koxx - isis hub, cranks etc

Old November 17th 07, 11:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Paaske

Default koxx - isis hub, cranks etc

Hey

I've decided that I need a new unicycle, and now I've taken a look at
the koxx signature. At unicycle.com - Germany I can buy it, but the
only option I have is to buy it with 90 mm cranks. Now my question is:
can I just buy another pair of isis cranks for it?

Magnus

--
Paaske
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 17th 07, 11:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Smilymarco

sure

as long as they are from koxx... koxx isis is not real isis

koxx just fits koxx

or just write roland and ask him to change the cranks if you dont want
90mm. im sure he'll do that.

--
Smilymarco

'Municycle.com' (http://www.municycle.com)

Lesen - Denken - Posten
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 17th 07, 12:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Paaske

What is the difference between koxx isis and real isis? And is it
realistic to get another hub, so I could use some other cranks?

--
Paaske
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 17th 07, 12:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sp4rky-m4rky

Buy a KH and you wont have a problem

--
sp4rky-m4rky

you may be lucky but you make your own luck

my 'videos' (http://www.youtube.com/user/c011in9s)
learning 180 or 360 unispins? watch my 'unispin tutorial'
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=gFCHDO1umlM)
Want to glide? watch my 'ww tutorial'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prrX0sY7QVo)
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 17th 07, 12:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
henkka

sp4rky-m4rky wrote:
Buy a KH and you wont have a problem

KH doesn't make freestyle unicycles.

--
henkka
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 17th 07, 12:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Niko

From all I have heard and seen I would strongly advise you against the
Signature. It is very light, looks nice and the cranks have a good
shape.
But the inserts in the cranks loosen over time (typical Koxx problem),
the frame will break sooner or later and the wheelset with 36 spokes is
not strong enough.

For sure the signature is tempting, but in the end it is not remotely
worth the money. For example a siegmono frame (you can buy them from
ajata.de) and a good Suzue wheelset with 48 spokes is a much better
combination. It will be slightly heavier due to the frame, but also
more robust and half the price.
And for that "high end feeling" you can get a carbon seatbase and the
KH Fusion Street saddle

About the crank length: If you are good enough to want the signature,
maybe you should give 90mm cranks a try? Once you get used to them you
will not look back

P.S.: "Koxx ISIS" is not ISIS (they actually violate the ISIS
trademark), we should really have a sticky in the forum for that since
so many people a rightfully confused about that.

--
Niko

-the harder you try, the dumber you look.-
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 17th 07, 12:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Smilymarco

You could also get the Nimbus X.

Its the uni i use for hockey and riding inside. I really like it.

http://tinyurl.com/27783u

(i dont have the ISIS stuff. i have the normal UDC CrMo hub with 90mm
cranks)

Old November 17th 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

uhm?
what kind of riding do you do, the unicycles named are only good for
freestle.
the KH is a much better deal... the koxx (street and trials) wheels are
just as strong as the KH. they are very beefy wheels. they are MUCH
stronger than a 48 spoked rim (excluding the nimbus, which is of
comparable strength)

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

'MY VIDEOS-for enjoyment purposes mostly'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)

The UniSLAB wrote:
Go big or go home, don't worry about those little clown tricks called
flips and wrap arounds. We don't dance with our unis, we jump them[over
trucks].

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 17th 07, 03:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Smilymarco

As he wants a Koxx signature... i was asuming he wants a freestyle.

http://tinyurl.com/2nzqd7

Old November 17th 07, 03:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Niko

I hope he wants a freestyle, why else would he choose the signature?
Of course you cant compare it with Trial/Street Unis.

P.S. Oops, overlapped with Marcos post.