Shimano hydraulic hose hold-downs

Old September 8th 09, 03:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
notme

Default Shimano hydraulic hose hold-downs

In the instructions I downloaded I see that Shimano suggests to use a unique
holder to attach hydraulic line to a standard cable-type frame stop.

The holder is a "2 barrel"-looking device where the hose clips into one of
these, and the other shoves into the cable stop. A screw screwed into this
latter half expands it and holds it into the cable stop.

At least that's how it looks from the drawing.

Are these readily available for purchase? Part number?

Thanks.

Old September 8th 09, 06:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
someone

On 8 Sep, 03:09, notme wrote:
In the instructions I downloaded I see that Shimano suggests to use a unique
holder to attach hydraulic line to a standard cable-type frame stop.

The holder is a "2 barrel"-looking device where the hose clips into one of
these, and the other shoves into the cable stop. A screw screwed into this
latter half expands it and holds it into the cable stop.

At least that's how it looks from the drawing.

Are these readily available for purchase? Part number?

Well if the pipe wont fit through the guides get doweling to fit the
gudes, cut it to match the end shape, make a small hole through the
dowel, paint up, in place. Thread small zip tie through the dowel and
close onto pipe. Snip ends of zip ties when all tight and correctly
positioned. Wont knock out or break, ,unless it does, but unlikely
and the tiny zip tie is the cheapest simplest component I can think of
that works well in this situation.
Old September 8th 09, 06:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
notme

get doweling to fit the gudes, cut it to match the end shape...

Thanks for the DIY option. If I can't find the Shimano ones, I might give
this a go.

Old September 8th 09, 06:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
someone

On 8 Sep, 06:14, notme wrote:
get doweling to fit the gudes, cut it to match the end shape...

Thanks for the DIY option. If I can't find the Shimano ones, I might give
this a go.

Or remove the originals and solder on appropriate rings made from tube
or wire. I quite like the idea of using a staple with two holes
drilled into the tube into which it is soldered. This brings the
cable or hydraulic line tight against the frame. Of course if you've
got a frame made out of some silly materials, you probably don't want
to try doing this. Attempting to use rings to get this effect is a
little more tricky as you need to cut a little seat into which the
ring will sit. Careful cutting is required on a thin top tube.
Old September 8th 09, 06:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
Lou Holtman[_3_]

notme schreef:
In the instructions I downloaded I see that Shimano suggests to use a unique
holder to attach hydraulic line to a standard cable-type frame stop.

Unique? Something like these?

http://www.roseversand.de/output/con...r.aspx?cid=465
or

http://www.roseversand.de/output/con...r.aspx?cid=465

or you could use:

http://www.roseversand.de/output/con...r.aspx?cid=465

or even:

http://www.roseversand.de/output/con...r.aspx?cid=465

etc. etc.

Lou
Old September 8th 09, 06:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
Lou Holtman[_3_]

someone schreef:
On 8 Sep, 06:14, notme wrote:
get doweling to fit the gudes, cut it to match the end shape...

Thanks for the DIY option. If I can't find the Shimano ones, I might give
this a go.

Or remove the originals and solder on appropriate rings made from tube
or wire. I quite like the idea of using a staple with two holes
drilled into the tube into which it is soldered. This brings the
cable or hydraulic line tight against the frame. Of course if you've
got a frame made out of some silly materials, you probably don't want
to try doing this. Attempting to use rings to get this effect is a
little more tricky as you need to cut a little seat into which the
ring will sit. Careful cutting is required on a thin top tube.

Geezz..
When was the last time you visited a bikeshop or browsed in a catalog?

Lou
Old September 8th 09, 06:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
Lou Holtman[_3_]

Lou Holtman schreef:
notme schreef:
In the instructions I downloaded I see that Shimano suggests to use a
unique holder to attach hydraulic line to a standard cable-type frame
stop.

Unique? Something like these?

http://www.roseversand.de/output/con...r.aspx?cid=465
or

http://www.roseversand.de/output/con...r.aspx?cid=465

or you could use:

http://www.roseversand.de/output/con...r.aspx?cid=465

or even:

http://www.roseversand.de/output/con...r.aspx?cid=465

etc. etc.

Lou

Ai I see that the links don't work.

Go to www.roseversand.de
Choose english language and put these numbers in the search field (one
after the other)

559056
559064
369831
559211

Good luck,

Lou
Old September 8th 09, 07:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike
someone

On 8 Sep, 18:32, Lou Holtman wrote:
someone schreef:

On 8 Sep, 06:14, notme wrote:
get doweling to fit the gudes, cut it to match the end shape...
Thanks for the DIY option. If I can't find the Shimano ones, I might give
this a go.

Or remove the originals and solder on appropriate rings made from tube
or wire. *I quite like the idea of using a staple with two holes
drilled into the tube into which it is soldered. *This brings the
cable or hydraulic line tight against the frame. *Of course if you've
got a frame made out of some silly materials, you probably don't want
to try doing this. *Attempting to use rings to get this effect is a
little more tricky as you need to cut a little seat into which the
ring will sit. *Careful cutting is required on a thin top tube.

Geezz..
When was the last time you visited a bikeshop or browsed in a catalog?

Lou

Both, yesterday, no joy, hence after wasting journey and shop time, I
prefer to think out practical, simple and cheap solutions to which I
have the skills, or can quickly develop thm, to perform.