Question about Koxx-One cranks

Old June 23rd 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
fluxusmaximus

Default Question about Koxx-One cranks

I think I've a problem with the way my pedals are being fitted. I've not
noticed how they felt like initially but noticed that it sounds loose
when I tried some unispins.

I can turn the spindle connecting my pedal to the crank slightly in
both directions easily with my fingers. I can't loosen the pedals all
the way though (it turns only about half a round in both directions)
but the symptom is identical in both pedals. Is this normal?

I heard that Koxx cranks (mine are 125 street) require washers but I'm
not sure how they look like. Are they included with the cranks/hub and
are they inbuilt? Does anyone have a picture of them and how they look
like when fixed on?

--
fluxusmaximus

http://www.usenet.com
Old June 23rd 07, 06:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
fluxusmaximus

*edit*

For some strange reason, my pedals are tight after I left them
overnight. I *think* the problem might lie with different contraction
rates of the parts in contact. Is anyone else experiencing something
similar?

--
fluxusmaximus

http://www.usenet.com
Old June 23rd 07, 06:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pyairot

washers are for old cranks (two years old i think) watevers if you use
old koxx cranks without washers for only an hour, they are destroyed
and you can't repaird it.

--
pyairot
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 24th 07, 12:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
agentQ

Id love to help but im not sure what you are sayin. There are washers
that go inbetwean the bearings on the hub and the crankarm those would
not effect your pedals. Are your pedals all the way tight? Cant you
just tighten the pedals all the way on and no more jingle jingle....
can you explain your problem a bit more clearly?

--
agentQ

*)--SmallSpin-'O,*
'Uneed Films' (http://www.uneedfilms.com)
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 24th 07, 02:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Uniman_3

u dont have that washer that goes imbetween the cranks and the bearings
on the new cranks you wont destroy them but the frame will slide side
to side..

--
Uniman_3

Words are made to strike the minds of the unsuspecting.
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 24th 07, 06:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spencer Hochberg

Uniman_3 wrote:
u dont have that washer that goes imbetween the cranks and the bearings
on the new cranks you wont destroy them but the frame will slide side
to side..

No, you are talking about the plastic spacers.

The koxx cranks I have require washers on the pedal spindles or you
will destroy the steel inserts.

--
Spencer Hochberg

'BC wheel movie.'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56195) Watch
it.
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
AIM: SpencerHochberg
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 24th 07, 06:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Uniman_3

not on mine..well they didnt come with spacers so we called rennegade
and they sent us these spacers that were aluminum and they were too
big...so we had to file them down and got them to fit...
i have the street cranks too....

Old June 24th 07, 06:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spencer Hochberg

Uniman_3 wrote:
not on mine..well they didnt come with spacers so we called rennegade
and they sent us these spacers that were aluminum and they were too
big...so we had to file them down and got them to fit...
i have the street cranks too....

Yeah, the street cranks are completely different.

Old June 24th 07, 07:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SARIN

I don't know much about the street cranks, but the trials cranks on my
buddies orange bud didn't need washers between the
pedals/cranks...however...my TrackMonster did. They sent them to me in
the box.

--
SARIN
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 24th 07, 07:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

All Koxx-one cranks that aren't the street cranks or the 140 mm cranks
need the washers. It is a thin washer that goes onto the pedal spindle.
If you don't have that washer it will destroy itself. Contact the
people who sold the cranks to you, if they don't believe that they
shoudl replace the cranks and send you the washer than I could always
forward you the email from Yoggi I got that said this washer was
needed.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)
http://www.usenet.com