrians".

I cannot find this post (but have found ones that contradict that opinion)

If anyone can give a link to the post Dave claims he found, it would be
appreciated

You need a newsreader with a decent search function, Google won't be much
help. If you look hard enough, you can see almost every cyclist who makes a
claim of some sort, contradicts that claim completely in another post. Maybe
he was being facetious with the "kinetic energy" post but that doesn't make
it "un-said".

Old January 11th 13, 09:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Lieutenant Scott

wrote:

[...]

It only takes seconds to lay the cutlery in the dividers.

The whole point of a dishwasher is to save time. Extra seconds could mean just washing them by hand would be quicker.

The other reasons
I listed are not ones that apply to me. Other great uses for the cutlery
drawer on a dishwasher is washing smaller things that would fall through the
normal grid, such as children's toys like lego. Once you have had a d/w
with a separate cutlery drawer you would really miss it if you had to go to
one without.

The bottom of my cutlery basket has very small holes, I could put even lego 1s in there.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

As the coffin was being lowered into the ground at a Traffic Wardens funeral, a voice from inside screams:
"I'm not dead, I'm not dead. Let me out!"
The Vicar smiles, leans forward sucking air through his teeth and mutters:
"Too late pal, I've already done the paperwork"
Old January 11th 13, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Lieutenant Scott" wrote in message
newsp.wqrmw0s1ytk5n5@i7-940...

The other reasons
I listed are not ones that apply to me. Other great uses for the cutlery
drawer on a dishwasher is washing smaller things that would fall through
the
normal grid, such as children's toys like lego. Once you have had a d/w
with a separate cutlery drawer you would really miss it if you had to go
one without.

The bottom of my cutlery basket has very small holes, I could put even
lego 1s in there.

Congrats, you've found another receptacle which could easily hold your cock
and your brain simultaneously.

Old January 11th 13, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Lieutenant Scott

wrote:

[...]

Who let that Northerner in here?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

A foursome of ladies was standing on a tee when a streaker ran across the fairway in front of them. One lady asks, "Is that Dick Green?"
Another replied, "No, I think it's just the reflection off the grass."
Old January 11th 13, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Lieutenant Scott

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 19:24:37 -0000, soup wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
Shut up you silly pedant.

Shouldn't that be? :-

Shut up, you silly pedant.

The meaning isn't changed.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

The tired doctor was awakened by a phone call in the middle of the night. "Please, you have to come right over," pleaded the distraught young mother. "My child has swallowed a contraceptive."
The physician dressed quickly, but before he could get out the door, the phone rang again.
"You don't have to come over after all," the woman said with a sigh of relief. "My husband just found another one."
Old January 11th 13, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
soup[_7_]

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 19:24:37 -0000, soup wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
Shut up you silly pedant.

Shouldn't that be? :-

Shut up, you silly pedant.

The meaning isn't changed.

B A Z I N G A !
Old January 11th 13, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Lieutenant Scott

Putting your cock near rotary equipment is a bad idea: http://youtu.be/_6C521f3dDc

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - US Marines
Old January 11th 13, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Lieutenant Scott

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 21:42:09 -0000, soup wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 19:24:37 -0000, soup wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
Shut up you silly pedant.

Shouldn't that be? :-

Shut up, you silly pedant.

The meaning isn't changed.

B A Z I N G A !

Then why bother pressing an extra key?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

I've had bad luck with both my wives. The first one left me and the second one didn't.