Blame the faulty drivers of dangerous machinery. 4WDs most dangerouson road

Old October 28th 05, 06:44 AM
Graeme Dods

Default Blame the faulty drivers of dangerous machinery. 4WDs most dangerouson road

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 22:02:30 +1000, MichaelB wrote:

I dont know about your crappy country but here in the UK all new cars
must have ABS by law.

Which law would that be? "Road Vehicle Regulations 2001" where they talked
about introducing it to conform with EC regulations, but that was only for
vehicles over 3,500kg. Not many non-commercial vehicles fall into that
category, even a fully specced LandCruiser is well below this.

By the way, what qualifies you to say "your crappy country"? Lived in
Australia for long enough to make the comparison have you? Or are you just
one of those pea-brained bigots who wraps themselves in a flag and thinks
everywhere "foreign" is crappy? You get them in Australia too, so maybe
you'd get on with them at least.

There really is no defending SUVs.

No, it can be hard to defend SUVs, they are appropriate in some (though
few) cases, even in a piddly wee country like the UK. If you visited
Australia (or even sat on your arse and did minimal research on the
internet) then you'd see that Australia does have conditions that would
merit SUVs (and bigger 4x4s), though they're not necessarily as widespread
as the number of 4x4s around most cities would lead you to believe.

Graeme
Old October 28th 05, 06:47 AM
Graeme Dods

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:38:05 +1000, Peka wrote:

Tamyka Bell Wrote:
Perhaps UK drivers are just crap at
braking?

Nah, they're just generally crap at driving. Bad news though, it's worse
here

It may have more to do with the crap driving conditions in the UK

Roads are generally better in the UK. All that lovely rain washes the oil,
glass etc. down the drain fairly regularly

Graeme
Old October 28th 05, 06:51 AM
D Walford

Plodder wrote:
"D Walford" wrote in message

Resound wrote:

"D Walford" wrote in message

SNIP Resound's stuff

So smaller brakes and tyres would be better?

That's a plainly dumb comment.

NRMA did some stopping distance testing and whilst in some circumstances
the Landcruiser took longer to stop there isn't much in it, at slower
speeds it matched the Commodore.
http://www.nrma.com.au/pub/nrma/moto...distance.shtml
You also ignored what I said about reaction times but thats no surprise.

Daryl

"...in some circumstances the Landcruiser took longer to stop" translates
as: "...in some circumstances the Landcruiser hit things that the Commodore
stopped before hitting."

Maybe yes maybe no, in a real life situation the Landcruiser driver
would have seen the need to brake a lot earlier than the Commodore
driver negating the small extra stopping distance.

Daryl
Old October 28th 05, 06:57 AM
D Walford

dave wrote:

On an advanced course at calder. I was the only one who evaded the
simulated accident. Brake and swerve on damp track.

In a 1967 Austin Healey sprite. One of about 4 cars on the day without
ABS. (which was rather rare then in general)

Thats odd the 3A was the last Sprite sold in Australia, mine was one of
the last Sprites and it was a 1965.
Was it a private import Mk4?

As confirmed by the multitude of bumps I've had to get fixed on
the rear of my Rav4 and the rear of the wife's Prado simply
because the idiots driving "safe" sedans behind us cannot break
in as short a distance.

Yes, I AM fully aware that ABS does not reduce absolute
braking distance. That's not what it does.

You really don't have a clue of reality, do you?
I suggest you stay on the physics department "research"
and leave real life to people who actually have to live it.

Daft sod...

Frank

Would have loved to have seen a big 4wd try that. Funnily no one had
one. Anyone want to have a go? I,ll run the video ( from a long way away)

My stock Hilux handles better than a stock Sprite, those things handle
aweful in stock form although you would be hard pressed to find a stock
one these days.

Daryl
Old October 28th 05, 07:01 AM
D Walford

Theo Bekkers wrote:
atec wrote:

what are taxes ?

It's that ATO mob. I send them $40K each month on our BAS so you don't have
to.

Can you do me a favour and increase it by another 5k then I won't have
to pay either:-)

Daryl
Old October 28th 05, 07:03 AM
Noddy

"atec" wrote in message

what are taxes ?

Jesus! 5k just to post 3 useless words?

Learn to snip you lazy idiot....

--
Regards,
Noddy.

Old October 28th 05, 07:24 AM
Peka

Tamyka Bell Wrote:
Peka wrote:
Heh, after all this rain I'm certainly expecting to fall tomorrow
morning in Daisy Hill forest

--
Peka

Oooh why the morning? If you waited until arvo, I could join you. For a
couple of minutes at a time. (I don't need rain to fall in Daisy Hill.
don't even need an obstacle. All I need is a bike) TamIt's an organised training ride for the Kooralbyn 6Hr. The route we're

taking isn't easy, the fittest of us will only avg 17-18kmh over 33km.
The less fit get a head start and we have to try and catch them.

--
Peka

Old October 28th 05, 07:39 AM
LotteBum

Peka wroteL

It's an organised training ride for the Kooralbyn 6Hr. The route we're
taking isn't easy, the fittest of us will only avg 17-18kmh over 33km.
The less fit get a head start and we have to try and catch them.

Ahhh, one of those mtbdirt rides? I'm banned from mtbdirt for being a
nuisance.

Tam, I'll message you if we end up heading over to Daisy..

Lotte

--
LotteBum

Old October 28th 05, 07:44 AM
Birdman

Cant wait until they hold up traffic one night, and some stoned trucky
on a tight schedule takes them all out!

Pushbikes aren't allowed in the Burnley Tunnel. Taking them in there was an
illegal act. But the politicians were too ****ant to let the cops do their
jobs and arrest the ******s.

Old October 28th 05, 07:45 AM
Birdman

I think the main reason the boss bought another DAF is its amazing fuel
economy, some of the Kenworths use more fuel per day than I do in a week.

Depends on driver, what he is towing, and which donk you go for..
Loved my K100E