The Hangover that wasn't

Old November 8th 19, 12:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

Default The Hangover that wasn't

On Wednesday, November 6, 2019 at 2:31:51 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, November 6, 2019 at 2:07:35 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, November 6, 2019 at 4:29:54 PM UTC, jbeattie wrote:
In the PNW, the whole spring season is racing in rain. Sitting in the pack, its like getting hit in the face with a fire hose of water and grit.. That's tough on rims and chains.

And on your face. Case for a full-face helmet? Maybe mandatory, so nobody has a weight advantage?

Jokes aside, I like the KMC chains. Though inside my Chainglider even the bare steel does well, they're available in various stages of nickel plating, and they hang tough for a good long time. I trebled my chain mileage once I switched over from Shimano Nexus to KMC 8-xx.

I've been getting Shimano chains on sale lately, and they don't last that long -- but then again, I'm now 11 speed on all my bikes due to upgrades, thefts, new bike purchases, etc. 11sp does not last as long as any lower-number-of-speeds chain. I've used and liked KMC chains in the past and may try the 11 version, although I still have two or three Shimano chains to go through first.

-- Jay Beattie

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ConneX-11SB...ss!94578!US!-1

It wasn't the media. It wasn't a phone call. Tiger's wife found out --D-y Racing 11 December 6th 09 07:53 PM
Who wasn't in '09 TDF that you wished were there? Jean Barto Racing 16 July 28th 09 04:30 AM
July Morons Hangover and Doping leads to them staying Bill C Racing 4 August 8th 06 05:55 PM
It wasn't me william mook Australia 2 October 12th 04 10:27 AM
It could have been, but it wasn't dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers UK 41 November 19th 03 06:43 PM