What about Idurain?

Old June 17th 11, 05:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
FAT

Default What about Idurain?

Average speeds at the TDF shot up during is reign. How come he never gets
mentioned when it comes to doping?

Old June 17th 11, 05:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

For the same reason you never hear anything about Jesus anymore.
Everyone knows it's a fraud.
Old June 17th 11, 05:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Jun 17, 12:10*pm, "FAT" wrote:

Average speeds at the TDF shot up during is reign. *How come he never gets
mentioned when it comes to doping?

Because it's well known that everything evil with cycling started with
Lance. Well, except for the decades of bad stuff that happened before
him, during his reign that he had nothing to do with, and the stuff
that's going on now. Other than that it's all his fault and he should
be the one made to pay. I thought that was obvious.

Old June 17th 11, 05:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Jun 17, 12:16*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:

For the same reason you never hear anything about Jesus anymore.
Everyone knows it's a fraud.

You know what the biggest fraud is? You. You are a liar and a
hypocrite, just nobody cares enough to go after you. You took drugs,
had a girlfriend who stole drugs from her hospital, etc., etc. You
failed on innumerable morality tests, yet you pontificate about
cleanliness in sport. Give me a fookin' break already!

I have an idea - why don't you run for office in the US? Let them
start digging in your closet and we'll see what turns up. That should
be good for a few laughs. Glass houses and all that.

I'm saying that with love and affection, so no hard feelings. We're
good, right? ~

Old June 17th 11, 05:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

On Jun 17, 6:10*pm, "FAT" wrote:
Average speeds at the TDF shot up during is reign. *How come he never gets
mentioned when it comes to doping?

It's because in the Indurain years, the Tour only went
counterclockwise around France, so speeds went up due to Coriolis
effect in the Northern hemisphere which is also counterclockwise and
so was favorable to the riders.

-ilan
Old June 17th 11, 06:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
FAT

Default What about Indurain?

The coriolis effect is clockwise in the Northern Hemisphere. You must be
thinking of the Tour Down Under.

Old June 17th 11, 08:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

On Jun 17, 11:30*am, RicodJour wrote:
On Jun 17, 12:16*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:

For the same reason you never hear anything about Jesus anymore.
Everyone knows it's a fraud.

You know what the biggest fraud is? *You. *You are a liar and a
hypocrite, just nobody cares enough to go after you. * You took drugs,
had a girlfriend who stole drugs from her hospital, etc., etc. *You
failed on innumerable morality tests, yet you pontificate about
cleanliness in sport. *Give me a fookin' break already!

I have an idea - why don't you run for office in the US? *Let them
start digging in your closet and we'll see what turns up. *That should
be good for a few laughs. *Glass houses and all that.

I'm saying that with love and affection, so no hard feelings. *We're
good, right? *~

LOL - I have bad morals because a girlfriend stole drugs from a
hospital ?

Looks like the plainest looking girl in the world is now withholding
sex from Ryan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rcousin...-7215762605118...

Old June 17th 11, 09:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Fred

"FAT" wrote in :

The coriolis effect is clockwise in the Northern Hemisphere. You must
be thinking of the Tour Down Under.

The direction of the spin induced by the Coriolis effect in either
hemisphere is dependent on whether the flow divergence is positive or
negative (or high pressure center or low pressure center, if you think
strictly in meteorological terms). (I think. Mostly I just make fun of
physical oceanographers, I don't really pay any attention to the things
they talk about.) People say the tour sucks so it must be a huge low
pressure sytem but I think it's so high pressure everyone is taking drugs
to cope. It isn't clear to me whether it should clockwise or
counterclockwise.

--
Bill Fred
Old June 17th 11, 10:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

William Fred wrote:
Mostly I just make fun of
physical oceanographers, I don't really pay any attention to the things
they talk about.)

Don't you get to nail the hot ones ?
Old June 17th 11, 10:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

FAT wrote:
Average speeds at the TDF shot up during is reign. How come he never
gets mentioned when it comes to doping?

He had lots of help from his teammates Ulrich, Salvodelli and Deluca.