OT. Anything BICYCLING related going on here? LOL

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 13th 20, 05:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default OT. Anything BICYCLING related going on here? LOL

On Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 8:27:23 PM UTC-8, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Wed, 12 Feb 2020 18:53:54 -0800 (PST), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

I'm really glad I'm comfortable riding when it's below freezing.
Otherwise I'd miss about 1/2 of the year riding here.

Good for you and keep it up! I have given up on winter riding, which
here means missing anywhere from 5-7 months of riding depending on the
vagaries of weather from year to year. It's dangerous enough in the
summer with motorized idiots who can't put their f*****g cell phones
away to drive for ten minutes, put those idiots on ice and holy s**t.

Yikes. Time for Wahoo and Zwift. We skipped winter this year, unless it hits us later. A few icy mornings and the usual rain, but that's it. No snow in town. I'm in Bend (central Oregon) on business, and its blue skies and spring like. It's freaky.

Bike things? Well, (1) it is f****** miserable getting tires off my tubeless ready HED Ardennes wheels. Clincher tire beads stick hard to tubeless rims. It took me ten minutes of hand calisthenics to get a rear tire off the rim when I flatted last Saturday (giant glass shard). (2) When you get clicking and creaking and think its the BB, always check the rear QR and axle dropout interface. That's my only bike wisdom for the week.

Lots of stories from my son at Specialized -- he keeps buying all this scratch and dent stuff for basically nothing. It's like giving a drug addict
a job in a methadone clinic. He also keeps me posted on new product offerings like the new $15K Specialized super eBikes. I could get one for like only $6K! Happy days are here again! If I hit the lottery, it would be cool having a 20lb stealth eBike to torment the youngsters.

-- Jay Beattie.

Bicycling related I guess acalcium Australia 0 May 29th 05 05:54 AM
Cycling related Bill C Racing 1 April 17th 05 02:20 AM
My first SPD related fall saveacup UK 18 January 8th 05 10:05 AM
chain related? dreaded General 3 September 17th 04 03:53 AM
chain related? dreaded Techniques 4 September 13th 04 05:07 AM