Anyone but Cavendouche

Old July 29th 12, 09:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Default Anyone but Cavendouche

"Mango" a écrit profondement:

| to keep that break going and then trying to send another rider across
| the gap (unsuccessfully). The poms were much more positive in the way
| they approached the race. They did things like sit at the front of
| the pack and not try to run the break down, then complain that no one
| else helped them (especially those teams like Australia who already
| had someone in the break) so they could set the race up for their best
| sprinter. It seems like they think that because you have the best
| sprinter everyone else should do their best to give him an easy ride
| and let him win a bunch sprint.

| A pretty poor attitude shown. We didn't win, so it must be someone
| else's fault.

Blame it on the lack of a multicultural presence in the Pom Squad

[Rest of post about McWhiner and Angelique snipped to avoid
embarrassment to son Ewan, and daughters Elena and Claudia.]

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/cycling/videos/
Check for O'Grady on the right hand menu

--
Davey Crockett
Flying the Flag of the English
Old August 1st 12, 02:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Frederick the Great

In article ,
Uncle Dave wrote:

For me, the first BIG lesson for Brailsford and Co. on the road - don't
get arrogant unless you have something to be arrogant about. Oh, and
here's a clue - if a break goes up the road with riders from every major
team in it send somebody along for the ride FFS. Look it up on Page 1
of Janet and John's Guide To Road Racing For Beginners.

Words to live by.

--
Old Fritz