Best bike masks to protect urban cyclists from pollution

Old April 3rd 20, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Best bike masks to protect urban cyclists from pollution

QUOTE:
Cycling’s health benefits far outweigh the potential risk of breathing in polluted air yet rising pollution levels are a real concern in urban areas. That makes owning a bike mask a sensible choice for cyclists seeking protection from prolonged exposure to pollutants during their daily commute, because you just know that when we're all able to cycle to work again so too will those in cars be back out in force too.

These low-cost bike masks cut the air pollutants you breathe in by up to 99% which massively reduces the risk of developing or exacerbating serious health problems such as asthma, bronchitis and emphysema. In fact, the best bike masks can even filter the smallest particles of allergens, smoke and bad smells, too.

Read on for our buyer’s guide that explains everything you need to know about bike anti-pollution masks. Once you’re up to speed, we’ve then selected the best bike masks on the market.
How do bike masks work?

Bike masks feature either built-in or replaceable filters that block out the particulate matter and gaseous pollutants from the air we breathe in. That means you’re protected from diesel fumes, roadwork dust and some airborne viruses; plus, bike masks help to reduce pollen inhalation which is great for hayfever sufferers.

All anti-pollution masks come with behind-the-ear loops or behind-the-head straps, both of which fit comfortably but depend on your personal preference. They’ll also come with a metal strip over the nose that can be moulded to fit your face.

https://www.cyclist.co.uk/buying-gui...from-pollution
Old April 3rd 20, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kelly[_2_]

Simon Mason wrote:

All anti-pollution masks come with behind-the-ear loops or behind-the-head straps, both of which fit comfortably but depend on your personal preference. Theya??ll also come with a metal strip over the nose that can be moulded to fit your face.

https://www.cyclist.co.uk/buying-gui...from-pollution

Unfortunately, the three Anti Pollution Masks detailed in that guide
(all from Wiggle) are currently out of stock. What is the likelihood
that should they be available for sale again any time soon, the price
will have gone up?

Old April 3rd 20, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Friday, April 3, 2020 at 6:49:11 PM UTC+1, Kelly wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:

All anti-pollution masks come with behind-the-ear loops or behind-the-head straps, both of which fit comfortably but depend on your personal preference. Theya??ll also come with a metal strip over the nose that can be moulded to fit your face.

https://www.cyclist.co.uk/buying-gui...from-pollution

Unfortunately, the three Anti Pollution Masks detailed in that guide
(all from Wiggle) are currently out of stock. What is the likelihood
that should they be available for sale again any time soon, the price
will have gone up?

I suppose some people are going shopping wearing them.
Old April 3rd 20, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kelly[_2_]

Simon Mason wrote:

All anti-pollution masks come with behind-the-ear loops or behind-the-head straps, both of which fit comfortably but depend on your personal preference. Theya??ll also come with a metal strip over the nose that can be moulded to fit your face.

https://www.cyclist.co.uk/buying-gui...from-pollution

Unfortunately, the three Anti Pollution Masks detailed in that guide
(all from Wiggle) are currently out of stock. What is the likelihood
that should they be available for sale again any time soon, the price
will have gone up?

I suppose some people are going shopping wearing them.

I used to think all those oriental people were over doing things with
their mask wearing. I also thought burka wearing somewhat extreme. Now
here we are all desperate to mask up ourselves - how times change.

Old April 3rd 20, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

https://www.cyclist.co.uk/buying-gui...-masks-to-prot
ect-urban-cyclists-from-pollution

Unfortunately, the three Anti Pollution Masks detailed in that guide
(all from Wiggle) are currently out of stock. What is the likelihood
that should they be available for sale again any time soon, the
price will have gone up?

I suppose some people are going shopping wearing them.

I used to think all those oriental people were over doing things with
their mask wearing. I also thought burka wearing somewhat extreme. Now
here we are all desperate to mask up ourselves - how times change.

Has there been a run on burkhas?

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.
Old April 3rd 20, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kelly[_2_]

Simon Mason wrote:

All anti-pollution masks come with behind-the-ear loops or
behind-the-head straps, both of which fit comfortably but depend on
your personal preference. Theya??ll also come with a metal strip
over the nose that can be moulded to fit your face.

https://www.cyclist.co.uk/buying-gui...-masks-to-prot
ect-urban-cyclists-from-pollution

Unfortunately, the three Anti Pollution Masks detailed in that guide
(all from Wiggle) are currently out of stock. What is the likelihood
that should they be available for sale again any time soon, the
price will have gone up?

I suppose some people are going shopping wearing them.

I used to think all those oriental people were over doing things with
their mask wearing. I also thought burka wearing somewhat extreme. Now
here we are all desperate to mask up ourselves - how times change.

Has there been a run on burkhas?

There might be when those who previously felt too out of place to wear
the burka now feel it would be hypocritical for the rest of us to
accuse them of looking like letterboxes when we are all masked up
ourselves.

It also occurs to me that if us cyclists now all start wearing masks,
the anti-cycling fraternity are going to be complaining identification
is even more of a problem than ever it was before.

Old April 3rd 20, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Friday, April 3, 2020 at 8:26:46 PM UTC+1, Kelly wrote:

It also occurs to me that if us cyclists now all start wearing masks,
the anti-cycling fraternity are going to be complaining identification
is even more of a problem than ever it was before.

They don't have similar issues with motorcyclists wearing full face helmets though.
Old April 3rd 20, 08:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kelly[_2_]

Simon Mason wrote:

On Friday, April 3, 2020 at 8:26:46 PM UTC+1, Kelly wrote:

It also occurs to me that if us cyclists now all start wearing masks,
the anti-cycling fraternity are going to be complaining identification
is even more of a problem than ever it was before.

They don't have similar issues with motorcyclists wearing full face helmets though.

That's true but your forgetting motorcyclists also have registration
plates.

Old April 4th 20, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 03/04/2020 20:39, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, April 3, 2020 at 8:26:46 PM UTC+1, Kelly wrote:

It also occurs to me that if us cyclists now all start wearing masks,
the anti-cycling fraternity are going to be complaining identification
is even more of a problem than ever it was before.

They don't have similar issues with motorcyclists wearing full face helmets though.

cough number plates...
Old April 4th 20, 11:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Friday, April 3, 2020 at 8:51:28 PM UTC+1, Kelly wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:

On Friday, April 3, 2020 at 8:26:46 PM UTC+1, Kelly wrote:

It also occurs to me that if us cyclists now all start wearing masks,
the anti-cycling fraternity are going to be complaining identification
is even more of a problem than ever it was before.

They don't have similar issues with motorcyclists wearing full face helmets though.

That's true but your forgetting motorcyclists also have registration
plates.

Anyone could be riding the bike though.

The Value of Face Masks While Biking in an Urban Environment Artemisia General 1 March 21st 09 08:29 PM
OT - US cyclists apologize for wearing masks Woland99 Techniques 14 August 13th 08 04:11 AM
Airbags to protect cyclists! fred2 UK 7 August 4th 08 12:43 PM
Any recommendations for Anti-Pollution face masks? Simon L UK 8 December 13th 05 11:48 AM
Experience with air pollution masks like Respro? John Black Techniques 3 September 18th 04 01:06 PM