Peace Themed Jerseys?

Old January 6th 04, 06:00 AM
gazzer

Default Peace Themed Jerseys?

(William Paling) wrote in message . com...
Does anyone know where you can buy cycling jerseys with an anti-war or
anti-Bush theme?

Thanks,
Bill

what do you have against bushes?

cheers

gaz
Old January 6th 04, 10:22 AM
W K

"Danny Callen" wrote in message

No offense intended to anyone BUT WHAT HAS ANY OF THIS HAVE TO DO WITH

BIKE
RACING? (Sorry for yelling..).

Dunno.

But I'd like a "tour de Freedom" jersey.

(admittedly perhaps a "tour de we-got-the-oil-contracts-without-a-war" top)

Old January 6th 04, 12:16 PM
Shaun Rimmer

"John Harlow" wrote in message
What about a jersey that said "Doing my part to make your gas
cheaper!"

Sorry, but you're actually driving the price of gas UP by riding a bike.
Economies of scale and all that.

See John, he put the part in his post about having to use brain cells to
work that one out - engage a few and look at that statement in context
',;~}~

Shaun aRe

Old January 6th 04, 02:15 PM
John Harlow

What about a jersey that said "Doing my part to make your gas
cheaper!"

Sorry, but you're actually driving the price of gas UP by riding a
bike. Economies of scale and all that.

See John, he put the part in his post about having to use brain cells
to work that one out - engage a few and look at that statement in
context ',;~}~

Unless he's riding his bike to the military base to go help invade... er, I
mean "liberate" Iraq, by riding a bike he's not helping lower the price of
gas.

Now, if he enclosed the statement in a cartoon bubble coming from the mouth
of Dick Cheney, it'd make sense

Old January 6th 04, 02:18 PM
Marlene Blanshay

In article , "W K"
wrote:

"Danny Callen" wrote in message

No offense intended to anyone BUT WHAT HAS ANY OF THIS HAVE TO DO WITH

BIKE
RACING? (Sorry for yelling..).

Dunno.

But I'd like a "tour de Freedom" jersey.

(admittedly perhaps a "tour de we-got-the-oil-contracts-without-a-war" top)

How about a "-peaceline"?
Old January 6th 04, 02:19 PM
Stephen Harding

Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles wrote:

Does anyone know where you can buy cycling jerseys with an anti-war or
anti-Bush theme?

Bill: I'm inclined to agree with another poster who would be concerned
about causing unwanted behaviour from those in 6000 pound steel cages with
tires & suspension & interior noise control such that they could make a
credible claim that they didn't know they ran over you.

Being morally right, but dead, may make it difficult to spread your message
effectively.

[NGs trimmed]

Geez talk about negative stereotyping of a political group you
don't like!

Quite frankly, I think I've been cut off and in general roughly treated
more often by motorists with "Give Peace a Chance" and similar bumper
stickers on their cars around here, than by those with flags and "Support
our Troops".

Put a pro-Bush sticker on your car around here and you're asking to
get "keyed".

Politics will certainly bring out the worst in people, Right and Left,
but to point of attempted murder???

I'd be more concerned with unexpected car honks by those in agreement
or disagreement, as I rode along.

SMH

Old January 6th 04, 02:22 PM
Marlene Blanshay

In article , /dev/null wrote:

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 02:16:40 GMT, "Mike Kruger" from
wrote:

"Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles" wrote
in message m...
Does anyone know where you can buy cycling jerseys with an anti-war or
anti-Bush theme?

Bill: I'm inclined to agree with another poster who would be concerned
about causing unwanted behaviour from those in 6000 pound steel cages with
tires & suspension & interior noise control such that they could make a
credible claim that they didn't know they ran over you.

Being morally right, but dead, may make it difficult to spread your

message
effectively.

Maybe. My wife was worried that putting a bumper sticker on our car that
said:

Bush '04: Lies, Damned Lies, and Lies of Mass Destruction
http://www.cafeshops.com/irregulargoods.7747327

I like "Bush / Cheney : Four More Wars!"

I saw a photo of a protest march taken last year near the white house, and
some woman was holding up a sign that said "George Eat my Bush!" I thought
it was hilarious, and I don't think I'd have the nerve! ANother one I
thought was funny: "Texas of Evil."
Old January 6th 04, 02:40 PM
John Harlow

Unless he's riding his bike to the military base to go help
invade... er, I mean "liberate" Iraq, by riding a bike he's not
helping lower the price of gas.

Why not? Lowering demand tends to lower prices.

Because fuel is produced to meet demand, and the more you produce, the
cheaper it is per unit to produce. Learn about "economies of scale" from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economies_of_scale.