OT Congrats on a couple of special days

Old January 21st 09, 10:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

Default OT Congrats on a couple of special days

"Fred Fredburger" wrote in message
Tom Kunich wrote:

Frankly I'm shocked that you couldn't tell that Bush stepped into the
middle of a growing world threat and stopped it cold.

I'm honestly curious when I hear statements like this. And I'm hearing
them a lot.

Then perhaps you should actually think about it rather than repeat the
anti-Bush rhetoric without thought.

Are you saying that the US President controls whether we get attacked by
terrorists? It _sounds_ like you're saying the President gets credit for
the lack of terrorist attacks. By reasonable extension, he would also be
responsible when they happen as well.

You don't really see things as this simple, do you?

Are you somehow under the impression that not responding to terrorist
attacks will prevent future terrorist attacks? Reagan didn't respond because
he already had too much on his plate. We were working against the communist
machine and the Muslim terrorists were second. However, perhaps you might
have noted that when Reagan didn't take action, when George H. W. Bush
didn't take action, when Bill Clinton didn't take action it caused NOTHING
but an increase in the attacks.

What's more, it was becoming a mark of honor for any Muslim leader to
support attacks on the USA. That stopped pretty much cold when George W.
Bush took REAL action against the Muslims.

Then because of the political hay being made by the Liberals he backed off
and now Iran is building a nuclear weapon and has been vocally threatening
Israel.

But perhaps you want a world war to start. Maybe it will give you something
to discuss over dinner.

Old January 21st 09, 10:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message

Most of those cats were taken prisoner in Afghanistan during the
overthrow of the Taliban.

We don't speak their language. We have a hard enough time getting
things halfway right in our own domestic criminal justice system. How
can we get it right with them?

There you have it from the man who is a musician at best.

The people around Osama bin Laden got away with him at Tora Bora.

The "war" against them is mostly prosecuted in the wrong fashion.
They're not a nation. They're more in line with a criminal terrorist
group (Tim McVeigh et al). The way to defeat them is to infiltrate,
get information on their whereabout, then capture/kill them. We've
tried military tactics and they are the wrong options. Evidenced by
Osama bin Laden being still alive, 7.5 years after 9/11.

And now he's a military/police expert.

Old January 21st 09, 10:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Jan 21, 12:36*pm, "Paul G." wrote:

Absolutely true. *Being, say, *a door gunner in a Huey didn't make you
an authority on the geo-political situation in Southeast Asia either.
Reading Newsweek and Time might, though.

dumbass,

anyone who's been in the military will never stop mentioning it.

and as you can tell from is thread they will always use it to qualify
themselves as an authority about what they are about to tell you
about.

classy.

Old January 21st 09, 10:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Jan 21, 2:01*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"P.Chisholm" wrote in message

And what was Vietnam again?

Starting when? Just after WWII when the Japanese were the police
force, after it was artificially partitioned to better able to
administer it? Or during and after Ho Chi Minh tried to shake off the
French imperialists(and asked for the US' help, BTW. We said no
because of France's importance to the Marshall plan and reconstruction
of Europe.

WHAT? What the heck have you been reading? By all means explain these
horrible French imperialists. Exactly WHAT were they doing in Indochina? Oh,
that's right - they were planting rubber trees in areas that had previously
been jungle. And they were putting Indochinese to work that before that were
living from hand to mouth subsistence.

Jackass -

You are so ****ed up. The Vietnamese didn't want them there.

Dien Bien Phu baby. Google it.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old January 21st 09, 10:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Jan 21, 12:46*pm, "Paul G." wrote:
On Jan 21, 5:45*am, --D-y wrote:

On Jan 20, 5:42*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

Remember that I'm a Vietnam vet.

You're a liar and a poser.

By your own words, you spent your service time safe in Guam, gassing
airplanes and "emptying the library", which apparently didn't do you
much good (since you didn't learn anything).

You never came anywhere close to putting your face in the dirt, you
scoundrel.

I used to work with a guy who got shot up in Vietnam. He had a lot of
nasty scars and will receive a disability check from the govt every
month for the rest of his life. I used to joke with him about my being
a VIETNAM era VETERAN. I'd say the "era" part in a lower tone of
voice.

I never claim to be a Vietnam War Veteran because I didn't serve in
Vietnam. Like you say, only a scoundrel would do that.
-Paul

Not pinning anything on anybody, but there's lots of "Garrett
Troopers", and paper pushing REMFs out there spinning BS. The Barry
Saddler song says it all. That's why the CIB is, and was such a big
thing before REMFs found a way to start putting themselves in for
them.
That's the unforgiveable sin.
No question both you and D-y get it. Contrary to some opinions out
there I'm betting that 99% of the folks I know, like your friend,
would happily have a beer with either of you guys.
Bill C
Old January 21st 09, 10:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Jan 21, 2:11*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message

Most of those cats were taken prisoner in Afghanistan during the
overthrow of the Taliban.

We don't speak their language. We have a hard enough time getting
things halfway right in our own domestic criminal justice system. How
can we get it right with them?

There you have it from the man who is a musician at best.

The people around Osama bin Laden got away with him at Tora Bora.

The "war" against them is mostly prosecuted in the wrong fashion.
They're not a nation. They're more in line with a criminal terrorist
group (Tim McVeigh et al). The way to defeat them is to infiltrate,
get information on their whereabout, then capture/kill them. We've
tried military tactics and they are the wrong options. Evidenced by
Osama bin Laden being still alive, 7.5 years after 9/11.

And now he's a military/police expert.

Dumbass -

It's pure common sense.

If the military strategy were the correct path, then Osama bin Laden
would be dead or captured wouldn't he?

Idiot.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

"I want justice. And there's an old poster out West that says,
'Wanted: Dead or Alive.' "
- George Bush, about Osama bin Laden, September 18, 2001

Old January 21st 09, 10:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Tom Kunich wrote:

Isn't it scaring you that they're printing pictures of Obama's head on
Franklin Roosevelt's body?

No scarier than the image of Bush with his head up his own ass.

--
Bill Asher
Old January 21st 09, 11:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Amit Ghosh" wrote in message

anyone who's been in the military will never stop mentioning it.

You mean after someone like you who has all that experience on the subject
tries to tell us all about it?

and as you can tell from is thread they will always use it to qualify
themselves as an authority about what they are about to tell you
about.

Whereas you're an authority on it because you've never been there and never
done that. Gotcha.

Old January 21st 09, 11:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Bill C" wrote in message
On Jan 21, 12:46 pm, "Paul G." wrote:
On Jan 21, 5:45 am, --D-y wrote:
On Jan 20, 5:42 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

Remember that I'm a Vietnam vet.

You're a liar and a poser.

By your own words, you spent your service time safe in Guam, gassing
airplanes and "emptying the library", which apparently didn't do you
much good (since you didn't learn anything).

Maybe you don't understand war? There are 6 people supporting everyone who
is out there actually holding a gun. Maybe I wasn't being endangered when we
jumped behind a blast wall when a loaded bomber exploded and killed the EOD
guy who was going over to defuse the bomb accidentally fused when loading
the bomber? How about those guys killed in the bomber crash on take-off? For
every man SHOT two more were killed in support rolls.

You jokers make me laugh.

You never came anywhere close to putting your face in the dirt, you
scoundrel.

By all means tell us what you did.

I used to work with a guy who got shot up in Vietnam. He had a lot of
nasty scars and will receive a disability check from the govt every
month for the rest of his life. I used to joke with him about my being
a VIETNAM era VETERAN. I'd say the "era" part in a lower tone of
voice.

I never claim to be a Vietnam War Veteran because I didn't serve in
Vietnam. Like you say, only a scoundrel would do that.

Then by all means explain why the government is paying for my medical
support?

No question both you and D-y get it. Contrary to some opinions out
there I'm betting that 99% of the folks I know, like your friend,
would happily have a beer with either of you guys.

My guess is that these guys believe that only someone in a foxhole is a
"Vietnam Vet". But personally I expected more from you Bill.

Old January 21st 09, 11:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message

You are so ****ed up. The Vietnamese didn't want them there.

Dien Bien Phu baby. Google it.

Thanks for demonstrating that you have no idea what was happening.