Wolverhampton City Council defends 'shortest' cycle lane

Old May 28th 16, 08:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default Wolverhampton City Council defends 'shortest' cycle lane

"It is in Princess Street and is just 156 inches long (3.9m) - or about
the length of two bicycles".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-36388588
--
Bod
Old May 28th 16, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 28/05/2016 08:35, Bod wrote:

"It is in Princess Street and is just 156 inches long (3.9m) - or about
the length of two bicycles".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-36388588

It's there to indicate a change in priorities (with the end of an
on-footway "cycle lane" (which has just crossed a side street), isn't it?
Old May 28th 16, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Sat, 28 May 2016 08:35:36 +0100
Bod wrote:

"It is in Princess Street and is just 156 inches long (3.9m) - or
about the length of two bicycles".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-36388588

Not showing on Street View yet - I think this is where they were
putting it:

https://goo.gl/2Mqqpl

I can't figure out what it's supposed to achieve (although that
probably applies to many "facilities" anyway).

Old May 28th 16, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr Mudd-John

Bod wrote:

"It is in Princess Street and is just 156 inches long (3.9m) - or
about the length of two bicycles".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-36388588

Not showing on Street View yet - I think this is where they were
putting it:

https://goo.gl/2Mqqpl

I can't figure out what it's supposed to achieve (although that
probably applies to many "facilities" anyway).

Looks to be a "turn right" enabler
http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2...st-cycle-lane/

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug
Old May 28th 16, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

Bod wrote:

"It is in Princess Street and is just 156 inches long (3.9m) - or
about the length of two bicycles".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-36388588

Not showing on Street View yet - I think this is where they were
putting it:

https://goo.gl/2Mqqpl

I can't figure out what it's supposed to achieve (although that
probably applies to many "facilities" anyway).

Looks to be a "turn right" enabler
http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2...st-cycle-lane/

I thought that, but couldn't figure out why they put it where it is.
I'll just have to wait until they update Street View.

UK's shortest cycle lane Alycidon UK 7 August 15th 15 05:26 PM
Cyclist injured after collision with car in city cycle lane Doug[_3_] UK 7 July 19th 10 07:13 PM
Cyclist injured after collision with car in city cycle lane JMS UK 7 July 12th 10 02:55 PM
Cyclist injured after collision with car in city cycle lane mileburner UK 12 June 13th 10 04:33 PM
Sydney City Council Cycle Plan dewatf Australia 13 March 29th 07 10:36 AM