urc's resident "troll feeder"

Old January 30th 09, 07:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ian Smith

Default urc's resident "troll feeder"

On Thu, 29 Jan, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On 29 Jan 2009 22:32:38 GMT, Ian Smith said
in :

1: Their aim is to damage the group, the way in which that is done is
irrelevant. As it happens, you seem intent on helping them along.
2: The group has not been turned against itself, only againt the three
people doing the damage - Nuxxy, judith and you.

So, given that I have deleted unread every nuxxious emission for
quite some time and have also deleted unread everything from judith
and added every single new nym used by it without any reply, since
before Christmas, what else do I need to do to *now* to stop them
trolling, Ian?

Keep it up for at least a year - you're so badly caked in the mire
that basically I trust you only fractionally more than them. You've
wallowed in it so badly, so long, with such glee, and in the face of
so many requests, pleading, begging and ridicule that it's going to
take a lot more than a month for me to believe that it's any more than
one of the previous temporary flashes you've been through.

Just as even if judith started talking sense, I'm unlikely to find out
about it for a year or more, you've burnt your bridges long ago. You
can't simply swan across them now as if they still existed.

You did it. You live with it. Tough.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|
Old January 30th 09, 08:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 23:42:19 -0000, "Adam Lea"
said in :

Seconded. The only issue I had with it is that it seems to give the
impression that it is wrong to justify why one made a decision if that
decision turned out to be wrong for whatever reason. Sometimes you have to
make decisions without having all the facts available to you.

It's also a bit long winded at times and inclined to labour a point.
But still a compelling read.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
GPG sig #3FA3BCDE http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/pgp-public-key.txt
Old January 30th 09, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On 30 Jan 2009 07:59:49 GMT, Ian Smith said
in :

Keep it up for at least a year

I have no problem with that. I just hope my killfile does not reach
critical mass and explode with the constant nym-shifting :-)

Old January 30th 09, 08:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alan Braggins

In article , Daniel Barlow wrote:
Ian Smith writes:

2: The group has not been turned against itself, only againt the three
people doing the damage - Nuxxy, judith and you.

If this is true, perhaps you can explain why I today had anonymous
email to tell me not to feed the trolls - given that I am not any of
those three people nor, to the best of my recollection, have replied
to them in, oh, ages.

I assume the email came from someone who reads this group, but as Is
say, there was no real name and it wasn't an email address I
recognise.

Given that one of those three is given to stirring up trouble under multiple
names, it doesn't actually disprove his claim.

But in fact I think there are divisions between those ready to leap to
the conclusion that any naive ill-informed slow to learn newcomer is
a deliberate troll faking it again (while the known trolls dance around
saying "look, groupthink, persecution, elitist clique" to encourage that
assumption), and those prepared to go on arguing with them long after most
people have concluded there is no realistic chance of educating them.
And both sides are more than one person, and neither has sharp boundaries.
Old January 30th 09, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 16:29:35 -0700 (MST), N Ron Hubbard

Wrong - I have explained my presence here - it is certainly not to
destroy the group.

It certainly isn't ever to say anything positive
about cycling. Why don't you find a newsgroup
about something you actually like?

Well thank you "N Ron Hubbard"

I make it 31 posts from you in the group.

The number actually about cycling = zero

If the cap fits - wear it.

judith

--

If you're going to make snide insinuations about the author,
as you undoubtedly did, then you can **** right off. (Guy Chapman)
Old January 30th 09, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith

On 30 Jan 2009 07:59:49 GMT, Ian Smith wrote:

[...]

Unless she posted under a totally different name of course ;-)
Old January 30th 09, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar

On Jan 30, 7:59*am, Ian Smith wrote:
[...]

Exactly what I said he

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.re...0d6e2792c2bb94

Amazingly, we agree on something. Now that you're on a roll and being
reasonable, maybe you should accept that Crapman will *never* truly
and permanently change (his terrible reputation having been built up
over many, many years), his myriad detractors will always come onto
this group while he's here, he's only using this group as a front for
his "secret" anti-car campaign anyway, and so all logical thought
points towards the fact that you need to tell him to **** off
(preferably using those exact words). Come on Jellybelly, grow a pair
and tell him where to go.
Old January 30th 09, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar

On Jan 30, 8:54*am, (Alan Braggins) wrote:
educating them.

But cameras *do* kill people. You're the ones who need educating
(those of you who don't know it full well, at least). Simply stating
the opposite doesn't change that. Are you so arrogant that you're not
even prepared to give token consideration to the possibility that you
may actually be wrong about something?
Old January 30th 09, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Naqerj

Phil W Lee wrote:
"Just zis Guy, you know?" considered Thu, 29
Jan 2009 22:38:18 +0000 the perfect time to write:

I evangelise everything I love. That includes cycling, VMware,
Quest Foglight, EMC CLARiiON SANs, baroque music, the french horn,
Volvos and model railways.

You once had a whim and you had to obey it?

In spite of the neighbours who begged him to stop.

--
Andrew