Peugeot 307 Estate

Old March 18th 08, 06:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bob C

Default Peugeot 307 Estate

Will an MTB fit into a 307 estate?
--
Bob C

Old March 18th 08, 08:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Clinch

Bob C wrote:
Will an MTB fit into a 307 estate?

Either one of ours (which have racks on for extra bulk points) will fit
into a Fiesta, so you'd be having a serious case of Not Trying Very Hard
if you couldn't squeeze it into a 307 estate!

If it's proving resistive take one or both wheels and/or the seat off:
that's what those QRs are for.

Pete
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old March 18th 08, 08:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
POHB

On 18 Mar, 06:19, Bob C patnbob@unwired wrote:
Will an MTB fit into a 307 estate?

How much other stuff do you need to fit in with it? How many
passengers?
I used to get my bike in a 206 hatchback without needing to remove the
wheels, but I had to fold down the back seats and tip the front
passenger seat forward. A 406 estate will take up to 4 passengers or
4 assembled bikes or any combination in between that totals 4.
Old March 18th 08, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nigel Cliffe[_2_]

Bob C wrote:
Will an MTB fit into a 307 estate?

I'd hope so. I can get my old hard tail in the boot of a BMW 318 Compact
(not much space in back compared to FWD cars) with the rear seats up and
parcel shelf in place. And a full load of luggage for a fortnight for two
people around it. I do need a few allen keys to put it back together. I can
get a very large adult bike in the car with the seats down and front wheel
removed.

If planning to purchase a new, or relatively new car, go to the dealer with
your bike and ask permission to try. I usually suggest that they point me
to the oldest example of the body shape, and make sure my bike is clean and
not oily. I've had the occaisional double-take from the salebod, but never
a refusal. Were I refused, I would make it clear they had lost all
possibility of a sale.

- Nigel

--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/

Old March 18th 08, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Colin McKenzie

Bob C wrote:
Will an MTB fit into a 307 estate?

This isn't much information to go on. When I've put my bike in cars,
the limiting factor has been getting saddle and handlebars through the
tailgate. If you're tall, you will probably have to take the saddle off.

Length is rarely a problem.

Colin McKenzie

--
No-one has ever proved that cycle helmets make cycling any safer at
the population level, and anyway cycling is about as safe per mile as

Old March 18th 08, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 18 Mar, 06:19, Bob C patnbob@unwired wrote:
Will an MTB fit into a 307 estate?

I was recently rather surprised to get two bikes in a Ford Puma, a
large hybrid and a tourer, both with racks and mudguards. Front wheel,
saddle + one crank and mudgaurd off the hybrid so it would go fairly
flat, tourer on top with only the front wheel off.

307 estate is big, I'd expect to get four bikes in with only minor
dismantling.

Rob
Old March 18th 08, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 01:50:49 -0700 (PDT), POHB
wrote:

On 18 Mar, 06:19, Bob C patnbob@unwired wrote:
Will an MTB fit into a 307 estate?

How much other stuff do you need to fit in with it? How many
passengers?
I used to get my bike in a 206 hatchback without needing to remove the
wheels, but I had to fold down the back seats and tip the front
passenger seat forward. A 406 estate will take up to 4 passengers or
4 assembled bikes or any combination in between that totals 4.

Rubbish!

I've had eight assembled bikes in my 406.

(Though they were 2x16', 2x20' and 4x24' bikes).
Old March 18th 08, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike the unimaginative[_4_]

Bob C patnbob@unwired wrote in news:47df5363$0$26050$88260bb3
@free.teranews.com:

Will an MTB fit into a 307 estate?

I had a 307SW which is very similar to the estate - the roofline is quite
low over the boot area. THe effect of this is that it was quite tricky to
get a road bike in.

(The 407SW is a different kettle of herrings - the rear opening is much
smaler than it looks, and the load area is actually smaller than the 307's
load area.)
Old March 18th 08, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marz

On Mar 18, 1:19*am, Bob C patnbob@unwired wrote:
Will an MTB fit into a 307 estate?
--
Bob C

Are you looking to just throw the bike in the back without removing
wheels, seat, etc or is stripping the bike down before putting it in
the car part of the process?

If you just want to be able to throw the bike in, as is, I'd say it'll
just fit, depending on the bike. If your MTB is fitted with QR wheels
and seat, they after a couple mins work it'll fit into almost any car.

I ended up getting a Mazda 5, 'cos I could throw my bike in the back
without removing any parts and it's still a small 'ish' car.