Where are all the FRAAM Fanboys???

Old June 21st 11, 05:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Where are all the FRAAM Fanboys???

this is just so completely awesome ...

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/...dium=whats-hot

Old June 21st 11, 07:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Vagina Gorilla

On Jun 21, 11:58*am, "
wrote:
this is just so completely awesome ...

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/...d-solo-racers-...

Looks like he wrapped up 3rd place
Old June 21st 11, 08:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

On Jun 21, 9:58*am, " wrote:
this is just so completely awesome ...

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/...d-solo-racers-...

Looks healthy to me.
Old June 21st 11, 08:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article
,
" wrote:

this is just so completely awesome ...

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/...dium=whats-hot

Is he flying a raccoon tail?

--
Michael Press
Old June 21st 11, 10:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steven Bornfeld[_2_]

On 6/21/2011 12:58 PM, wrote:
this is just so completely awesome ...

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/...dium=whats-hot

That can't be good fer ya.

S.

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Old June 22nd 11, 01:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Jun 21, 5:23*pm, Steven Bornfeld
wrote:
On 6/21/2011 12:58 PM, wrote:

this is just so completely awesome ...

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/...d-solo-racers-...

That can't be good fer ya.

Spoken like a true doctor! Everyone knows that when you choke someone
the lack of oxygen blocks out the pain and stimulates the pleasure
centers. Ask David Carradine. Oh, wait, better not - but it's true!

Old June 23rd 11, 12:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

On Jun 21, 9:58*am, " wrote:
this is just so completely awesome ...

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/...d-solo-racers-...

Love it. Fred on a stick.

In other news, a local rider (to me) is leading the Solo-Women
division, which has been reduced by attrition to two riders. Ex-pro
Leah Goldstein is tearing it up. BTW, don't sass her, she used to be a
world-champion kickboxer, and the Israeli Army trained her to kill:
http://www.leahgoldstein.com/bio.html

Old June 23rd 11, 01:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Jun 22, 7:19*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
On Jun 21, 9:58*am, " wrote:

this is just so completely awesome ...

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/...d-solo-racers-...

Love it. Fred on a stick.

In other news, a local rider (to me) is leading the Solo-Women
division, which has been reduced by attrition to two riders. Ex-pro
Leah Goldstein is tearing it up. BTW, don't sass her, she used to be a
world-champion kickboxer, and the Israeli Army trained her to kill:http://www.leahgoldstein.com/bio.html

WTF?! You didn't post this excerpt from her web site?! You're
slipping, old man.

"Undaunted, she came back stronger than ever the following year,
winning virtually every race she entered. But bad luck would strike
again, this time in the form of a near fatal crash during the first
stage of the 2005 Cascade Classic in central Oregon. Leah was clipped
by another rider on a 70km/hr descent and landed face first on the
asphalt, with several other cyclists falling on top of her. Her
injuries included a broken pelvis, several broken ribs, a broken
cheek, ankle and right arm, a dislocated and broken shoulder, the loss
of 5 teeth and near loss of the tip of her left thumb and her top lip,
as well as severe road rash over most of her body. She spent two weeks
receiving multiple surgeries in a hospital in Bend before she could be
moved back home to Vancouver, where she was again admitted to hospital
for further observation.

Doctors said it was a miracle she had survived the impact. At the very
least, the accident would have ended the career of most athletes. But
not Leah’s. Determined as ever to prove wrong physicians, sports
psychologists and those in the cycling community who told her she
would never ride again, much less on a professional level, she began
to train the second she was released from the hospital.
Exactly three weeks after the crash, stubborn as ever and with only
partial use of her left leg and arm, she completed her first lap
around her former high school’s track in her wheelchair, having
convinced her mom and sister to take her there despite their protests.
Another week later, she was up to 12 wheelchair laps and a thirteenth
tentative one on a crutch. The following week saw her spinning on a
stationary recumbent bike for five minutes at the gym and within two
months of the accident, she was walking with crutches and was up to
level 16 on a LifeCycle stationary bike. By October, she was back on
her road bike.

Leah's doctors were astounded by her rapid and remarkable recovery,
but the cycling industry was still skeptical. No one would sign her,
so she decided to go it alone in 2006, making it her best year to
date, with 12 major wins, including two record breaking hill climbs,
an overall win at the prestigious Mt. Hood Cycling Classic and the
first of four consecutive Israeli National Championship titles. It had
become abundantly clear by now to all those involved that you don’t
tell Leah Goldstein what she can and cannot do. It wasn’t long before
she began to get offers from professional teams again."

Um, yeah, I don't think I'll be telling her what she can and can't do
- though I might be tempted to ask for permission to do something if
she's around! Amazing story.*

E**

* Though RAAM is still firmly planted in the Bizarro world.
** I changed my name in case Leah is reading this as I really don't
want to get my ass kicked by someone who eats pain.
Old June 23rd 11, 08:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

On Jun 21, 9:58*am, " wrote:

[...]

OK, that is a pretty good excerpt. Leah's rehab was successful: she
hasn't posted on Usenet.
Old June 23rd 11, 08:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

" wrote:

this is just so completely awesome ...

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/...dium=whats-hot

Danny Chew is probably jerkin' it in the support van.

Magilla

LANCE and FRAAM Paul B. Anders Racing 57 August 13th 09 03:12 AM
Have the fanboys missed the boat? Bob Schwartz[_3_] Racing 7 August 12th 09 05:10 PM
Twitter Fanboys [email protected] Racing 1 April 1st 09 07:52 AM
Gringioni out of FRAAM!!!!! Kurgan Gringioni Racing 4 June 11th 06 02:29 PM
Recognize FRAAM for what it is Kurgan Gringioni Racing 41 June 29th 05 05:55 AM