Changing

Old February 11th 05, 07:29 PM
small change

Default Changing

...the ski bars back out for the bike racks. Unheard of this time of year!!
Of course I cant' complain but it's just bizarre. I have a feeling we'll be
hurting for moisture come the end of July or so. All the major riding areas
are open, up to 4000' elevation!!!

come to think of it, I need to get out this afternoon...

Penny

Old February 11th 05, 07:35 PM
Michael Dart

small change wrote:
..the ski bars back out for the bike racks. Unheard of this time of
year!! Of course I cant' complain but it's just bizarre. I have a
feeling we'll be hurting for moisture come the end of July or so. All
the major riding areas are open, up to 4000' elevation!!!

come to think of it, I need to get out this afternoon...

I saw that on the news and thought of you guys. Folks were skiing on rocks.
I didn't get to put the sticks on this season either. I had paid for a
season pass too!

Oh well you roll the dice...

Mike

Old February 11th 05, 10:00 PM
Mike Kennedy

Yeah, I have my bike in the back of the truck right now and I am heading
out to hit the Boise foothills shortly. The trails look good all the way up
to 5000' here as well.

I have to give our groomers credit up at Bogus Basin for keeping the Nordic
trails usable. I had a great ski there yesterday after work and got to enjoy
the beautiful clear sky.

Mike

Old February 14th 05, 02:55 PM
Craig Brossman

small change wrote:
..the ski bars back out for the bike racks. Unheard of this time of year!!
Of course I cant' complain but it's just bizarre. I have a feeling we'll be
hurting for moisture come the end of July or so. All the major riding areas
are open, up to 4000' elevation!!!

come to think of it, I need to get out this afternoon...

Penny

Good luck to you guys, we know down here how dry years can be.
We have 1/2 of our yearly moisture already for the year, it has been
warm, but very very wet.
In fact I may have to bag the biking trip to Phoenix because it could be
too wet

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
remove "mydebt" to reply
Old February 14th 05, 05:41 PM
G.T.

"Craig Brossman" wrote in message
small change wrote:
..the ski bars back out for the bike racks. Unheard of this time of

year!!
Of course I cant' complain but it's just bizarre. I have a feeling we'll

be
hurting for moisture come the end of July or so. All the major riding

areas
are open, up to 4000' elevation!!!

come to think of it, I need to get out this afternoon...

Penny

Good luck to you guys, we know down here how dry years can be.
We have 1/2 of our yearly moisture already for the year, it has been
warm, but very very wet.
In fact I may have to bag the biking trip to Phoenix because it could be
too wet

We have 9" more than our average yearly total but it's never too wet in the
desert. We rode the local desert right after the rain on Saturday and not a
speck of mud. Just nice moist dg.

GT
--
"I know what I know
I do what I do

Old February 14th 05, 10:51 PM
Craig Brossman

G.T. wrote:
"Craig Brossman" wrote in message
Good luck to you guys, we know down here how dry years can be.
We have 1/2 of our yearly moisture already for the year, it has been
warm, but very very wet.
In fact I may have to bag the biking trip to Phoenix because it could be
too wet

We have 9" more than our average yearly total but it's never too wet in the
desert. We rode the local desert right after the rain on Saturday and not a
speck of mud. Just nice moist dg.

GT

That should have said 1/3, not 1/2, but regarding too wet near Phoenix.
I am planing on camping with my son this weekend at McDowell Mtn. If it
rains at all during the week and is cloudy the rest, will trail riding
be a bad idea?
I would guess the trails in that area are mostly sand and therefor drain
quite well, how wrong am I?
Old February 15th 05, 02:40 AM
Michael Dart

Craig Brossman wrote:
small change wrote:
..the ski bars back out for the bike racks. Unheard of this time of
year!! Of course I cant' complain but it's just bizarre. I have a
feeling we'll be hurting for moisture come the end of July or so.
All the major riding areas are open, up to 4000' elevation!!!

come to think of it, I need to get out this afternoon...

Penny

Good luck to you guys, we know down here how dry years can be.
We have 1/2 of our yearly moisture already for the year, it has been
warm, but very very wet.
In fact I may have to bag the biking trip to Phoenix because it could
be too wet

When are you coming to Phoenix? So far it's been wet but the trails are so
rocky, esp. South Mtn, they stay rideable. The rain is less than
persistant too. I rode SoMo National yesterday after all day rain Sat. and
it was wet in a few spots but incredibly humid. I felt like I was back home
in Virginia. But Desert Classic was primo by the afternoon.

Mike - another couple weeks and I'll damn near be a local.

Old February 15th 05, 02:37 PM
GeeDubb

Michael Dart wrote:
Craig Brossman wrote:
small change wrote:
[...]

Kind of make you wonder why you aren't moving here......

I still say we have 365 days a year of riding here.

And skiing 2 hrs away. Nearly 20" of new snow this past Saturday at Snow
Bowl though the mountain was covered in clouds and you couldn't see and
driving up was damn scary with the heavy rain and hydroplaning
effect..........

Gary

Old February 15th 05, 02:42 PM
GeeDubb

Craig Brossman wrote:
G.T. wrote:
"Craig Brossman" wrote in message
Good luck to you guys, we know down here how dry years can be.
We have 1/2 of our yearly moisture already for the year, it has been
warm, but very very wet.
In fact I may have to bag the biking trip to Phoenix because it
could be too wet

We have 9" more than our average yearly total but it's never too wet
in the desert. We rode the local desert right after the rain on
Saturday and not a speck of mud. Just nice moist dg.

GT

That should have said 1/3, not 1/2, but regarding too wet near
Phoenix. I am planing on camping with my son this weekend at McDowell
Mtn. If it rains at all during the week and is cloudy the rest, will
trail riding be a bad idea?
I would guess the trails in that area are mostly sand and therefor
drain quite well, how wrong am I?

Mike pretty much summed it up. Most trails are rocky or sandy and drain
well. McDowell tends to be muddier than most areas and a lot of the trail
runs through washes. The trails on South Mountain are mostly rock with few
areas of soil other than sand so rideable even when raining.

The first day Mike and I rode on Trail 100 we split the rain storms and had
little mud to contend with even though there was a lot of running and
standing water as we rode.

Weather forecast is most of the rain on Friday and tapering off on Saturday.

Gary

Old February 15th 05, 03:27 PM
Craig Brossman

Michael Dart wrote:
Craig Brossman wrote:

Good luck to you guys, we know down here how dry years can be.
We have 1/2 of our yearly moisture already for the year, it has been
warm, but very very wet.
In fact I may have to bag the biking trip to Phoenix because it could
be too wet

When are you coming to Phoenix? So far it's been wet but the trails are so
rocky, esp. South Mtn, they stay rideable. The rain is less than
persistant too. I rode SoMo National yesterday after all day rain Sat. and
it was wet in a few spots but incredibly humid. I felt like I was back home
in Virginia. But Desert Classic was primo by the afternoon.

Mike - another couple weeks and I'll damn near be a local.

Planing on a 3 day weekend w/ some friends and my 11 y.o. son.
Are plans are to camp at McDowell Mtn and ride in that area, I don't
want to get into anything too difficult with my son, he has to have fun!
The rides around McDowell sound perfect for him.
--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
remove "mydebt" to reply

Ebay fraudster changing tactics? Werehatrack Techniques 2 December 12th 04 09:17 AM
Changing the gearing on a crankset? Sean M. Cunningham Techniques 4 October 26th 04 09:46 AM
Changing forks dannyfrankszzz UK 9 June 23rd 04 09:10 PM
Changing front suspension forks to rigid forks dannyfrankszzz UK 14 May 30th 04 09:03 PM
Advice on (limits to) changing cassette sought John L UK 9 March 25th 04 12:42 AM