Telluride testing update

Old April 5th 20, 03:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

Default Telluride testing update

Frank Krygowski writes:

On 4/4/2020 8:53 PM, Radey Shouman wrote:
Ralph Barone writes:

Tom Kunich wrote:
On Saturday, April 4, 2020 at 10:11:30 AM UTC-7, Ralph Barone wrote:
Tom Kunich wrote:
On Saturday, April 4, 2020 at 6:38:04 AM UTC-7, Ralph Barone wrote:
The company testing the entire population of Telluride, CO for COVID-19
antibodies has reported some more definite preliminary results. Of nearly
1,000 people tested, 8 were found to have antibodies, and 23 had
intermediate or borderline results. This does not seem to agree with Tom’s
theory that most people have already had the disease.

https://www.cpr.org/2020/04/02/tellu...e-uncertainty/

Firstly Telluride is the last place you would expect the virus - away
from real population centers, in very clean air without pollution causing
previous lung damage and with a younger population that are active and
hence having a low incidence of coronary heart disease. How would the
virus be introduced in the first place? It isn't like Silicon Valley with
10% of the workers native Chinese.

Plus there is this: "So far, they have tested about 12 percent of the
county’s 8,200 residents. The state has reported results for about
three-tenths of one percent of Colorado’s total number of residents."

Certainly. New York or Seattle would be much better places to test today,
but that’s not what’s happening, so you have to take the data you have and
run with it.

However, I thought that your hypothesis was that this disease was at least
as infectious as others claim, but that the vast majority get it and don’t
even know it, and therefore we’re already at the peak of the pandemic as
opposed to going up the steep edge. This data does not support that
hypothesis. Also Telluride has a relatively highly rated ski resort, and
since some of the initial spread of the virus may have occurred at ski
resorts, the town could have had substantial exposure even though it’s away
from population centres.

I remain of the opinion that there’s still a lot more **** which hasn’t hit
the fan yet.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. But with Fauci already having
predicted that we would get from 100,000-240,000 deaths and we're all the
way up to 8,000 either we are going to have people that have never even
been to a town getting it or we will have to invent more population centers.

We have a population of 50 million senior citizens and only 3 - 4% of
those are in sad enough condition to died from this disease. (That's =
1,500,000) We have to pretend that either it is a 3% mortality rate of
"confirmed cases" or that the mortality rate is a great deal less. More
on the order of 1/2% 250,000 to have numbers like Fauci is tossing about.

But EVEN considering that, those low numbers of fatalities STILL don't
add up. In this period of time supposedly China passed WELL over the peak
and started down. Outbreaks in other areas of China did not spread in the
same manner. Wuhan is also the most polluted air in all of China.
Northeastern Italy is the most polluted area in all of Europe and NYC is
the most polluted area on the East Coast. Is there a connection? The bay
area despite having a population about 90% of NYC is having neither the
rapid growth nor the fatalities as NYC. It isn't as if the air here isn't
clean, but neither can you call most of it badly polluted. On the West
Coast with a larger population than the East Coast cities combined, and
with the spot where all of the Chinese who visited Wuhan land, we are
having 10% of the fatalities and the GROWTH of the disease is not fast.

Fauci's predictions haven't even gotten close to what he thought. Well,
he is an infectious disease expert and he has to try to predict the worst
case scenarios so I cannot fault him for that. What I CAN fault is the
Chicken Little Syndrome of the DNC and their propaganda arm, the Lame
Stream Media. This is not driven by their own fear but their attempt to
use a rather unimportant new virus as a political hammer.

History will tell and if we’re all still alive when this ****show is over,
one of us will be able to tell the other “I told you so”, and one of us
might reply with “I guess you were right”

You certainly are an optimist. I'll be amazed to find anyone admitting
a mistake.

In the past, a few of us have admitted mistakes here; but certainly
not many.

Once I thought I was wrong, but *that* was a mistake.

Old April 5th 20, 05:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Saturday, April 4, 2020 at 5:03:19 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 4/4/2020 6:46 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Saturday, April 4, 2020 at 1:48:28 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:

So Tom, please give us your explicit predictions. Tell us where you
think we'll be by, say, June 1.

Give us your estimate of the number of proven cases, the number of
deaths, the number who were (or are) in critical condition, the number
totally recovered, the number recovered but with some long term
disability, etc.

Give us some numbers that we can check for accuracy later, since you
claim such excellent understanding of the virus.

You told us you were a math teacher.

No, I did not! Tom, stop relying on your memory!

But you don't seem to know the difference between statistics and prediction.

Oh come on. Your orange hero has made many predictions about this virus,
and most have proven very wrong. But he's far wiser than medical
professionals, right? And you're even wiser, aren't you? You certainly
spend plenty of time disparaging those experts.

Prove your wisdom. If they are wrong, tell us what's correct. What will
the COVID counts be on June 1?

Or admit it: You really don't know much. And you're afraid to be proven
wrong - yet again.

--
- Frank Krygowski

What "predictions" has he made that weren't required of the office of President to try to calm the people of this country that human trash like you have attempted to frighten for your own ends?

As I said, it is easy to see why you were a failed engineer. Is that why your entire being is filled with hatred for the world around you? Why the people that you even want to ride with roll their eyes behind your back?
Old April 5th 20, 05:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 4/5/2020 12:25 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

You're deflecting again, Tom. If you know as much as you claim - that
is, more than the CDC, the various Directors of Public Health, etc. -
you should give us a prediction so we can check you out. Otherwise, quit
pretending.

As I said, it is easy to see why you were a failed engineer. Is that why your entire being is filled with hatred for the world around you? Why the people that you even want to ride with roll their eyes behind your back?

:-) My, you sound bitter!

--
- Frank Krygowski

Old April 5th 20, 11:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Tom Kunich wrote:

[...]

Even now we are at less than 10% of Fauci's lowest estimate. Social distancing has some effect but not a lot. Do you believe that the food you eat hasn't been handled by at the very minimum a dozen people?

M95 mask effective? These masks are designed really to stop bacterial infections but they can filter particles down to 0.3 mm. Too bad a corona virus is 0.16. Their external proteins will not attach to the mask material.

While we certainly have a lot of heavy population centers that could have high infection rates we also have three different off-label but allowed means of treating it and another under rapid testing that started as a treatment for SARS. We have three different companies who have developed a vaccine which is under testing for the FDA approvals. Since the population at real risk is small, comparatively, the real problem is last week's infections which didn't have treatments available. So perhaps we will have a spike over the coming week as the President said, but I am growing doubtful that it will be very large now.

I am perhaps two days from full remission and my symptoms were so mild that I cannot even tell I have any most of the time.

Goodness, now you are claiming that you had the virus? And how do you
know? You were tested? Or you had a case of the "sniffles" and wanting
to look like a hero decided to lie about it and brag that you had the
"Virus"?

Tom, you are pitiful!

--
cheers,

John B.

Old April 6th 20, 12:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Sun, 5 Apr 2020 12:43:41 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

[...]

But Frank, his whole life is based on pretending.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old April 6th 20, 01:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Sun, 5 Apr 2020 09:25:02 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

[...]

Which raises the question if Frank's entire being is based on hatred,
as you allege and your entire being is based on lies, as you prove in
your posts, which is to be preferred?

Or to go into even more details, As you are a teller of lies and you
say that "Frank is filled with hatred" are you lying?
--
cheers,

John B.

Testing in Telluride Ralph Barone[_4_] Techniques 2 March 30th 20 05:14 PM
Tire-making: testing, pre-testing, ect. DougC Techniques 11 October 31st 11 04:42 PM
Telluride Plans? fastlane62 Unicycling 5 May 23rd 07 04:10 PM
Unicycle Hockey and Trials in Telluride Tellurider Unicycling 5 June 11th 05 05:39 PM
Telluride!!!!! shipping problem jagur Unicycling 0 February 16th 05 10:15 PM