There are some odd drivers about!

Old April 3rd 20, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default There are some odd drivers about!

QUOTE:
A cyclist says he made a shocking discovery while making his way through the countryside near South Derbyshire after finding sex toys dumped in a lay-by.

In a relatively remote spot near Lullington and Netherseal, a Twitter user known as A National Forest Cyclist, spotted was shocked to see the two sex toys lying in a lay-by as he took his daily exercise during lockdown on Tuesday, March 31.

He says he also spotted a used needle near the items, which may have been left there too.

He says he was stunned when he relaised what the items were, saying it is the firs time he has ever spotted anything like that while out items on his journeys, although he has seen other items, including dumped toilets.

He told Burton Live: "They are in a lay-by between No Man’s Heath and Clifton Campville. "There was some kind of syringe there too. Shocking.

"I’m out riding every day and have seen dead horses, toilets, ice cream and fridges, and it drives me to distraction but this was the most random selection."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/bur...ng-sex-4009671
Old April 3rd 20, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

Go find another bridge. This time do the job correctly. You could not even
kill yourself, typical stupid cyclist.

Old April 3rd 20, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Friday, April 3, 2020 at 12:06:13 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Go find another bridge. This time do the job correctly. You could not even
kill yourself, typical stupid cyclist.

Thank you for your understanding at this difficult time, Stephen.
Old April 3rd 20, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 03/04/2020 11:30, Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

The lay-by is often used by cyclists, is it?
Old April 3rd 20, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

On Fri, 03 Apr 2020 11:05:56 GMT, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/bur...fter-finding-s
ex-4009671

Go find another bridge. This time do the job correctly. You could not
even kill yourself, typical stupid cyclist.

I thought you were going to be nice to Simon; maybe not.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.
Old April 3rd 20, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

wrote:

Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

That IS him being at his nicest!

Old April 4th 20, 12:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 03/04/2020 15:23, JNugent wrote:
On 03/04/2020 11:30, Simon Mason wrote:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/bur...ng-sex-4009671

The lay-by is often used by cyclists, is it?

First we need a definition of 'often'; such as more or less frequently
than drivers. If you had an answer, what pearls of wisdom would you
provide? There are only two scenarios, so you might as well tell us anyway.

Though it looks like a decent enough refuge to pull out of the way of a
tailgating driver.
Old April 4th 20, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

wrote:

Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

I can vouch for that.
Old April 4th 20, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 04/04/2020 00:07, TMS320 wrote:

On 03/04/2020 15:23, JNugent wrote:
On 03/04/2020 11:30, Simon Mason wrote:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/bur...ng-sex-4009671

The lay-by is often used by cyclists, is it?

First we need a definition of 'often'; such as more or less frequently
than drivers. If you had an answer, what pearls of wisdom would you
provide? There are only two scenarios, so you might as well tell us anyway.

I have never been to the location, so I cannot and do not have an answer
to the question I asked.

Do you?

Though it looks like a decent enough refuge to pull out of the way of a
tailgating driver.

Do cyclists often show enough courtesy to move off or over to the
nearside of the carriageway when being followed by traffic which they
are inevitably holding up?

I have never seen it happen, even though the Highway Code advises
drivers and riders of large *or* slow vehicles to do exactly that.
Old April 4th 20, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

On Sat, 04 Apr 2020 10:08:41 GMT, JNugent
wrote:

On 04/04/2020 00:07, TMS320 wrote:

On 03/04/2020 15:23, JNugent wrote:
On 03/04/2020 11:30, Simon Mason wrote:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/bur...-after-finding
-sex-4009671

The lay-by is often used by cyclists, is it?

First we need a definition of 'often'; such as more or less
frequently than drivers. If you had an answer, what pearls of wisdom
would you provide? There are only two scenarios, so you might as well
tell us anyway.

I have never been to the location, so I cannot and do not have an
answer to the question I asked.

Do you?

Though it looks like a decent enough refuge to pull out of the way of
a tailgating driver.

Do cyclists often show enough courtesy to move off or over to the
nearside of the carriageway when being followed by traffic which they
are inevitably holding up?

Can car drivers wait more than 2 picoseconds before cutting past?

I have never seen it happen, even though the Highway Code advises
drivers and riders of large *or* slow vehicles to do exactly that.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.

What drivers can do Mr Pounder Esquire UK 20 October 30th 18 10:30 AM
Is There No Low Too Low for Drivers? Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen UK 0 June 16th 16 05:21 PM
Drivers dob themselves in after hit and run Alycidon UK 0 March 24th 16 02:07 PM
OAP drivers Sylvia Wood UK 24 April 6th 09 02:22 AM
Not All Bus Drivers are Sh!ts Neal Milne UK 8 September 13th 03 08:15 PM