Anyone but Cavendouche

Old July 28th 12, 03:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Default Anyone but Cavendouche

makes for a great ****ing result. Hope you toothless english douche
nozzles can pay your bets. Maybe sell your inbred offspring into the
queens service.
Old July 28th 12, 04:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

On 28/07/2012 15:54, Anton Berlin wrote:

makes for a great ****ing result. Hope you toothless english douche
nozzles can pay your bets. Maybe sell your inbred offspring into the
queens service.

I don't think many of the cognoscenti on this ng will have bet on that.
I forgot it's only five man teams in the Olympics so those tactics
were unlikely to do the trick, something I aid to Mrs UD when the break
got established. Given that only the teams relying on sprinters weren't
in the damn thing I think there may just have been a pre-race
conspiracy. Obvious when you think about it, and just as obvious would
be for Team GB to send someone with it. Tailor made for David Millar.

Still, nice to see the Olympic RR actually being taken seriously
nowadays after the post-amateur era rather dampened down its
significance. Trade team allegiances were still in evidence but that's
unlikely to ever change.

Good race I thought.

UD
Old July 28th 12, 05:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DC

Anton Berlin said the following on 28/07/2012 10:54 PM:
makes for a great ****ing result. Hope you toothless english douche
nozzles can pay your bets. Maybe sell your inbred offspring into the
queens service.

Seems it was Australia's fault that he lost:

http://www.watoday.com.au/olympics/c...729-234cz.html

"The guys all sat there in the tent absolutely spent. We did everything
we could. The crowd was tremendous the whole way around, but the Aussies
just raced negatively," he said after the race.

Old July 28th 12, 06:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

Default Cav wouldn't let Anton suck his dick

On 28/07/2012 15:54, Anton Berlin wrote:
makes //SLAP

Funny thing about you Anton, you go totally quiet for days and days during the
height of the racing season and then when Cav doesn't win the occasional race
you've got lots (of mostly ****e) to say. You're not actually interested in
racing are you? You're just a Cav obsesso. What happened, you met him once and
he wouldn't let you suck his dick?

Old July 28th 12, 06:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

On 28/07/2012 17:51, DC wrote:
Anton Berlin said the following on 28/07/2012 10:54 PM:
makes for a great ****ing result. Hope you toothless english douche
nozzles can pay your bets. Maybe sell your inbred offspring into the
queens service.

Seems it was Australia's fault that he lost:

http://www.watoday.com.au/olympics/c...729-234cz.html

"The guys all sat there in the tent absolutely spent. We did everything
we could. The crowd was tremendous the whole way around, but the Aussies
just raced negatively," he said after the race.

Well, as it became inevitable they weren't going to do it when they
couldn't make inroads on the break on the last couple of laps of Box
Hill, I said to Mrs UD that you could see GB's approach as negative in
that it relied on keeping the race together which isn't at all exciting
for fans though it is to be admired when it works, such as at the World's.

It's sad they've decided to blame anyone else because they ****ed up by
thinking that 1) with five riders, one of whom would not be working,
they could control such a hotly contested race and 2) that everyone
else, knowing their tactics in advance, would just let them get on with
it. I feel sorry for Daid Millar who is just the kind of rider who
could have won from that break. Cavendish already has an Olympic gold -
Madison with Bradley IIRC - so yah boo sucks, come off that wheel and do
some work if you want to win :-))

For me, the first BIG lesson for Brailsford and Co. on the road - don't
get arrogant unless you have something to be arrogant about. Oh, and
here's a clue - if a break goes up the road with riders from every major
team in it send somebody along for the ride FFS. Look it up on Page 1
of Janet and John's Guide To Road Racing For Beginners.

Great race although I spent far too much time wondering whether Team GB
could do it and ignoring the other posibilities.

UD
Old July 28th 12, 06:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 28/07/2012 16:32, Uncle Dave wrote:

Good race I thought.

Yeah it was very good, Vino really showed his racing craft and
experience...among other things.

Old July 28th 12, 07:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 28/07/2012 18:34, Uncle Dave wrote:
I feel sorry for Daid Millar who is
just the kind of rider who could have won from that break.

+1

Old July 28th 12, 07:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 7/28/2012 12:35 PM, atriage wrote:
On 28/07/2012 16:32, Uncle Dave wrote:

Good race I thought.

Yeah it was very good, Vino really showed his racing craft and
experience...among other things.

How many guys to you think watched the Colombian attack
and saw the possibilities? The race I was thinking of
as the k's counted down was the 2005 Tour where he
screwed the sprinters by manufacturing a stage win in
Paris out of nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cGK25uZwpc

Old July 28th 12, 07:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 28/07/2012 19:25, Fred Flintstein wrote:
On 7/28/2012 12:35 PM, atriage wrote:
On 28/07/2012 16:32, Uncle Dave wrote:

Good race I thought.

Yeah it was very good, Vino really showed his racing craft and
experience...among other things.

How many guys to you think watched the Colombian attack
and saw the possibilities? The race I was thinking of
as the k's counted down was the 2005 Tour where he
screwed the sprinters by manufacturing a stage win in
Paris out of nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cGK25uZwpc

How long before he announces cancelled retirement 2.0, or is it 3.0?

Old July 29th 12, 05:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mango

.au...

http://www.watoday.com.au/olympics/cycling-london-2012/the-aussies-just-raced-negatively-cavendish-takes-aim-after-disappointing-road-race-20120729-234cz.html

"The guys all sat there in the tent absolutely spent. We did everything we
could. The crowd was tremendous the whole way around, but the Aussies just
raced negatively," he said after the race.

Apparently negative means having one rider start a break and work hard to
keep that break going and then trying to send another rider across the gap
(unsuccessfully). The poms were much more positive in the way they
approached the race. They did things like sit at the front of the pack and
not try to run the break down, then complain that no one else helped them
(especially those teams like Australia who already had someone in the break)
so they could set the race up for their best sprinter. It seems like they
think that because you have the best sprinter everyone else should do their
best to give him an easy ride and let him win a bunch sprint.

A pretty poor attitude shown. We didn't win, so it must be someone else's
fault.