Versus is following up stage coverage with movies

Old June 19th 11, 09:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

Default Versus is following up stage coverage with movies

Notably, American Flyers, that seminal work of semi-fiction with
engrossing writing, wonderful acting (other than the people on screen)
and Alexandra Paul's tits, that has captivated cycling fans worldwide
(if you include just the US).

Why aren't they showing Stars and Watercarriers, A Sunday in Hell, The
Triplets of Belleville or something like that? A real cycling movie
that would keep viewers riveted (with apologies to Phil Liggett) to
their seats.

How can we convince Versus to up the ante to some real movies?
Is there a Freds United non-profit (FU.org) promoting a cycling
agenda?
Could we start a really annoying email campaign?
Snarky YouTube videos?

Any and all suggestions are welcome (unless you're just a douchebag
with doping issues eating away at your brain). Thanks.

Old June 20th 11, 12:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

On Jun 19, 10:27*pm, RicodJour wrote:
Notably, American Flyers, that seminal work of semi-fiction with
engrossing writing, wonderful acting (other than the people on screen)
and Alexandra Paul's tits, that has captivated cycling fans worldwide
(if you include just the US).

Why aren't they showing Stars and Watercarriers, A Sunday in Hell, The
Triplets of Belleville or something like that? *A real cycling movie
that would keep viewers riveted (with apologies to Phil Liggett) to
their seats.

How can we convince Versus to up the ante to some real movies?
Is there a Freds United non-profit (FU.org) promoting a cycling
agenda?
Could we start a really annoying email campaign?
Snarky YouTube videos?

Any and all suggestions are welcome (unless you're just a douchebag
with doping issues eating away at your brain). *Thanks.

Wow, I just hope Versus also follows volleyball so that I can see Side
Out again!

-ilan
Old June 20th 11, 04:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Frederick the Great

In article
,
ilan wrote:

On Jun 19, 10:27Â*pm, RicodJour wrote:
Notably, American Flyers, that seminal work of semi-fiction with
engrossing writing, wonderful acting (other than the people on screen)
and Alexandra Paul's tits, that has captivated cycling fans worldwide
(if you include just the US).

Why aren't they showing Stars and Watercarriers, A Sunday in Hell, The
Triplets of Belleville or something like that? Â*A real cycling movie
that would keep viewers riveted (with apologies to Phil Liggett) to
their seats.

How can we convince Versus to up the ante to some real movies?
Is there a Freds United non-profit (FU.org) promoting a cycling
agenda?
Could we start a really annoying email campaign?
Snarky YouTube videos?

Any and all suggestions are welcome (unless you're just a douchebag
with doping issues eating away at your brain). Â*Thanks.

Wow, I just hope Versus also follows volleyball so that I can see Side
Out again!

Lance Armstrong does a cameo appearance in

Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story [2004]

--
Old Fritz

#1: I'm with Fred(erick the Great) and vote for Dodgeball, even if you
cut out Lance's part. Great movie

#2: See #1. I don't think any of the great movies you mention would play
to the VS audience. You brought up yourself one of the reasons American
Flyers might fit in. But my choice #2 would be Breaking Away.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

#1: I'm with Fred(erick the Great) and vote for Dodgeball, even if you
cut out Lance's part. Great movie

#2: See #1. I don't think any of the great movies you mention would play
to the VS audience. You brought up yourself one of the reasons American
Flyers might fit in. But my choice #2 would be Breaking Away.

Two reasons. Two small, pointed, and perky reasons.

Old June 20th 11, 02:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
A. Dumas[_2_]

#2: See #1. I don't think any of the great movies you mention would play
to the VS audience. You brought up yourself one of the reasons American
Flyers might fit in. But my choice #2 would be Breaking Away.

Two reasons. Two small, pointed, and perky reasons.

Atrrraaaaa!
Old June 20th 11, 04:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

[...]

Broken Lance is playing on the TV now, maybe Versus will run it during
the Tour.

-ilan
Old June 20th 11, 05:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
A. Dumas[_2_]

RicodJour wrote:
#2: See #1. I don't think any of the great movies you mention would play
to the VS audience. You brought up yourself one of the reasons American
Flyers might fit in. But my choice #2 would be Breaking Away.
Two reasons. Two small, pointed, and perky reasons.

Atrrraaaaa!

I'll assume that means 'Cite?'
http://www.celebritymoviearchive.com...movie.php/3823

Oh. I was thinking of Rae Dawn Chong with "atra" the Burgess-invented
Neanderthal word for fire.
Old June 20th 11, 05:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jimmy July[_3_]

On 6/20/2011 8:21 AM, ilan wrote:
On Jun 19, 10:27 pm, wrote:
[...]

They're broadcasting that? In the chair, bright lights in his eyes, a
truncheon at the ready, "Confess, you DOPER! Also, tell us where the
REAL Bin Laden is hiding.", the whole deal?!?! What channel? I wanna
tune in and see Lance do the perp walk!

#1: I'm with Fred(erick the Great) and vote for Dodgeball, even if you
cut out Lance's part. Great movie

#2: See #1. I don't think any of the great movies you mention would play
to the VS audience. You brought up yourself one of the reasons American
Flyers might fit in. But my choice #2 would be Breaking Away.

Looks as if there are not as many LANCE fanboys around here
as I thought.

--
Old Fritz