Woman on crossing mown down by cylist

Old January 11th 13, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Stanley Daniel de Liver

Default Woman on crossing mown down by cylist

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 21:42:09 -0000, soup wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 19:24:37 -0000, soup
wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
Shut up you silly pedant.

Shouldn't that be? :-

Shut up, you silly pedant.

The meaning isn't changed.

B A Z I N G A !

G A Z U N D A!

--
[dash dash space newline 4line sig]

Money/Life question
Old January 12th 13, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 11/01/2013 19:24, soup wrote:
Lieutenant Scott wrote:
Shut up you silly pedant.

Shouldn't that be? :-

Shut up, you silly pedant.

:-)

vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."
Old January 12th 13, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Lieutenant Scott

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 19:24:37 -0000, soup
wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
Shut up you silly pedant.

Shouldn't that be? :-

Shut up, you silly pedant.

The meaning isn't changed.

B A Z I N G A !

G A Z U N D A!

Bless you.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Do not adjust your mind - the fault is with reality.
Old January 14th 13, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Friday, January 11, 2013 6:42:03 PM UTC, Dave VOR wrote:

are you making a 'faulty' search?

Alays a possibility. Unlike Dave, I do admit to being wrong sometimes.

I'm "Alays" right.

Ooh, Dave, you are funny!

Dave claimed that in 2006 Tony Raven posted:

"A cyclist cannot possibly kill a pedestrian, they lack the kinetic
energy, only motorists kill pedestrians".

I cannot find this post (but have found ones that contradict that opinion)

If anyone can give a link to the post Dave claims he found, it would be appreciated

Are you so thick you can't search Google Groups properly?

Entirely possible.
I can't find a link to the quote you posted. Can you provide one, please.
Old January 14th 13, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Friday, January 11, 2013 8:26:43 PM UTC, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:
"PhilO" wrote in message

On Friday, January 11, 2013 1:43:54 PM UTC, Mrcheerful wrote:

Dave claimed that in 2006 Tony Raven posted:
"A cyclist cannot possibly kill a pedestrian, they lack the kinetic
energy, only motorists kill pedestrians".

I cannot find this post (but have found ones that contradict that opinion)

If anyone can give a link to the post Dave claims he found, it would be
appreciated

You need a newsreader with a decent search function, Google won't be much
help. If you look hard enough, you can see almost every cyclist who makes a
claim of some sort, contradicts that claim completely in another post. Maybe
he was being facetious with the "kinetic energy" post but that doesn't make
it "un-said".

Yes, but can anyone actually provide a link to where it was said?
Old January 14th 13, 10:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

"PhilO" wrote in message

On Friday, January 11, 2013 1:43:54 PM UTC, Mrcheerful wrote:

Dave claimed that in 2006 Tony Raven posted:
"A cyclist cannot possibly kill a pedestrian, they lack the kinetic
energy, only motorists kill pedestrians".

I cannot find this post (but have found ones that contradict that
opinion)

If anyone can give a link to the post Dave claims he found, it
would be appreciated

You need a newsreader with a decent search function, Google won't be
much help. If you look hard enough, you can see almost every cyclist
who makes a claim of some sort, contradicts that claim completely in
another post. Maybe he was being facetious with the "kinetic energy"
post but that doesn't make it "un-said".

Yes, but can anyone actually provide a link to where it was said?

Simon has many special home written apps. that are useful for google groups.

Old January 14th 13, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Monday, January 14, 2013 10:26:55 AM UTC, Mrcheerful wrote:

Yes, but can anyone actually provide a link to where it was said?

Simon has many special home written apps. that are useful for google groups.

But Simon doesn't post here, so another pointless Cheerless post.

Maybe Dave could provide a link - he is the one that posted the quote.
Old January 14th 13, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 14/01/2013 08:57, PhilO wrote:
On Friday, January 11, 2013 6:42:03 PM UTC, Dave VOR wrote:

are you making a 'faulty' search?

Alays a possibility. Unlike Dave, I do admit to being wrong sometimes.

I'm "Alays" right.

Ooh, Dave, you are funny!

I know. One of my many talents.

Dave claimed that in 2006 Tony Raven posted:

"A cyclist cannot possibly kill a pedestrian, they lack the kinetic
energy, only motorists kill pedestrians".

I cannot find this post (but have found ones that contradict that opinion)

If anyone can give a link to the post Dave claims he found, it would be appreciated

Are you so thick you can't search Google Groups properly?

Entirely possible.

I believe that.

I can't find a link to the quote you posted. Can you provide one, please.

Does anyone else have trouble finding them?

Old January 14th 13, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 14/01/2013 10:41, PhilO wrote:
On Monday, January 14, 2013 10:26:55 AM UTC, Mrcheerful wrote:

Yes, but can anyone actually provide a link to where it was said?

Simon has many special home written apps. that are useful for google groups.

But Simon doesn't post here, so another pointless Cheerless post.

Maybe Dave could provide a link - he is the one that posted the quote.

I've posted the comments, it's not my job to make up for your incompetence.

You seem to be the only one having trouble finding them. Is it because
you don't want to find them?

Old January 14th 13, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

"Dave - Cyclists VOR" wrote in message ...

[...]

Not me. Admittedly I didn't find all of them, but then again I found enough
quickly to satisfy my curiosity. Couldn't be arsed to spend too much time on
it.