New Tactical Cycling Maneuver

Old September 24th 20, 09:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default New Tactical Cycling Maneuver

On 9/24/2020 1:56 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

If you actually search using Google to see what the laws actually are you cannot find it. This is because the police are immune to traffic laws. Not just running lights and stop signs but any other traffic law. This is nothing but another leftist tool to try and convince people that the police are subject to the same laws as everyone else and that it is cheating that they are doing to chase criminals.

Such bull****! The police are NOT immune to traffic laws. The laws
specify what they can and cannot do. That should be obvious to any
rational adult.

And Tom, maybe YOU cannot find it, but others can. As just one example:
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4511.03

I ignore most of Tom's nonsense, but once in a while I feel compelled to
post corrections. Not that he'll learn...

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old September 24th 20, 09:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

Tosspot writes:

On 24/09/2020 15.59, AMuzi wrote:
https://nypost.com/2020/09/24/a-seat...s-head-during/

Why are the cops riding bikes at night with no lights? Is that not
illegal?

None of the bike cops around here (Massachusetts, USA) seem to have
lights, although they sometimes ride at night. I have seen cops
trolling along in cars at night without lights, although not recently.

Old September 24th 20, 11:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Thu, 24 Sep 2020 09:59:03 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

https://nypost.com/2020/09/24/a-seat...s-head-during/

Hmmm. .. a policeman gets hit over the head with a baseball bat and a
protester has he head run over by a bicycle but the protester seizes
the limelight. Doesn't seem fair. Shouldn't the poor policeman get
equal attention?

--
Cheers,

John B.

Old September 24th 20, 11:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Thu, 24 Sep 2020 12:39:04 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 9/24/2020 12:03 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/24/2020 10:37 AM, Tosspot wrote:
On 24/09/2020 15.59, AMuzi wrote:
https://nypost.com/2020/09/24/a-seat...s-head-during/

Why are the cops riding bikes at night with no lights?* Is
that not illegal?

Probably. Ring 911 to ask for more police?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lling-911.html

Similar to that incident: One friend of mine lives on a lot of wooded
rural acreage. He has "No Hunting" signs posted.

He got wind of a hunter on his property and walked out to confront the
guy. As he told me, the hunter's attitude was threatening. He pointed
his gun at my friend and asked "What are you going to do about it?"

My friend faced him down, saying something like "You're not going to
shoot me." But I think that takes extraordinary courage. I'd certainly
have called the cops.

And about the "Defund" movement: ISTM that many, if not most, of those
saying that are not saying police forces should be abolished, or that
criminals should be given free rein (although I suppose there are
radical libertarians). They are instead proposing that other agencies
handle encounters that don't require an armed man in uniform.

As to radical libertarians: I suppose people who frequently say "laws
don't work, legalize everything" must be very much in favor of
abolishing police forces. I'm not one of those people.

Are there "other agencies". I believe that the Military is
specifically forbidden to act as police in U.S. territories.

Perhaps a new agency could be formed, "The Agency of Armed Force",
(TAOAF). But would that be a State or Federal force?
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old September 25th 20, 01:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

[...]

Not all that simple. You're right about the formal armed
forces but the prior administration set up armed security
branches in every Department:

This from 2012:
https://www.theblaze.com/contributio...h-armed-agents

and 2016:
https://www.dailywire.com/news/prett...s-hank-berrien

those are from a quick web search. It's a perplexing trend
to those who wonder why the Education Department needs an
assault team.

To the larger issue:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/nkvd.jpg

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old September 25th 20, 02:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 9/24/2020 6:47 PM, John B. wrote:
On Thu, 24 Sep 2020 09:59:03 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

https://nypost.com/2020/09/24/a-seat...s-head-during/

Hmmm. .. a policeman gets hit over the head with a baseball bat and a
protester has he head run over by a bicycle but the protester seizes
the limelight. Doesn't seem fair. Shouldn't the poor policeman get
equal attention?

Probably so.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old September 25th 20, 02:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 9/24/2020 8:25 PM, AMuzi wrote:

To the larger issue:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/nkvd.jpg

.... as if that's a daily occurrence in all other prosperous westernized
countries that have reasonable gun control?

Meanwhile, just a few days ago and about three miles away, some dude
barged into a house in a very quiet neighborhood at 2 AM and blasted
away, shooting four adults and one four-year-old boy. The boy died in
his mother's arms.

Oddly, no "good guy with a gun" prevented the murder.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old September 25th 20, 02:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

I think that the U.S., from it's original form of a number of
independent states, that grouped together to gain their independence
from a "foreign" country is slowly but surely being absorbed by an
ever growing federal government.

The original constitution was obviously written to guarantee the
independence of the states - "The powers not delegated to the United
States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are
reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

But today, perhaps by clever use of federal funds, the States are
becoming less and less independent. I remember years ago a bloke from
Montana, I believe, telling me that as the state had accepted federal
funds for it's highway that every single highway sign had to be
changed. To meet "U.S. standards".

--
Cheers,

John B.

Old September 25th 20, 02:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 9/24/2020 8:13 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 9/24/2020 8:25 PM, AMuzi wrote:

To the larger issue:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/nkvd.jpg

... as if that's a daily occurrence in all other prosperous
westernized countries that have reasonable gun control?

Meanwhile, just a few days ago and about three miles away,
some dude barged into a house in a very quiet neighborhood
at 2 AM and blasted away, shooting four adults and one
four-year-old boy. The boy died in his mother's arms.

Oddly, no "good guy with a gun" prevented the murder.

Read some current news about Tibet as if their history isn't
heartbreaking enough. No one should want that for his country.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ramme-in-tibet